Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Muharram 1440/2018 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salaam,   There are no Shia mosques around me in my community and my family is not aware of me wanting to be Shia so how should I approach my first Muharram? What can I do from home?

Here is a whole set of lectures that I really found interesting. This lecturer in particular is very good in my opinion.  It's only copying that one video but if you just type Sayyed Saleh Q

A year or two ago I posted a pic of a stadium where my daughter's school held their sports day. The same place where I'd been to athletics meets and cross country races, when I had been at school.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

Ws, 

I'm sorry to hear that, but you can definitely watch some lectures online. Some mosques/organisations livestream their lectures on YouTube. There are also other lectures from previous years on YouTube already which you can watch all year round. I guess that's pretty much all you can do if you don't have any mosques nearby to you. If you'd like me to send some links to English lectures I've liked, let me know :).

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Maha_13 said:

Salaam,

There are no Shia mosques around me in my community and my family is not aware of me wanting to be Shia so how should I approach my first Muharram? What can I do from home?

Wallahi how fortunate we are :( But we don't give thanks to Allah.

You need a mosque and you don't have one. We have plenty and we don't go there (talking on behalf of the general masses) here in India.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

Ws, 

I'm sorry to hear that, but you can definitely watch some lectures online. Some mosques/organisations livestream their lectures on YouTube. There are also other lectures from previous years on YouTube already which you can watch all year round. I guess that's pretty much all you can do if you don't have any mosques nearby to you. If you'd like me to send some links to English lectures I've liked, let me know :).

Yes please!!

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, dragonxx said:

It's really frustrating, I've been in a similar situation for a few years a while back - what worked for me is looking for live-streams but sometimes this didn't workout, so I would end up finding a video lecture given the day before and immerse myself in it. I'd pretend during those 1-2 hours I'd have something super important so none of my friends would disturb me. At the time I was living alone so I didn't really have to worry about family, so I hope inshallah you don't have too much trouble in that regard, hopefully you can pretend you have something super important to do so nobody walks into your room or something.

Would you be able to send live stream and lecture links?

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Aquib Rizvi said:

Wa aleykumsalaam,

You can watch all the Live Majalis and event happening around the globe by Installing my app ShiaLive on you android device. click on this link to install - https://goo.gl/wuvLZ1

Inshaallah you will get to see many Live Majalis and other events from Live Channels sections and Live Event sections in my App. Let me know if you are facing any difficulties in installation or in usage, Ill be glad to assist you.

I have an Apple phone not an android. Is there anything similar for Apple?

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Maha_13 said:

Would you be able to send live stream and lecture links?

depends on who you pref to see, and what language,

i usually google around the time of muharram to see who will be giving live lectures in my region (to match up with the timings).

you can also generally google muharram livestream at the time you'd like and hopefully something will come up, although it is often in arabic (not sure if you speak arabic).

Sayed Ammar Nakshawani usually gives lectures yearly and they're really good imo, perhaps you can check up on him if you pref english-speakers.

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
19 hours ago, Maha_13 said:

if you search on you tube you will find many live Majalis ,already Imam Ali(as) shrine  , Imam hussain (as) shrine broadcast live streams on YouTube every day .

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, Maha_13 said:

I will be launching website where anyone can watch all this services from a browser and Inshallah you can access that website from your Iphone. I do have a plan to make this app for Iphone, but not anytime soon. Meanwhile you can use a similar website which do provide Majalis from around the world http://liveazadari.com

Imam Ali(as) holy shrine live broadcast

Imam Reza (as) shrine

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGDsj48Ja8N0658I2OJb3oQ

Live Karbala TV

https://youtu.be/dqAaL9Iju-Q

• Veteran Member

*Reflection for the start of Muharram*

Is there a more powerful annual conference in the world than the ten days of Muharram? But I wonder how it will be used.

I wonder how many youth will spend it arguing and abusing people over its rituals whilst missing its objective of reformation?

I wonder how many pulpits will make people cry over oppression but never once mention the oppressions in Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Yemen, Pakistan, Nigeria and Burma?

I wonder how many men will cry over the attacks on the Ladies Zainab, Umm Kulthum and Sakina (sa) but then return home to oppress and attack their wives and children

I wonder how many will cry over the hunger and thirst of Abdullah ar-Radhi Ali Asghar but then buy products that foster starvation and thirst in this world today 

I wonder how many will laude Imam al-Hussain (a) as the master and source of free men, while sitting silently as 100 million people remain in slavery

I wonder how many will reduce Imam al-Hussain (a) to sectarianism, division and sloganeering while claiming him to be the grandest champion of humanity 

I wonder how many will curse the dagger of Shimr while saying nothing about the US, Britain, Israel and Saudi exporting weapons and massacre to every corner of the planet 

I wonder how many will come to the Mosque as a Hussain but leave as a Yazid from backbiting and ridiculing others, and how many will come to the Majlis as Yazid but return home as Hussain, pure and motivated by the Truth 

More than anything, I wonder these things about myself.
- By Sheikh Jaffer Ladak

• Advanced Member

Ziyarat Nahiya

Narrated by Imam al-Mahdi (may Allah hasten his reappearance) describing in detail what happened on the day of Ashura at the plains of Karbala'

Personally this is the most powerful piece by our a'immah (as) relating to the day of Ashura', it's really sad and you won't be able to hold back your tears

Asalamu 'alayka ya Aba Abdillah al-Husayn

• Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, Mohd Meesam said:

I am just moved here in Bangalore and my current location is Doddanekundi, Bangalore.

Try this:

https://www.facebook.com/shiabangalore/

• Advanced Member
On 9/6/2018 at 11:52 AM, Maha_13 said:

Salaam,

There are no Shia mosques around me in my community and my family is not aware of me wanting to be Shia so how should I approach my first Muharram? What can I do from home?

For English and Arabic

http://ahlulbayt.tv/live/

For Urdu

http://ahlebaittv.net/watch-live/

Both are UK based... 

• Forum Administrators
6 hours ago, Maha_13 said:

Please value what you have and ensure to be thankful for the community you have 

Inshallah matters will change.

In the early 1980s I remember as a kid visiting my aunt who was a researcher at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in north London. It was a place with no Muslims for miles. They had a morbid anatomy display which was pretty terrifying, but that is another story.

Anyway, she had a dream once about majalis being held there and some years afterwards the Khojas founded the Stanmore Imambara next door.

@Maha_13 Allah is aware of your intention, that you really want to go. I believe that you will still be rewarded by Allah for wanting to go to the majlis.

I have some ungrateful siblings and my dad who make a frowning face when I ask them to come to the majlis.

Unfortunately I just take my mum with me, and my little sister comes along ocasionally.

People like you are begging to go to  majlis, and here us ungrateful Muslims would rather stay at home.

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

@Maha_13 Allah is aware of your intention, that you really want to go. I believe that you will still be rewarded by Allah for wanting to go to the majlis.

I have some ungrateful siblings and my dad who make a frowning face when I ask them to come to the majlis.

Unfortunately I just take my mum with me, and my little sister comes along ocasionally.

People like you are begging to go to  majlis, and here us ungrateful Muslims would rather stay at home.

Inshallah. Hopefully your siblings will be more grateful with age 

• Veteran Member

We often hear discussions about nature vs. nurture. After giving details about the qualities one can inherit (nature) and the traits that are learned (nurture), the lecturer gave the greatest example possible of the best of nature & nurture. It completely blew me away for I dont know if anyone has ever thought of this:

Nature:
Peace be upon you, O inheritor of Adam, the chosen one of Allah 
Peace be upon you, O inheritor of Nuh, the Prophet of Allah
Peace be upon you, O inheritor of Ibrahim, the friend of Allah 
Peace be upon you. O inheritor of Musa, the one who talked to Allah
Peace be upon you, O inheritor of 'Isa, the spirit of Allah
Peace be upon you, O inheritor of Muhammad, the beloved friend of Allah
Peace be upon you, O inheritor of Ali, the commander of the faithful and the friend of Allah

Nurture (people who raised him):
Peace be upon you, O son of the Muhammad Mustafaa
Peace be upon you, O son of Ali Murtazaa
Peace be upon you, O son of Fatema, 
Peace be upon you, O son of Khadijatul- kubra 
Peace be upon you, O he who fought in the way of Allah and the son of one who fought in the way of Allah 

Result (product of perfect nature and nurture):
I bear witness that verily you established the prayers And gave the zakat (prescribed share) to the needy 
And commanded to do what is right and lawful And not to do that which is wrong and unlawful 
And obeyed Allah and His Messenger until the inevitable came unto you 

Nature:
O My Master, O Aba ′Abdullah! 
I bear witness that verily you were a light in the sublime loins and purified wombs 
The impurities of ignorance did not even touch you
Nor could its soiled and dirty bearing ever smear you

Result:
I bear witness that, verily, you are the mainstay of the religion, and the supporter of the faithful ones 
I bear witness that, verily, you are a pious, God-fearing, favorite, wise And rightly guided (Imam) 
I bear witness that the Imams, in your progeny, are the words of piety 
And the signs of guidance And the safe handle of Islam, And the decisive argument for the humankind. 

The colored text is from Ziarat-e-Waritha of course. 

I found this amazing.

• Advanced Member

Imam al-Mahdi (ajtfs) has said, “I pray for any believer who remembers the sufferings of my martyred grandfather, al-Husain (as), and then prays for my relief (reappearance) (al-Faraj)” 

Source - Mikyal al-Makarim fi Fawa’idi D’uaa lil Qa’im, by Sayyid Muhammad Taqi Musawi al-Isfahani, vol. 2, p.75.

This is what Hurr said:

"By Allah. I am, at present, finding myself in the position of opting for either Heaven or Hell. By Allah! I will opt for nothing but Paradise; even if I were cut into pieces and then burnt."

Subhanallah so deep :(

https://www.al-islam.org/lohoof-sighs-sorrow-sayyid-ibn-tawus/battle-and-its-related-events

Muharram mourning ceremonies begin in Kenya

http://en.abna24.com/news/africa/muharram-mourning-ceremonies-begin-in-kenya_909454.html

September 16, 2018 - 7:27 PM News Code : 909454 Source : IQNALink: 
Muharram mourning ceremonies begin in Kenya

Shia Muslims in Kenya began holding rituals to mourn the martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (AS). 

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): Shia Muslims in Kenya began holding rituals to mourn the martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (AS). 

The Board of Trustees of Kenyan Jafari Shias’ Islamic Education Center has invited Ghanaian cleric Sheikh Abdul Jalil Nawui for the rituals. 

The Husseiniya of the center in Nairobi hosts the programs during the first twelve days of the lunar Hijri month of Muharram. 

There are also similar programs held in mosques and Shia religious centers in cities like Mombasa, Lamu, and Nakuru. 

Muharram is the first month on the lunar Hijri calendar (September 11-October 10 this year). 

Every year in Muharram, Shia Muslims around the world hold ceremonies to mourn the martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (AS) and his faithful companions in the 680AD Battle of Karbala. 

7,000 Pakistani policemen performing security duty during Muharram

September 16, 2018 - 7:35 PM News Code : 909455 Source : Urdu PointLink: 
7,000 Pakistani policemen performing security duty during Muharram

Around 7,000 policemen, besides personnel of army and Rangers, will be deployed in the Rawalpindi district to ensure security during the Muharram. 

http://en.abna24.com/news/central-asia-subcontinent/7000-pakistani-policemen-performing-security-duty-during-muharram_909455.html

India’s Prime Minister attends Muharram mourning rituals

http://en.abna24.com/news/central-asia-subcontinent/india’s-prime-minister-attends-muharram-mourning-rituals_909453.html

September 16, 2018 - 7:23 PM News Code : 909453 Source : IQNALink: 
India’s Prime Minister attends Muharram mourning rituals

India’s Prime Minister attended a ceremony held to mourn the martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (AS). 

image.png

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Al Khalifa forces intensifie Ashura crackdown

http://en.abna24.com/news/bahrain/al-khalifa-forces-intensifie-ashura-crackdown_909432.html

September 16, 2018 - 6:02 PM News Code : 909432 Source : Lualua TVLink: 
Al Khalifa forces intensifie Ashura crackdown

Bahraini authorities are stepping up their clampdown on annual Ashura commemorations, targeting all displays associated with the occasion as well as those observing it. 

Bahraini prisoners prevented from observing Ashura commemorations

http://en.abna24.com/news/bahrain/bahraini-prisoners-prevented-from-observing-ashura-commemorations_909447.html

September 16, 2018 - 6:41 PM News Code : 909447 Source : Lualua TVLink: 
Bahraini prisoners prevented from observing Ashura commemorations

Bahraini prisoners of conscience Hajar Mansoor Hassan, Medina Ali and Najah Ahmed Yousif are reportedly being denied the right to observe Ashura commemorations. 

Statement of Ahlulbayt World Assembly on advent of Muharram 1440 A.H.

http://en.abna24.com/news/a-h-b-world-assembly/statement-of-ahlulbayt-world-assembly-on-advent-of-muharram-1440-a-h_908993.html

http://en.abna24.com/news/central-asia-subcontinent/photos-muharram-mourning-ceremony-in-sri-lanka_909451.html

http://en.abna24.com/news/pictures/photos-muharram-mourning-ceremony-held-at-ayatollah-safis-office_909111.html

September 12, 2018 - 5:27 PM News Code : 908993 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Statement of Ahlulbayt World Assembly on advent of Muharram 1440 A.H.

Ahlul Bayt World Assembly issued a statement on the advent of Muharram 1440 A.H., the Martyrdom Anniversary of Imam Hussein (peace be upon him).