Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Picture of Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W.S)

Rate this topic

aaljibar

• Advanced Member

I saw this picture depicting our prophet (S.A.W.S) and it intrigued me.

[Image removed.]

http://www.biography.co.in/mohammed-the-prophet-biography.html

[Mod Note: The image above was reported as objectionable. Since the same image is available at the link, it was removed from this post.]

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note

• Advanced Member

As far as I know we should never depict pictures of the holy Prophet(S) as it does not do him justice, I ask for the mods to please hide the picture.

I also do not understand why people depict the holy Imams(as).

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Why? 

Is there a narration from the Ahlul Bayt (as) that commands us or encourages us not to look at fictitious depictions of the Prophet (saw)? 

I cannot remember any hadith that mentions that but I dont know many hadiths to begin with. Something new could still be not allowed even if there is not a hadith explicitly mentioning it.

Either way I would like the picture to be removed until a conclusion can be made @Qa'im

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, kingkhanwc said:

Are you guys allowed to show depictions of the Prophet saww ? 

Salam ,It is not allowed Generally , showing any picture if it consider as real picture from Ahlulbayt  (as) is not allowed btw drawings that even   considers as imaginary works are highly recommended to not uses by all Shia marjas.

• Veteran Member
13 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Either way I would like the picture to be removed until a conclusion can be made

13 hours ago, kingkhanwc said:

All attempted depictions are false attributions anyway and should be removed

I find it strange to hold such strong opinions, when there doesn't seem to be a teaching from the Ahlyl Bayt (as) supporting it. 

Don't think of the picture as that of the prophet or even better, if it really bothers you, don't look at it. 

Why try to force your opinion on others and forbid and prevent others from looking at something that is not forbidden to look at? 

I will change my view, if you find any authentic tradtion or narration from the Ahlul Bayt (as) that would support your position. 

@Hameedeh

Edited by SoRoUsH

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

I find it strange to hold such strong opinions, when there doesn't seem to be a teaching from the Ahlyl Bayt (as) supporting it. 

Don't think of the picture as that of the prophet or even better, if it really bothers you, don't look at it. 

Why try to force your opinion on others and forbid and prevent others from looking at something that is not forbidden to look at? 

I will change my view, if you find any authentic tradtion or narration from the Ahlul Bayt (as) that would support your position. 

I am not a Shia so me quoting something from their traditions is like me quoting the holy Bible, but we do have our own traditions regarding image making being forbidden especially animate alive beings.Even then in principle it's false attributions to say that this photo is a depiction of the Prophet saww is false information, it's best to avoid the same practises that some (not all) Christians do when they portray Jesus as in statues/paintings. PS even your Shiite bretheren find it uncomfortable above.

Edited by kingkhanwc

• Forum Administrators

The image was already removed from the OP. Since the image is available through the link provided, anyone can view the image if they are curious. Those who don't want to see the image need not look at it.  

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, kingkhanwc said:

PS even your Shiite bretheren find it uncomfortable above

Yes. I see. But why? It seems to have no religious basis. 

If I draw a picture of a man people would have no problem looking at it. But if I just claim that it's the Prophet, suddenly people will start to feel uncomfortable looking at the same picture? Why? 

What if I draw a stick man and claim it's the Prophet. Will the people feel uncomfortable about that, too? 

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

Yes. I see. But why? It seems to have no religious basis. 

If I draw a picture of a man people would have no problem looking at it. But if I just claim that it's the Prophet, suddenly people will start to feel uncomfortable looking at the same picture? Why? 

What if I draw a stick man and claim it's the Prophet. Will the people feel uncomfortable about that, too? 

I told you it is in my traditions not to draw aminate alive beings plus yes drawing a stickman and calming its him saww is disrespectful

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, kingkhanwc said:

I told you it is in my traditions not to draw aminate alive beings plus yes drawing a stickman and calming its him saww is disrespectful

But currently Wahhabi channels are using actors in place of our Imams (as) like as Imam Ali(as) and Imam Hasan (as) & Imam Hussain (as) & Imam Sadiq(as) in their serials to humiliate their family status & rise status of their figures in last week one of Farsi speaking Wahhabi channels brings somebody as an religious expert & that person claimed that Abu Talib (as) father of Imam Ali(as) & uncle of prophet (pbu) was an infidel .:angry:but they don’t tolerate any criticism of their figures from shia side although source of all humiliation of prophet (pbu) is the Wahabists sources that anti Islam groups everytime refer to that sources.

شکایت از شایان مصلح یا مولوی مرادزهی برای توهین به کل اسلام؟

Complaining from Shaytan musleh or Mulavi Muradzrhi for insulting to whole of Islam?

Edited by Ashvazdanghe