Waseem162

What if your teacher wears horrible indecent dresses? (Female Teacher)

Rate this topic

Salamun Alykum.

I am in a terrible situation where one of our teachers at University wore a terrible dress today.

And if she can wear this one time, she'll definitely will wear it again.

I am forced to look at her during the class because she writes on board and remains there.

Will this be counted as a sin??

Do you wear glasses? Go for a prescription level that is ok to read with but not so good for distance. Could be a problem though, if you have to look at a whiteboard etc. That's the approach I've used when, on occasion, I have had to work with women who consider clothing to be optional in an English summer.

7 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Do you wear glasses? Go for a prescription level that is ok to read with but not so good for distance. Could be a problem though, if you have to look at a whiteboard etc. That's the approach I've used when, on occasion, I have had to work with women who consider clothing to be optional in an English summer.

I don't wear glasses :(

You have to control yourself. You are not an animal. Lower your gaze or just focus on the board. 

22 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

You have to control yourself. You are not an animal. Lower your gaze or just focus on the board. 

I know am not an animal. But even when I focus on the board, she is visible. Cuz she stands exactly near it. 

And I have to face her for next 4 months!! :(

Pray for me brothers and sisters.

Gosh this dumb world. Now even education is also not immume from Pathetic Western culture. Curse be upon the ones who follow it.

2 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

I know am not an animal. But even when I focus on the board, she is visible. Cuz she stands exactly near it. 

Gosh this dumb world. Now even education is also not immume from Pathetic Western culture. Curse be upon the ones who follow it.

Even if she didnt stand near it, it is quite hard to completely lower your gaze and not look at her. Just focus on her face when you do need to talk to her or ask a question. This applies to any man wherever he is. This shouldn't be any different because men aren't supposed to look at a woman's body unless she's his wife. 

3 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

This is one of those moments when I'm very happy I was born a female. I don't think females can imagine how hard this is for men. 

May Allah SWT help you overcome this InshaAllah! 

Salam,

I can imagine that it must be very difficult for any guy out there, so I totally understand where you're coming from. It's not that we want to look, but sometimes people just aren't considerate of others. This is the main reason why Islam encourages women to dress in a modest way. I wouldn't say that all non-Muslims appreciate teachers who dress that way, because it's just makes things uncomfortable and plain awkward. There is a golden rule "the more cleavage you show, the less creadible you are". Teachers who wish that their students respect them need to dress modestly, even if they choose not to wear the Hijab.

My personal advice for you is that you need to sit right at the back, so you have some space to breathe. The further you are, the easier it is to not focus on certain exposed parts. Also try to focus on something else while she is talking, like the board right next to her face, and trust me she's not gonna notice.

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

I can imagine that it must be very difficult for any guy out there, so I totally understand where you're coming from. It's not that we want to look, but sometimes people just aren't considerate of others. This is the main reason why Islam encourages women to dress in a modest way. I wouldn't say that all non-Muslims appreciate teachers who dress that way, because it's just makes things uncomfortable and plain awkward. There is a golden rule "the more cleavage you show, the less creadible you are". Teachers who wish that their students respect them need to dress modestly, even if they choose not to wear the Hijab.

My personal advice for you is that you need to sit right at the back, so you have some space to breathe. The further you are, the easier it is to not focus on certain exposed parts. Also try to focus on something else while she is talking, like the board right next to her face, and trust me she's not gonna notice.

I don't fully agree with this line of thinking. If a woman covers up it is for the sake of Allah swt and not out of sympathy or consideration for men who cant lower their gazes.

The role of the man (and woman for that matter) is to avert their gaze and have self discipline regardless of what the person in front of them is wearing. 

Wallahu a'lam 

15 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

I am forced to look at her during the class because she writes on board and remains there

I think you must talk to her an explain your problem for her ,if she refused to wear with better dress code you can do the way as @ali_fatheroforphans explained.

24 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

I don't fully agree with this line of thinking. If a woman covers up it is for the sake of Allah swt and not out of sympathy or consideration for men who cant lower their gazes.

The role of the man (and woman for that matter) is to avert their gaze and have self discipline regardless of what the person in front of them is wearing. 

Wallahu a'lam 

Yeah regardless self-discipline is a must in every situation, I'm not denying this. We should always strive to have this quality which will never disappoint us.

But, your solution isn't very practical for a teenage boy whose sexual drive is at its peak (btw I'm not talking about the OP). Islam is a practical religion and aims to create a balance in society. It doesn't want men to go through all the difficulty of having to control their urges every time they go out in public. I think this is the main reason why we're not allowed to go to certain places such as swimming pool, gym etc. Where women might be dressed inappropriately. Even if you think about an office environment, it is absurd for a woman to rock up with her cleavage showing, I can guarantee that almost half the guys won't be able to focus on what's important. All I'm saying is that girls should understand the biology of men, and be slightly considerate. 

Yeah hijab should be done for the sake of Allah, but understanding the philosophy behind it is not that difficult in my opinion.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

4 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I think you must talk to her an explain your problem for her ,if she refused to wear with better dress code you can do the way as @ali_fatheroforphans explained.

I don't believe this works in the West unfortunately. She will believe he is a chauvinistic p*g who views her as a sexobject.

4 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

Tried this today. Was at the last bench. Kept myself busy with odd stuffs. Kept my hand infront of me so that I could see the board and block her view from my eyes! Worked perfectly fine. Relaxed :D 

5 hours ago, Qa'im said:

Marry your teacher so that you’ll be able to look at her

A family friend from way back is super religious. So is his wife as are their children.

Anyway, she was his teacher at school.