Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Fatima (as) returning from trying to claim Fadak

Rate this topic

aaaaaa

• Advanced Member

Salam, 

This is a heartbreaking hadith that I've read and heard but need a reference. When Fatima (as) was returning home after delivering the speech for Fadak, she was attacked. She couldn't walk so she had her arms around the women she came with and that's why her abaya was dragging on the ground because she was being dragged on her knees. Imam Hasan had seen her being attacked. 

Where can i find the reference? 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, aaaaaa said:

Salam, 

This is a heartbreaking hadith that I've read and heard but need a reference. When Fatima (as) was returning home after delivering the speech for Fadak, she was attacked. She couldn't walk so she had her arms around the women she came with and that's why her abaya was dragging on the ground because she was being dragged on her knees. Imam Hasan had seen her being attacked. 

Where can i find the reference? 

salam 

I haven't heard about that hadith before, are you referring to when Umar came to Fatima(as)'s house and attacked her? 

This is what I found:

In Sharh Nahj al Balagha volume 4 pg 108:

“When Sayyida Fatima discovered that Abu Bakr intended on confiscating Fadak, she wrapped a cloth around her head, gathered some women from her tribe and went to Abu Bakr. At that time the Muhajireen and Ansar were summoned, a purdah was made between Fatima and the Sahaba. The daughter of the Prophet sad in a distressed manner, that led to the Sahaba crying. After a short pause she praised Allah, sent Salaam on her father the Prophet and said:

“All things on the earth and sky seeks a Waseela to Allah, the Waseela for the people to reach Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى are us, and Allah’s select people amongst creations are us”

And then she introduced herself:

“I am Fatima the daughter of Rasul and said ‘That which was bestowed to me has been taken, O Abu Bakr, if you are the inheritor of your father, and I am not my father’s inheritor you adopted a wrong means’. Then she said to the Muhajireen and Ansar requesting help, ‘O Bani Queela the inheritance of my father has been annexed from me, before your very eyes. You are listening to my words why are you lax with regards to helping me? Why do you not support my right?’”

Also:

Sunni historians reported that: When Umar came to the door of the house of Fatimah, he said: "By Allah, I shall burn down (the house) over you unless you come out and give the oath of allegiance (to Abu Bakr)."

Sunni References:

- History of Tabari (Arabic), v1, pp 1118-1120
- History of Ibn Athir, v2, p325
- al-Isti’ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v3, p975
- Tarikh al-Kulafa, by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, p20
- al-Imamah wal-Siyasah, by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, pp 19-20

Umar Ibn al-Khattab came to the house of ‘Ali. Talha and Zubair and some of the immigrants were also in the house. Umar cried out:

"By God, either you come out to render the oath of allegiance, or I will set the house on fire.”al-Zubair came out with his sword drawn. As he stumbled (upon something), the sword fell from his hand so they jumped over him and seized him."

Sunni Reference: History of Tabari, English version, v9, pp 186-187

Umar said to Fatimah (who was behind the door of her house): "I know that the Prophet of God did not love any one more than you, but this will not stop me to carry out my decision. If these people stay in your house, I will burn the door in front of you."

Sunni reference: Kanz al-Ummal, v3, p140

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/attacking-house-fatimah 

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/fadak/fatima-response-toconfiscation.html

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

salam 

I haven't heard about that hadith before, are you referring to when Umar came to Fatima(as)'s house and attacked her? 

This is what I found:

In Sharh Nahj al Balagha volume 4 pg 108:

“When Sayyida Fatima discovered that Abu Bakr intended on confiscating Fadak, she wrapped a cloth around her head, gathered some women from her tribe and went to Abu Bakr. At that time the Muhajireen and Ansar were summoned, a purdah was made between Fatima and the Sahaba. The daughter of the Prophet sad in a distressed manner, that led to the Sahaba crying. After a short pause she praised Allah, sent Salaam on her father the Prophet and said:

“All things on the earth and sky seeks a Waseela to Allah, the Waseela for the people to reach Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى are us, and Allah’s select people amongst creations are us”

And then she introduced herself:

“I am Fatima the daughter of Rasul and said ‘That which was bestowed to me has been taken, O Abu Bakr, if you are the inheritor of your father, and I am not my father’s inheritor you adopted a wrong means’. Then she said to the Muhajireen and Ansar requesting help, ‘O Bani Queela the inheritance of my father has been annexed from me, before your very eyes. You are listening to my words why are you lax with regards to helping me? Why do you not support my right?’”

Also:

Sunni historians reported that: When Umar came to the door of the house of Fatimah, he said: "By Allah, I shall burn down (the house) over you unless you come out and give the oath of allegiance (to Abu Bakr)."

Sunni References:

- History of Tabari (Arabic), v1, pp 1118-1120
- History of Ibn Athir, v2, p325
- al-Isti’ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v3, p975
- Tarikh al-Kulafa, by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, p20
- al-Imamah wal-Siyasah, by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, pp 19-20

Umar Ibn al-Khattab came to the house of ‘Ali. Talha and Zubair and some of the immigrants were also in the house. Umar cried out:

"By God, either you come out to render the oath of allegiance, or I will set the house on fire.”al-Zubair came out with his sword drawn. As he stumbled (upon something), the sword fell from his hand so they jumped over him and seized him."

Sunni Reference: History of Tabari, English version, v9, pp 186-187

Umar said to Fatimah (who was behind the door of her house): "I know that the Prophet of God did not love any one more than you, but this will not stop me to carry out my decision. If these people stay in your house, I will burn the door in front of you."

Sunni reference: Kanz al-Ummal, v3, p140

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/attacking-house-fatimah 

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/fadak/fatima-response-toconfiscation.html

No, that’s not it. thank you though :)