Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Futuremedstudent

What do you study or have a degree in and what is your work?

On 9/11/2018 at 8:03 AM, Mzwakhe said:

:book:

CPP

:hahaha:

On 9/4/2018 at 11:35 PM, Futuremedstudent said:

Interested to know what your interests are in academia/ line of work!

Personally I study science as a Futuremedstudent :verryhappy:

I studied Political Science as an undergrad and then went to Law School.

On 9/6/2018 at 7:51 PM, notme said:

I studied civil engineering

My son wants to study Engineering.

"Scientists study the world as it is; Engineers create the world that has never been."

BA in Humanities. Mickey Mouse degree really, but it educates you on people, cultures, history etc. I worked as a medical secretary in psychiatry, as a health care support worker on a psychiatric ward and as an auxiliary nurse on a respiratory and complex care dementia ward before ending work due to poor mental health and to help with my children at home. 

Edited by aaaz1618
Add

I’m an English Major with plans on becoming an Elementary School teacher. I might go into a Psych program to become a therapist in the future. 

But for right now, I can’t wait to become a teacher! 

I have a bachelor degree in Biochemistry and I have mostly worked as Lab technician/ Scientist. The working environment is great in most companies. There was also job security until few years ago, because lab technician positions required  degree, but now companies are hiring people with high school degrees. I am seriously thinking about changing my career after working for 12 years. I guess I should have been promoted and become a manager by now, but I don't have leadership skills and not great communication skills. I would recommend getting medical lab technician certification or some health related field, because for those positions, companies cannot hire people who don't have degrees. 

I don't know what is my "passion". I loved doing math when I was studying, so I guess I should have gone in some math related field, but at that time I wanted to become a doctor, so I chose Biochemistry. Standards have gone up in recent years. If you are in Science, you have to show that you are passionate about Science and talk Science like the people in that show Big Bang Theory. If you cannot do that, people assume you are not interested in Science. 

Edited by rkazmi33

Guest theObserver

double degree in Software engineering and Physics, was interested in Game Engine design which am not interested in anymore

currently not working in either industry have other goals in life