Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
S.M.H.A.

The Martyrdom of Muslim bin ‘Awsajah

Rate this topic

The Martyrdom of Muslim bin ‘Awsajah

The Martyrdom of Muslim bin ‘Awsajah15

‘Abd al-Rahman al-Bajali and Muslim bin ‘Abdillah al-Dabbabi [were the ones from the companions of ‘Amru bin al-Hajjaj who killed Ibn ‘Awsajah]. The companions of ‘Amru shouted: “We have killed Muslim bin ‘Awsajah al-Asadi! [Hearing this,] ‘Amru bin al-Hajjaj and his companions withdrew, leaving a cloud of dust. [When the dust settled] al-Husayn’s companions found Muslim stretched out dying.

Al-Husayn (as) walked towards him and he was on the point of death. He said: “May your Lord have mercy on you, O Muslim bin ‘Awsajah. ‘Of them are some who have fulfilled their pledge, and of them are some who still wait, and they have not changed in the least.’”16

Habib bin MuZahir went closer to him and said: “O Muslim, your death is hard for me to bear. Receive the good news of Heaven.”

“May Allah bring you good news too”, replied Muslim in a weak voice.

Habib said to him: “Had it not been that I would follow you at this very moment, I would like you to make your will to me regarding what concerns you, so that I may have carried it out as was deserving to you by virtue of [our] kinship and religion.”

[Muslim] said as he pointed towards al-Husayn with his hand: “I enjoin you [not to leave] this man, may Allah bless you, and to die for him.”

[Habib] said: “By the Lord of Ka’bah, I will [do so].”

It was not long before he died in their hands. [May Allah have mercy on him]. [At this,] a slave girl of his screamed: “O Ibn ‘Awsajah! O my master!”17

https://www.al-islam.org/event-taff-earliest-historical-account-tragedy-karbala-abu-mikhnaf/beginning-battle#martyrdom-muslim-bin-awsajah