Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
S.M.H.A.

The Martyrdom of Qasim bin al-Hasan (as)

Rate this topic

The Martyrdom of Qasim bin al-Hasan (as)

Humaid bin Muslim says: “A young lad came out against us, his face was like the first splinter of the new moon and he carried a sword. He was wearing a shirt and a waistcloth (izar), and a pair of sandals, one of whose straps was broken, and I will not forget that it was the [strap of the] left [foot].

‘Amru bin Sa‘d bin Nufail al-Azdi8 said to me: ‘By Allah, I am going to attack him.’

I said to him: ‘Glory be to Allah! What do you want to do that for? These people whom you see surrounding him are enough [to kill him]!’

[‘Amru] insisted: ‘By Allah, I will attack him.’ So he rushed against him and did not turn back until he had struck his head with his sword. The lad fell face downwards and called out: ‘O uncle!’

[At this,] al-Husayn (as) showed himself just like the hawk shows itself. He launched into attack like a raging lion and struck ‘Amru with [his] sword. ‘Amru tried to fend off the blow with his arm but his arm was cut off from the elbow. The cavalry [of the enemy] made a move [in order to save him] but they [only] trampled him to death.

[As] the cloud of dust settled, al-Husayn (as) was seen standing by the head of the young lad. He was rubbing his heels on the ground while al-Husayn (as) was saying: ‘Away with the people who have killed you, a people against whom your grandfather will complain on the Day of Judgement on your behalf. By Allah, it is hard on your uncle that you called him but he could not answer you, or he answered but could not help you. By Allah, it was a cry whose avengers were many, but whose helpers [at the moment] are few!’9

Then he carried him [in his arms]. It is just as if I am looking at the two legs of the body making marks [as they trail] on the ground, while al-Husayn (as) had put the chest [of the lad] on his chest. He took him and put him with his son ‘Ali bin al-Husayn around whom were [other] bodies of those slain from among his household.”

[Humaid continues with his report and says:] “I asked about the boy and was told that he was al-Qasim bin al-Hasan bin ‘Ali bin Abi Talib (as).”10

https://www.al-islam.org/event-taff-earliest-historical-account-tragedy-karbala-abu-mikhnaf/martyrdom-family-members-al#martyrdom-qasim-bin-al-hasan

The story of Qasim (a.s) has been misinterpreted by many scholors.  His marriage to Kubra bintul Hussain etc have been falsely added. 

This has lead to several to several rituals in India and Pakistan which are not even part of Islamic culture like Mehendi

And some of Nohas and Salams written for it are much worse

Edited by Hassu93

3 hours ago, Hassu93 said:

The story of Qasim (a.s) has been misinterpreted by many scholors.  His marriage to Kubra bintul Hussain etc have been falsely added. 

This has lead to several to several rituals in India and Pakistan which are not even part of Islamic culture like Mehendi

You can start a new thread, to discuss differences in inndia/pakistan/iran/iraq/yamani/afghani  issues. Understand this is not Obligatory hajj, or Prayer or Fiqhi issues, also people with Fiqhi training and mentality might not be able to understand things beyond their domain. i.e Natural Wish of a Mother for her young child and things like that, if any ritual which promotes and the outcome is positive within a community and increases the remembrance  and helps  incorporates an event which help in conveying/attachment to  the role model for this age is a positive thing. 

After reflecting on the Martyrdom of Qasim bin al-Hasan (as) If you have anything constructive to say,  any lessons you learned from the sacrifice of the young prince you are welcome to add. 

Accordingly, when Qasim, after much insistence, received the permission to leave for the battlefield, being very young,

there was no armour that was fit for his years,

nor a helmet nor shoes, nor arms.

It is written that he wore a turban ('ammamah) and this description is given of his appearance:

He appeared like a piece of the moon.11

This boy was so handsome that when the enemies saw him they described him as a piece of the moon:

'Where does the wind carry this petal of red rose?' said whoever that saw you on your fleeting mount.

The narrator says: “I saw that the strap of one of his sandals was untied, and I do not forget that it was his left foot” This shows that he was not wearing boots. They write that the Imam stood near the tents as he held his horse's reins. Evidently he was alert and ready. At once he heard a cry. It was Qasim: “Ya 'ammah!” (O Uncle!).

They write that the Imam flew on the horse like a hunting falcon.

As he arrived by the side of this youth, about two hundred men had surrounded this child.

They fled as the Imam attacked, and one of the enemy's men who had dismounted to sever Qasim's head was himself trampled under the hoofs of the horses of his fleeing comrades.

The one who is said to have been trampled to death under the hoofs of the horses was one of the enemy's men, not Hadrat Qasim. In any case, when the Imam arrived at Qasims side, there was so much dust and confusion that nobody could see what was happening; when the dust settled down, they saw the Imam sitting at Qasim's side with his head in his arms. They heard the Imam utter this sentence:

My nephew! By God, it is very hard on your uncle that you should call him and he should not be able to respond, or that he should respond without being able to do anything for you!12

It was at this moment that a cry came from this youth and his spirit departed towards its Creator.

O God, may our ultimate end be one that is of felicity. Make us aware of the realities of Islam! Remove from us our ignorance and nescience with Your grace and munificence. Give all of us the ability to act with sincere intentions. Fulfill our legitimate needs and forgive all our dead and pardon them.

https://www.al-islam.org/al-tawhid/vol13-no3/ashura-misrepresentations-distortions-part-1-mutahhari/first-sermon-ashura

Ayatullah Murtadha Mutahhari

On 9/16/2018 at 2:51 AM, Hassu93 said:

Brother - this happens in Iraq too.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:21 PM, Hassu93 said:

Mehendi of Janabe Qasim (a.s.) is carried out in Najaf as well, where there are some of the top Jurists in the world. And guess what, none to my knowledge has criticized it. For sure, they are much more knowledgeable than likes of Ghulam Mohammed Mehdi Khan. 

12 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Mehendi of Janabe Qasim (a.s.) is carried out in Najaf as well, where there are some of the top Jurists in the world. And guess what, none to my knowledge has criticized it. For sure, they are much more knowledgeable than likes of Ghulam Mohammed Mehdi Khan. 

The problem here is the way it is held. 

Nohas,Salams about marriage of Qasim and Kubra bintul Hussain are sickening to hear. 

3 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Amd why is it so? 

I have heard one women reciting a marsiya at my home in which Hazarth Kubra says she'll break her chudi, clean the floor with her hair etc on janaza of hazrath Qasim .... A lot of Hindu traditions like Sindoor etc were mentioned I forgot that since it was a year ago

I genuinely find these things sickening.

There are many such similar cases I have come across..

Plus I am myself not a big fan of Gulam Mohammed Mehdi Khan and his lectures. There are many people around him who genuinely feel he tells a lot of things out of Gazbat ( don't know what you call that English) and gets caught. 

Edited by Hassu93

41 minutes ago, Hassu93 said:

Hazarth Kubra says she'll break her chudi, clean the floor with her hair etc on janaza of hazrath Qasim .... A lot of Hindu traditions like Sindoor etc were mentioned I forgot that since it was a year ago

See, if you find something dubious you should have immediately confirmed from that person about it's reference. Hazrat Qasim's (a.s.) marriage on Ashura is controversial and you would find narrations supporting both cases. However, our top mar'ajae from Najaf hasn't prohibited any Mehendi Practices. So, those who are carrying out Mehendi, let them do they aren't doing any sin and if you're not comfortable then stay away.