Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AmirAlmuminin Lover

What type of water do you drink?

Rate this topic

I drank water from the kitchen few days ago, but it was so heavy. I don't know why kitchen water is so heavy in US (it was same in my previous location). My roommate gave me some purified water that he bought from store, but it was also heavy. I was fealing too many minerals are passing through my throat. I went to a grocery store and bought a good water. (I feel it's expensive to buy electrolyte purified water everytime for cooking and drinking). What type of water do you use? What's your suggesstion?

Where do you live? In the US, tap water varies in quality from area to area. I drink filtered or bottled water. 

37 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

What type of water do you use? What's your suggesstion?

Never drink water from a bathroom faucet because very little water passes through that tap, so contaminants can build up inside the pipe. Only drink the water from the kitchen faucet after letting the water run for a while, especially if the water has been sitting in the pipe overnight.

If you check the water quality of your city and find out that there are news stories about contamination or pollution, you have to buy drinking water. If you can afford it, buy a purifying water pitcher which filters out harmful contaminants.

For those who live in the US, you can type in your location and get information at this site:

https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/#.W7WXS3tKgr8

Edited by Hameedeh
typo

10 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

What type of water do you use? What's your suggesstion?

Any type which is properly sterilized and have total dissolved solids (TDS) less than 300ppm (mg/l).

You can buy a pen type TDS tester & check the total dissolved solids in your city supply water. If the TDS is less than 300ppm (or mg/l), that means the chemical composition is in accordance with WHO standards. You need to install a triplex filter (cartridge 5 & 0.3micron, charcoal or activated carbon blocks) with UV sterilizer or ozonator to get rid of any harmful bacteria.

Bottled since I'm in Florida and water here can range from good, to tasting like almost sea water. I get those big 2.5 gallon spout containers and fill up BPA free hard plastic sealable containers/metal bottles and put them in my fridge.

6 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Never drink water from a bathroom faucet because very little water passes through that tap,

There are six of us in my family. The bathroom tap runs all day. In what kind of house is the kitchen faucet used more than regular hand washing after toilet? 

I drink unfiltered tap water. Our municipality sends test reports to assure is that it is safe and healthy to drink. We have a well, but I've not tested the quality yet so I'm not sure it can be used as a backup source without filtration and boiling. 

I am opposed to excess use of plastic. Use of plastic is great. Waste is not. 

7 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Where do you live? In the US, tap water varies in quality from area to area. I drink filtered or bottled water. 

I live in central IL. Tap wter is not good here.

7 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Never drink water from a bathroom faucet because very little water passes through that tap, so contaminants can build up inside the pipe. Only drink the water from the kitchen faucet after letting the water run for a while, especially if the water has been sitting in the pipe overnight.

If you check the water quality of your city and find out that there are news stories about contamination or pollution, you have to buy drinking water. If you can afford it, buy a purifying water pitcher which filters out harmful contaminants.

For those who live in the US, you can type in your location and get information at this site:

https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/#.W7WXS3tKgr8

I see that some people use some devices to the faucet to purify water, but I think those are not enough. Drinking water at my office is also heavy, but other people use it.

I used the link you sent. It says tap water in this area is in compliance with federal law drinking water standards. I'm sure the city officials buy water and don't use tap water for drinking.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

10 hours ago, Zulfiqar1472 said:

Filtered water from kitchen tap

Those carbon filters leech carbon fibers which are another health problem. Read that about 15-20 years ago and asked a MD friend of mine for comment.