is this normal in america

I'm currently visiting on holiday and there was this child maybe 3-4 of age who was with his mother, she was calling someone on her phone, the kid was playing and started crossing the street which was very dangerous, so I immediately without thinking quickly ran and picked up the kid to return to his mother, she glances over to me and notices that I'm carrying her kid while walking towards her, she goes nuts and starts screaming 'put my baby down', she calls the police and starts crying in front of them, after explaining (repeatedly) what happened the woman leaves while cursing, the police officer says that what I did was right but I should never help a white child, it will cause too much trouble.

This honestly never happened to me before, usually they say thank you or say sorry for bothering you, I'm scared of helping children now.

No, definitely not normal, and if it happens again you should protect the child again.

Though it is becoming increasing and disturbingly common worldwide for parents to pay more attention to their phones than to their children.

35 minutes ago, Share said:

I'm currently visiting on holiday and there was this child maybe 3-4 of age who was with his mother, she was calling someone on her phone, the kid was playing and started crossing the street which was very dangerous, so I immediately without thinking quickly ran and picked up the kid to return to his mother, she glances over to me and notices that I'm carrying her kid while walking towards her, she goes nuts and starts screaming 'put my baby down', she calls the police and starts crying in front of them, after explaining (repeatedly) what happened the woman leaves while cursing, the police officer says that what I did was right but I should never help a white child, it will cause too much trouble.

This honestly never happened to me before, usually they say thank you or say sorry for bothering you, I'm scared of helping children now.

If i were not a follower . lover of the path of Ahl albayt AS I would have said any white should never be helped  in any circumstances.

Edited by skyweb1987

43 minutes ago, Share said:

No, this isn't normal, what's even more strange is the fact that a cop told you told "never help a white child". Normally a cop would say in this situation: "You did the right thing but please careful with handling or picking up children." Bringing up race into the situation does nothing and only serves to widen the growing divide  in this country.  What part of America was this, where are you?

27 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

If i were not a follower . lover of the path of Ahl albayt AS I would have said any white should never be helped  in any circumstances.

I would hope you would help my blonde haired blue eyed Muslim children if they were in danger regardless of your beliefs! Some things are innate in human beings, and they have to be consciously suppressed if one would violate them!

@Share are you sure it was a police officer who said that?  Not just another bystander?  That's very strange and probably in violation of his job contract.  That police officer should be reported for racism.  

Honestly, I'm skeptical.  This sounds way too strange to even be real. 

59 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

People have to stop thinking that 'white' people are one single evil entity. 

Like any other race, each person is different. 

By the way, according to some reports the mothers of one or more imams may have been white. On that same note, most of their killers certainly weren't white. 

Wallahu a'lam 

1 hour ago, skyweb1987 said:

You would have been Ok in watching a person die in front of you rather than save them if you able if they are white? Is it different for white Muslim? What about white non Muslim?

14 hours ago, Share said:

she glances over to me and notices that I'm carrying her kid while walking towards her, she goes nuts and starts screaming 'put my baby down', she calls the police and starts crying in front of them, after explaining (repeatedly) what happened the woman leaves while cursing

The Mother is an idiot. Fortunately, this instance you were there to save her child. Next time (and believe me it will happen) someone may not be there to save her child. Eventually, something terrible is going to happen to the child because of the Mother's stupidity. 

the police officer says that what I did was right but I should never help a white child, it will cause too much trouble.

What race was the Police Officer? 

Honestly, what you are describing is so outside of the norm in America. This was just an example of an idiot mother. An idiot for not watching her child properly, an idiot for reacting the way she did and an idiot for walking away cursing. She's not reflective of Americans (or any other race on the planet) by any stretch of the imagination.

Where in the U.S. were you when this happened? 

2 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

The people have misunderstood my words. I have not said i would not help any white, my words begin with " If i were not a follower"

But i am a follower of the Ahl albayt of the prophet saaw who had taken care of the old woman who used to through daily a dust bin full of garbage on him and the prophet saaw helped her in her illness and she was converted to Islam.

Please do not misquote or misunderstand my words.

@Mahdavist @Rashida

Edited by skyweb1987

5 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

The people have misunderstood my words. I have not said i would not help any white, my words begin with " If i were not a follower"

But i am a follower of the Ahl albayt of the prophet saaw who had taken care of the old woman who used to through daily a dust bin full of garbage and the prophet saaw helped her in her illness and she was converted to islam.

Please do not misquote or misunderstand my words any more.

@Mahdavist @Rashida

I am still confused. Is your example analogy of white people?  or example of yourself?

You did not answer my questions.  You avoided.

Edited by Rashida

8 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

Yet, you wrote it, therefore you must have had these thoughts before. Whether you would or not in an imaginary scenario, does not take away how offensive the statement is. A muhibb of  Ahlulbayt (as) would never entertain such thoughts, much less write them. 

the police officer says that what I did was right but I should never help a white child, it will cause too much trouble.

warning: this is a stereotype and not a racist comment.

It might have been more about the parent than the child.

Even though it was the mother's fault, a brown or black parent would have spanked the kid first and thanked you next.

2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Yet, you wrote it, therefore you must have had these thoughts before. Whether you would or not in an imaginary scenario, does not take away how offensive the statement is. A muhibb of  Ahlulbayt (as) would never entertain such thoughts, much less write them. 

Thanks for your words of advice.

However, I have clarified my words in this thread by the post with the request that these words may please not be misquoted or misunderstood.

wasalam

3 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

warning: this is a stereotype and not a racist comment.

It might have been more about the parent than the child.

Even though it was the mother's fault, a brown or black parent would have spanked the kid first and thanked you next.

Stereotypes are unnecessary, you should see the white people in the South. Some still belt, spank or use switches, probably would thank you too, although I look down on such methods.

23 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Stereotypes are unnecessary, you should see the white people in the South. Some still belt, spank or use switches, probably would thank you too, although I look down on such methods.

I am not saying right or wrong. That is what the cop could be thinking.

12 hours ago, Share said:

sorry I shouldn't of created this thread, if it's possible please delete it.

Sorry, but Mods rarely delete a thread, especially one which has detailed replies by several members.

Ref to OP:

What l would do was get near the 3-4 year-old and say, Hey, Hey, you need to back to your mother. Being a stranger, the child will probably run back.

Yelling FOR the mother can also work.

About 40 years ago, l was window shopping looking for something to get my older sister, when l felt a grab on my pants leg. This little girl, about 2, was lost and was looking at me for help. So when the next woman walked by l got her attention and asked her to go in and have the store call security. She asked why l didn't take her in and l answered "because l am not crazy: and that someone would try to "make a big deal" [=make trouble for me] out of it. The woman looked at me and then when in. The girl at the counter came out and took the little girl by the hand. l said thank you to the older lady and she answered "l think you were right". About 5 minutes later her mommy showed and never said thank you to anyone.

@Share

I have never been to United States,infact never lived in the west so I can't comment on the 'never help a white person' thing but here are some general rules that I follow when it comes to other people's kids:

1. Never touch someone's child without the parent's permission. With family and friends you don't have to explicitly ask for permission everytime but you will get the general idea who allows it and who isn't so comfortable. With strangers for eg someone sitting with a baby or child next to you in a bus or subway always ask if you can interact with the child. 

2. Never give anything to eat to someone's kid.

3. Don't take/share pictures of someone's kids without their parents permission.

2&3 I follow even with children of family and friends.

In this situation, what I would have done is

Step 1: verbally told the child to go back and at the same time alerted the mother(in a loud and clear voice) that her child was going in an unsafe area. You should have waited to see if the mother came to take the child back to the sidewalk. If she didn't or the child was in immediate danger then

Step 2: Hold the child by hand to take him back to the mother instead of carrying him.