Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Muharram 1440/2018 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

Photos: Ashura mourning procession in Toronto, Canada

http://en.abna24.com/news/america/photos-ashura-mourning-procession-in-toronto-canada_912269.html

October 10, 2018 - 5:37 PM News Code : 912269 Source : ABNA24Link: 

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): Ashura mourning procession held in Toronto, Canada. (its more near to Iranian style of procession than any place in world althought it attacked by Iranian communists & Anti regime Iranian groups too  

گزارش تصویری/ دسته عزاداری روز عاشورای حسینی در تورنتو

Ashura in Toronto, Canada October 1, 2017!عاشوراى حسينى در تورنتو و حضور مخالفين  (warning contains inappreciate action & Insults by communist & Monarch supporters)

صف نذری محرم در کشور کانادا

Nazri Queque in Canada

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salaam,   There are no Shia mosques around me in my community and my family is not aware of me wanting to be Shia so how should I approach my first Muharram? What can I do from home?

Here is a whole set of lectures that I really found interesting. This lecturer in particular is very good in my opinion.  It's only copying that one video but if you just type Sayyed Saleh Q

A year or two ago I posted a pic of a stadium where my daughter's school held their sports day. The same place where I'd been to athletics meets and cross country races, when I had been at school.

Posted Images

Ashura March, Procession, Toronto 2017 صحنه های با شکوه از راهپیمایی عزاداران حسینی در روز عاشورا

Arbaeen programs planned in Geneva

http://en.abna24.com/news/europe/arbaeen-programs-planned-in-geneva_912769.html

October 14, 2018 - 7:34 PM News Code : 912769 Source : IQNALink: 
Arbaeen programs planned in Geneva

The Ahl-el-Beit (AS) Islamic and Cultural Center in Geneva, Switzerland, plans to host a series of programs on the occasion Arbaeen. 

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): The Ahl-el-Beit (AS) Islamic and Cultural Center in Geneva, Switzerland, plans to host a series of programs on the occasion Arbaeen. 

According to the center, the programs will be held at the center on October 26-28. 

They will be held in Arabic, Farsi and Urdu. 

Hojat-ol-Islam Syed Abbas Ayleya will deliver speeches at the events. 

There will also be a workshop on family relations. 

Arbaeen comes 40 days after Ashura, the martyrdom anniversary of the third Shia Imam, Imam Hussein (AS). 

Each year, a huge crowd of Shias flock to Karbala, where the holy shrine of Imam Hussein (AS) is located, to perform mourning rites. 

In the past few years, around 20 million pilgrims from all over the world took part in the mourning ceremonies in the Iraqi holy city marking Arbaeen. 

Arbaeen falls on Tuesday, October 30, this year. 

http://en.abna24.com/special-issue/arbaeen/5704/archive.html

• Forum Administrators
6 hours ago, haideriam said:

I think this pin is related to the spiritual Muharram which lasts till Arbaeen(the 40th after Ashura) i.e. the 20th of Safar. 

Salam. Yes. Many members and guests continue the Muharram mourning period until after Arbaeen (Safar 20), and some extend it past the rehlat/shahadat days of the Holy Prophet SA and Imam Hassan AS (Safar 28) while others keep mourning until after the shahadat of the 11th Imam AS (Rabi al-Awwal 8).

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam. Yes. Many members and guests continue the Muharram mourning period until after Arbaeen (Safar 20), and some extend it past the rehlat/shahadat days of the Holy Prophet SA and Imam Hassan AS (Safar 28) while others keep mourning until after the shahadat of the 11th Imam AS (Rabi al-Awwal 8).

Salam. And also it has been said that the AhlulBayt(as) changed their attire on the 9th Rabi al Awwal from the mourning attire to the normal, hence the continuation till the 8th.

Muharram has been well laid out by the AhlulBayt(as) so that their lovers can clean the spiritual heart within and holds great significance and hence Arbaeen holds so much rewards.  

Group of Bahraini religious figures to remain in detention over Ashura commemorations

http://en.abna24.com/news/bahrain/group-of-bahraini-religious-figures-to-remain-in-detention-over-ashura-commemorations_913410.html

October 19, 2018 - 12:43 PM News Code : 913410 Source : Lualua TVLink: 
Group of Bahraini religious figures to remain in detention over Ashura commemorations

A group of Bahraini Shiite religious figures, who were detained as part of Manama’s Ashura crackdown last month, are set to remain in police custody for at least another 15 days. 

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): A group of Bahraini Shiite religious figures, who were detained as part of Manama’s Ashura crackdown last month, are set to remain in police custody for at least another 15 days. 

The kingdom’s public prosecutor announced on Thursday that Sheikh Mohammed Al-Reish, Sheikh Hani al-Banna, Sheikh Yassin al-Jamri and Sheikh Majid al-Sahlawi, are still being investigated and would have their detention extended. 

The group is among dozens of Bahrainis arrested over their participation in annual Ashura commemorations – a 10-day mourning period during the Islamic lunar month of Muharram that honors the martyrdom of Imam Hussein (AS). 

The allegations against the men range from “inciting hatred against the regime” to harming “social harmony”. 

• Veteran Member
On 10/17/2018 at 2:49 AM, Laayla said:

@Hameedeh

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum dear Sister

Insh'Allah you are well and in good health.

Sister Muharram is over with.  We are in the holy month of Safar now.  Please start Safar month and pin it.

God bless you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Salaam sister,

The flag on Imam Hussain's (as) dome is changed from red to black on Muh 1 and stays black until Rabi-ul-Awal 1 so we are in mourning until then.

Photos: Imam Hussain (AS) mourning procession in Bottrop, Germany

http://en.abna24.com/news/europe/photos-imam-hussain-as-mourning-procession-in-bottrop-germany_913582.html

October 20, 2018 - 6:19 PM News Code : 913582 Source : ABNA24Link: 

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): Imam Hussain (AS) mourning procession held in Bottrop, Germany.

گزارش تصویری/ دسته عزاداری حسینی جوانان و کودکان طاها در شهر \

• 2 weeks later...

Did the shia kill Imam Hussain | Full documentary 

https://youtu.be/HBYB4R1h2rQ

https://youtu.be/pO5bRNoZAEQ

Hamed Zamani for Arbaeen