Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Natsu

I want to learn how to code

13 minutes ago, Natsu said:

I know absolutely nothing about coding,where should i start from?

Try Python - Here is a FREE course you can try - https://www.edx.org/xseries/gtx-introduction-to-computing-in-python

It will teach you Programming concepts using a fairly simple yet powerful High level language (Python).

Salam. There are lots of videos on youtube. If you look up any language, 'Learning Python', 'Learning C++', 'Learning Javascript', etc. 

Also, there is a great new site I found udemy.com. If you look up , 'Python udemy, Dart udemy, etc. Courses are not free, but cheap, around $10 to $20 USD each. but well worth it. They are extensive, and go thru step by step and also include sections for those who are beginners to programming. I am currently taking the 'Dart and Flutter' course. Taking a break from it now to post on SC, lol. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

20 minutes ago, Natsu said:

You should start with some easy languages like C and Python. The logic and concepts of all the languages are similar where they differ is syntax and implementation. 

2 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

You should start with some easy languages like C and Python. The logic and concepts of all the languages are similar where they differ is syntax and implementation. 

C is not as relevant nowdays, unless you are working on low level hardware based projects like programing an Arduino, etc. 

Python is probably the best for beginners since you can learn alot and it is also a useful language to know, generally, since it is used alot in current 'cutting edge' projects such as AI projects via Pytorch. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

4 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

C is not as relevant nowdays, unless you are working on low level hardware based projects like programing an Arduino, etc

Correct. I was mentioning that one to get started as it is easier alongside python. HTML (markup language) would be another good option to start with. 

I also suggest Python, I recently started looking at it myself and I think it is relatively approachable as these things go. You follow some structured learning path that will get doing practical examples e.g. a book or a cheap/free course. 

If you don't already know about html then I would consider looking at that. Its not really programming like with python or java but with html there is an element of instant gratification whereas with something like python it'll probably be a while before you can do anything useful because there is a lot about syntax and concepts to get through. For me it was the gateway to programming. I started learning html out of curiosity and then found myself wanting to go behind the scenes and now I work as a java programmer. On the other hand maybe you can figure out enough html to manage as and when you need it. 

Most important is to start and experiment and enjoy

C, Python, and Javascript are all good choices.  The benefit of C is that while being relatively simple, it teaches you how memory works and doesn't come packed with libraries.  You have to write your own libraries in C which makes you a better programmer.  Another benefit of C is that a lot of popular languages are derived from it. After C picking up Java/C# and Javascript will be a breeze.  Javascript is very different from C but it uses the same syntax.  Python is quite different and also an excellent language, but it spoils you with a lot of features and picking up another popular language will take a bit more time.  

If you want to have a cool application up and running on the web right away then go with Javascript as every single browser requires it.  You do not need a compiler it's extremely easy to debug with Chrome.  Javascript also has a ridiculous amount of tutorials on the web and there are tons of javascript jobs out there.

11 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

C is not as relevant nowdays, unless you are working on low level hardware based projects like programing an Arduino, etc. 

Python is probably the best for beginners since you can learn alot and it is also a useful language to know, generally, since it is used alot in current 'cutting edge' projects such as AI projects via Pytorch. 

You would be surprised how popular C still is, it is virtually everywhere.

13 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Based on my experience do not waste time on C++ it is un ended black hole ; C Sharp is dying from the UI perspective  as most of the cloud are linux agnostic so JAVA works well.

Learn JAVA as most of banking/enterprise application are built around this and Javascripts fro UI  - heading to AngularJS or ReactivJS.

Python is good but not multi threaded works well for small level automation but no comparison of JAVA.

Finally please participate in this poll...

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235059319-halal-catering-solution-for-west 

Edited by Zulfiqar1472

9 hours ago, Zulfiqar1472 said:

Based on my experience do not waste time on C++ it is un ended black hole ; C Sharp is dying from the UI perspective  as most of the cloud are linux agnostic so JAVA works well.

This site analyzes it through electronic/robotic /computer engineer view btw you are right the C family just good for understanding how stuff like memories work Java is very workable but has problems in field of security about python i’m a beginner so it needs for me to know more about it ,thanks for your sharing your personal experience.

21 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

This site analyzes it through electronic/robotic /computer engineer view btw you are right the C family just good for understanding how stuff like memories work Java is very workable but has problems in field of security about python i’m a beginner so it needs for me to know more about it ,thanks for your sharing your personal experience.

If you are a beginner then Python is great and then start moving towards JAVA and you will feel the difference. Good Luck with your journey to the computer langauges... in fact i have taken the longer route from C++, .Net C Sharp Java to Python and now terraform and Ansible Infrastructure as Code. 

@Ashvazdanghe

You can actually pick any language that has good tutorial and documentation. What you need is perseverance and curiosity. It would be great if you have place to ask question that keep blocking your way, but it is not really necessary especially in the very beginning.

On 9/29/2018 at 7:17 PM, Natsu said:

Assalaamualeykum,

My suggestion is, If you have no technical background and you are very new to his field and you are keen to learn coding, start with PHP, Javascript. you will easily learn it and this knowledge will make you self dependent, you can make website and do freelancing without any big investment, with this knowledge you can even make hybrid mobile app which works on Android and IOS at the same time and Building App are in very good demand. After you are use to it, you can go with Python and other languages.

Wa aleykumsalaam

try this site ... if you are a beginner with no prior coding experience - step by step - and enough hand holding for you to make good progress w/o getting frustrated ... you'll begin to understand html / css ... and then move on to javascript. Python is also a great way to go ... but if you wanna monetize relatively quickly ... javascript / html / css is the way to go . 

https://www.freecodecamp.org/