2Timeless

Men paying for lunch/dinner dates?

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

@2Timeless Btw my money is her money and whatever she has mine. So it really doesn't matter to me. I usually do not carry cash so sometime she pays where they only accept cash. 

That's great, whatever works best for you both! I just feel bad for men tbh they put alot of pressure on themselves financially. 

Men should pay the mortgage, car payments and utility bills so that women can pay for child care and any help they need to  hire to do the house work. Also, since men like to invite guests so much, women can pay for catering with their salary. Women also need to pay for clothes/ beauty treatments women need to look presentable in front of female friends MEN want them to have. Friendship with women also requires a lot of gift exchanges. I am happy without friends, it's the men in my life who are always suggesting friends for me. They should pay the price for those friendships. 

Edited by rkazmi33

4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

^^^^^Truthfully, l Iiked that notation.  :grin:

Of course u did Sugar Bear, cuz  that is the truth. @2Timeless you be setting yourself up for failure with this mentality. Plz correct it now when you   still have the chance. Men love to INVEST  in you. Offering to pay will take away the pleasure of GIVING from them.  You should learn how to  RECEIVE.

7 minutes ago, Miss Wonderful said:

Of course u did Sugar Bear, cuz  that is the truth. @2Timeless you be setting yourself up for failure with this mentality. Plz correct it now when you   still have the chance. Men love to INVEST  in you. Offering to pay will take away the pleasure of GIVING from them.  You should learn how to  RECEIVE.

Lol. I didn't say I don't want to receive. I just said I wouldn't want a man spending on me 24/7. 

Also, I feel like I'm in a classroom being taught a lesson. :hahaha:

Edited by 2Timeless

@2Timeless, look if it was for Prophet Muhammad Pbuh +hf, Imam Ali (as),Imam Hasan (As) Imam Hussein( As) etc  I'd  give everything for them.  These holy figures would appreciate. But regular men are nothing like them. And you have to allow them to Pay for you 24/7 , 365  days a year. Even if it's your husband's birthday, get out some popsicle sticks and make him a craft with that. Or get some construction paper and write I love you on it with a heart.  He will appreciate it.

3 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

There should be this casual attitude, when it comes to money related matters. 

I tried that it really works.

I never managed to work out how much money we'd need for last year's ziarat trip.

So we were the ones running around Heathrow airport trying to get money out of different cards from ATMs. Anyway, we did not manage to get enough, so we phoned my brother-in-law in Pakistan who was about to join us to bring more with him.

(Don't worry I paid him back).

20 minutes ago, kingkhanwc said:

@hasanhh Yeah that’s a win win situation if she has a job and pays. #feminismgang ; ) 

OR, in a nefarious kind of way :egg:https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-dine-dash-apos-dater-095558964.html 

Should this be a "Dash" or a "Daesh" ?

My husband often pays, and would usually pay while on dates before we got married, but sometimes I pay as well.

If we are couples/double-dating, he will always pay, even if I offer.

Based on some responses here, I suspect it's more a matter of appearance to the public than conviction in many cases. 

A question for the males: if you are out with your wife and she pays, do you feel self conscious and worry about what strangers will think? 

6 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Men have to pay. It is a sign of a gentleman. Just like opening the door and letting girls go first.

How is it being a gentleman to let a girl go first as opposed to going in first and keeping hold of the door open?

Or for example holding the door open and letting a male go first?

31 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Islamically speaking - providing for the family (which includes food) is the responsibility of the man, correct me if I am wrong.

Yes it is his responsibility. Some of us are saying he shouldn't be offended if his wife offers to pay for some outing or meal as a gift to him.  There is no prohibition on the wife offering her resources for the household, no obligation but no restriction either