Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iranian woman kills husband because of abuse

Rate this topic

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's just say that in this one case, the woman was lying (even if we don't know that for sure). There are still women like that in Iran and all over the world. It's not some sort of new idea that's s

Gee, a new user, with thin profile, comes on and immediately starts posting anti IRI articles from Western sources. We haven't seen that before.  Also, this article is extremely thin on facts, so

I checked some Persian websites and what I realized was that: -she was not forced to marry. She decided to marry because her family were poor and she had a difficult life. She convinced her paren

Posted Images

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Share said:

https://www.newsweek.com/teenage-rape-victim-abused-husband-executed-after-grossly-unfair-trial-1150123

does anyone know if islam allows torture to get someone to confess to a crime ?

No, torture is not allowed. 

But we don't know whether this claim of torture is true or not. If it is, it needs to be corrected. If it's not, may Allah curse the liars. 

This is disgusting. These people in power are not practicing Islam—they are oppressors. 

This is why we need feminism. To prevent underage women from getting married and for getting away from abusive people. Not shame and blame them. 

• Advanced Member

lol it kills me... literally thousands of stories like this a day in western countries... like "man traps sex slave for 15 years in basement".. "woman kills husband and feeds it to children" honestly endless list... you get ONE story from iran

OPPRESSIVE REGIME!!!!!!! FEMINISM!!!!!!!

do us a favor and keep your delusions to yourselves

Edited by abuhaydar
  • Advanced Member

If the trial was fair then Iran hanged a murderer though a confession obtained by torture is inadmissible in a shari' court. I am generally pretty skeptical of media reports like that. 'Underage marriage' is permissible in Islam and media agencies obviously have an agenda to push. 

• Advanced Member

It's the "executed after grossly unfair trial" bit that is controversial. Not that executions and grossly unfair trials are unique to Iran, or that there is no unfavorable bias in media reporting on Iran. Still though, she was young, there were questions about her conviction - was a young life not worth a double check?

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

This is disgusting. These people in power are not practicing Islam—they are oppressors. 

This is why we need feminism. To prevent underage women from getting married and for getting away from abusive people. Not shame and blame them. 

We don’t need feminism. No one is getting away with anything, maybe in this world but not the next that’s for sure. Her story sounds fishy or they wrote a fishy article. 

28 minutes ago, abuhaydar said:

.. "woman kills husband and feeds it to children" honestly endless list... you get ONE story from iran. 

Ur making a valid point there, but ... that title is just.... disturbing....  

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Muslim Queen said:

We don’t need feminism. No one is getting away with anything, maybe in this world but not the next that’s for sure. Her story sounds fishy or they wrote a fishy article. 

Ur making a valid point there, but ... that title is just.... disturbing....  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Knight

• Moderators

Gee, a new user, with thin profile, comes on and immediately starts posting anti IRI articles from Western sources. We haven't seen that before. 

Also, this article is extremely thin on facts, so I don't think we can make a judgement about anything based on this. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

Let's just say that in this one case, the woman was lying (even if we don't know that for sure). There are still women like that in Iran and all over the world. It's not some sort of new idea that's sprung out. Domestic abuse is very common, many people are just too afraid to speak out about it because of their fear of being blamed, not being understood or believed, or being punished by their abusers. 

Yes, I agree with you. Thats exactly why I do not understand why it made international news, oh wait, its about Iran.

3 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

I don't think anyone mentioned banning underage marriage. But I do hope we all support banning underage forced marriage. Any forced marriage should be banned. As for the phrase "underage" I think that's subjective. I would've never been able to survive  a marriage at 15 (because the marriage would fail because of lacking maturity etc) but another person would have a perfect marriage at 15. What may work for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. 

Forced marriage is haram in Islam, nobody is arguing about that but what I was replying to was "This is why we need feminism. To prevent underage women from getting married".

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Klanky said:

It's the "executed after grossly unfair trial" bit that is controversial. Not that executions and grossly unfair trials are unique to Iran, or that there is no unfavorable bias in media reporting on Iran. Still though, she was young, there were questions about her conviction - was a young life not worth a double check?

Why dont you answer it yourself.

You seem to already know how everything works in Iran so I guess you know the answer to your own questions too.

I am convinced your knowledge of Iran is acquired from thorough experience and studies regarding Iran and its society and for sure not based on assumptions and prejudice.

• Advanced Member
42 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

Gee, a new user, with thin profile, comes on and immediately starts posting anti IRI articles from Western sources.

I despise the majority of country that exist, iran is one of them.

I couldn't find Middle Eastern sources of the story so I linked that one.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Choose either Feminism or Islam because both are at 360degrees contradiction with each other. 

Also sister, please peek into the entirety of any statement/news before cursing anyone.

What if they are not oppressors? Your curse will be fired back at you.

Don't hate Iran and Wilayat e Faqih. Believe it or not they are the only path to Imam Mahdi (ajfs) and he is helping them. God is helping them since 40 years now.

Western media is taking its all to spread lies against the system and is trying its best to incite people (just like it incited you) to curse the system, hate it and then use them to overthrow it.

But its all day dreaming of US-Saudi and Israel because Iran and Wilayat e Faqih is not going anywhere anytime.

May Allah curse the oppressors and the liars.

• Moderators

Can anyone provide a different news article on the same event with different bias? With translation if necessary. 

The thing about media bias is it makes it harder to know the truth, but not necessarily impossible. You just have to check multiple sources. If this is the only article, there's nothing to balance it against, so we can't know what is true. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

Why dont you answer it yourself.

You seem to already know how everything works in Iran so I guess you know the answer to your own questions too.

I am convinced your knowledge of Iran is acquired from thorough experience and studies regarding Iran and its society and for sure not based on assumptions and prejudice.

Certainly my knowledge of Iran and it's society and culture is incomplete but that's irrelevant. I thought my answer to such a rhetorical question was self-evident - of course she deserves a double check no matter where she (or any other person sentenced to death) lives. The thread is about an Iranian case, your reaction to my post is confusing to me.

• Moderators

@Share

What is this topic meant to discuss?

1. The validity the conviction?

2. The severity of the sentence?

or

3. The background story of those involved? 

Those are three very different discussions. I thought we were discussing whether a confession obtained through torture is ever islamically admissible. 

Edited by notme
  • Advanced Member

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى give the liars their due.

May He separate the munafiqs, who join the kuffar in jeering at His revealed will, from the true believers, who are firmly on His path even in the face of relentless slander from the dayuths and taghuts,for all of the Ummah to see.

Edited by AbdusSibtayn
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Yes, I agree with you. Thats exactly why I do not understand why it made international news, oh wait, its about Iran.

Bro, it's not international news. I haven't seen it on any of the major and most respected news outlets. That doesn't even look that sophisticated anyway. I haven't seen BBC or CNN or any other major news outlets speak on this. People need to stop with the fear mongering and victinising themselves. This case is very ordinary (sadly). Did you not hear about the story that was released about the Iraqi girl from America who got burnt by her parents? The whole thread turned into racist derogatory comments. That story was international. It's not an "everyone hates Iran" thing. It's a "everyone hates the middle Eastern and Asian muslims " thing. We hear stories like this emerging from Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, India etc. Its not only Iran being targeted.

And I think @Islandsandmirrors meant that this is why we need to stop sexism. And feminism isn't the devil incarnate so everyone else needs to chill. Feminism simply means that women should be given equal rights. Yes, that may contradict with certain rulings, but feminism doesnt harm anyone. In this case, a more feminist perspective would've spared this woman's life. Because they wouldn't have obtained her confession through torture. Treating a woman the same way as a man during interrogation is one embodiment of feminism. I'm sure no one here will say that it's okay to torture a man into a confession but not a woman. In certain aspects, the genders must be treated equally to ensure that justice is served.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, notme said:

I thought we were discussing whether a confession obtained through torture is ever islamically admissible. 

you are correct.

A lot of Islamic countries are using torture for various reasons, I wanted to know if it was halal to so.

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Share said:

you are correct.

A lot of Islamic countries are using torture for various reasons, I wanted to know if it was halal to so.

It's essentially the same thing as taking someone prisoner and inflicting pain on them to further your own agenda. That's not halal in anyone's book.

Let's not even get started on the lack of reliability of confession under torture...

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Share said:

you are correct.

As Muslims, we must oppose all forms of torture, by governments, organizations, or individuals. The problem lies partly in defining torture. Clearly it is haram to beat an accused person until they confess, but is it torture to threaten them? Is it torture to leave them alone in a room for extended periods? Is it torture to deny a person food or water enough to make them uncomfortable but not cause physical harm? Must the investigator insure that the accused is comfortable and feels safe? 

Another problem would be dividing what is officially sanctioned (like CIA torture camps) from what is carried out by fanatical or disturbed individuals, (like beatings by police officers). 

I don’t agree with many of feminism’s principles, but I believe that women should be treated humanly, and I believe we must educate them to get out of domestic violence. Feminism does a great job at allowing women to stand up to the men that once hurt them. 

Islam is perfect, but many people abuse their authority and manipulate the Quran to get a women to stay trapped in abusive marriages. “I have authority over you, I’m your husband and so I have the right to beat you—it says so in the Quran.”

“No I won’t divorce you because you didn’t say so in the contract, so you have no right to leave.” Etc.

Torture is also disgusting and inhuman. A person I knew was falsely accused of rape, and was beaten until they realized they had made a mistake. I’ve heard of so many stories where people are tortured so they can confess. That is disgusting. That is wrong. This is not Islam. This is oppression. 

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, notme said:

Can anyone provide a different news article on the same event with different bias? With translation if necessary. 

The thing about media bias is it makes it harder to know the truth, but not necessarily impossible. You just have to check multiple sources. If this is the only article, there's nothing to balance it against, so we can't know what is true. 

I checked some Persian websites and what I realized was that:

-she was not forced to marry. She decided to marry because her family were poor and she had a difficult life. She convinced her parents to allow her to get married.

-at the age 17, after the murder, which happened about 7 years ago, she went to police and reported herself and said that she killed her husband because he abused and beated her.

- later she retracted her words and said that someone else killed her husband

-according to her lawyer, there was much evidence that she was not a murderer.

-her brother in-law was arrested but since there was no evidence against him, he was released

-where she was in jail, she was allowed to marry a man who was a prisoner, too.

Anyway....God rest her soul. She had a difficult sad life. I personally think they should not have executed her.

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Salam alaykum sister. We don't need feminism, we have Islam and this is what we need. Feminism is something limited to this dunya, Islam is the solution for this and the other world.

• Veteran Member

10:20 this is what is happening

@hasanhh

@starlight

@IbnSina

@Hameedeh

34ـ الإمامُ الصّادِقُ عَلَيهِ السَّلامُ: إنَّ الإيمانَ عَشرُ دَرَجاتٍ بِمَنزِلَةِ السُلَّمِ، يُصعَدُ مِنهُ مِرقاةً بَعدَ مِرقاةٍ، فَلا يَقُولَنَّ صاحِبُ الإثنَينِ لِصاحِبِ الواحِدِ: لَستَ علَى شَيءٍ، حَتّى يَنتهيَ إلَى العاشِرِ فَلا تُسقِط مَن هُو دُونَكَ فَيُسقِطَكَ مَن هُوَ فَوقَكَ، وإذا رأيتَ مَن هُوَ أسفَلُ مِنكَ بِدَرجةٍ فارفَعهُ إلَيكَ برِفقٍ، ولا تَحمِلَنَّ عَلَيهِ ما لا يُطيقُ فَتَكسِرَهُ، فإنّ مَن كَسَرَ مُؤمِناً فَعَلَيهِ جَبرُهُ .
34– Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, ‘Certainly faith is ten levels, like the rungs of a ladder, where each rung is climbed one after the other. The one on the second rung cannot say to the one on the first: ‘You are nothing’ until he completes the ten. Therefore do not knock the one below you down, lest the one above you knocks you down. And when you see one below you in rank, lift him up to your level with gentleness. And do not burden him with that which he cannot bear lest you break him, for verily one who breaks a believer must put him back together again.’ [al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 45, no. 2]
  • Advanced Member

A little off topic, but since so many people are saying feminism is not needed, I think they need to actually learn what true feminism is. Real feminism isn't walking in the street completely naked. It's not asking to have a higher pay than your male co worker. If you look at the original feminist movement, this was far from their message, and alot of things modern day feminists do would outrage the founders of real feminism. We need to learn to distinguish between true feminism, and random people using feminism as an excuse for radical ideology. It applies to "Muslim" terrorists. They're not really Muslims, but the name gets them the attention they want. Same thing.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

Feminism simply means that women should be given equal rights. Yes, that may contradict with certain rulings, but feminism doesnt harm anyone.

Equal rights as in equal share in inheritance and being an equal witness and so on? Anything that is against the Islamic principles will harm the society sooner or later. 

Edited by starlight
Damn autocorrect
  • Veteran Member
12 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

but many people abuse their authority and manipulate the Quran to get a women to stay trapped in abusive marriages.

ln my lifetime, decades ago you could not get divorced and if you did the woman got everything plus support plus anything else the court could pile up on the man. That was the Churchs' moralizing influence. That is why when feminism got started, one of the slogans was "women's liberation is man's liberation". This was a main argument for the Equal Rights Amendment. The Amerikan actor Richard van Dyke made a movie titled Divorce American Style and the part l remember best is when he asks the divorce judge how he could be expected "to live on $25 a week?" 

There use to be the reality "Divorce: ltalian Style"; which meant the only way get rid of a spouse was to-get-rid-of-the-spouse. There were even movies made about people killing their spouses because they couldn't divorce.

In both cases and other countries, the man-enslavement was because of a Church sacrament.

So, it is not anything particular to lsIam. Spousal abuse exists everywhere. lt is only Quran that reveals if you can't live together to separate. The Western Churches had the cwap "what god has joined together let no man put asunder."