44 minutes ago, Faruk said:

Salam brother',

I consider both, Shia' and Sunni's to be Muslims, regardless of their creedal diffirences.

Even if so that still does not take away the fact that the Islamic Republic of Iran is considered to be the number 1# enemy of the current imperialist-zionist world order.

Wassalaam brother,

I agree both Sunni and Shia are Muslim. Though when I said "mix the two" I was specifically talking about one's political and spiritual struggle.

And so from your initial message, it seemed to me that you were saying Iran is righteous as they're standing up to the Zionist entity.

All I'm saying is that there are two struggles, a political and a spiritual. Iran being righteous on the political stage doesn't make their spiritual and religious policies righteous. Both have to be viewed independently.

Fi Amanillah

1 hour ago, Jaane Rabb said:

Wassalaam brother,

I agree both Sunni and Shia are Muslim. Though when I said "mix the two" I was specifically talking about one's political and spiritual struggle.

And so from your initial message, it seemed to me that you were saying Iran is righteous as they're standing up to the Zionist entity.

All I'm saying is that there are two struggles, a political and a spiritual. Iran being righteous on the political stage doesn't make their spiritual and religious policies righteous. Both have to be viewed independently.

Fi Amanillah

Salam brother,

The active stance of the Islamic Republic of Iran is derived from Wilayatul Fiqh.

I do not want to generalise but secularism CAN lead to a passive and introvert attitude. This ofcourse is no law when we witness the active stance of Syria, Lebanon and Venezuela for example. At the other hand it can lead to siding with opressors and/or their (ceremonial) Muslim-allies. 

Edited by Faruk

On 3/2/2019 at 3:26 PM, Faruk said:

Salam brother,

The active stance of the Islamic Republic of Iran is derived from Wilayatul Fiqh.

I do not want to generalise but secularism CAN lead to a passive and introvert attitude. This ofcourse is no law when we witness the active stance of Syria, Lebanon and Venezuela for example. At the other hand it can lead to siding with opressors and/or their (ceremonial) Muslim-allies. 

Wassalaam,

That's why I think WF is a core issue which divides the two Shi'I religious behemoths [Iran and Iraq].

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by your last para. I think Iran can be accused of siding with some weird nations as well, the likes of North Korea [because of their shared hatred of the US] and China [who've essentially banned Islam]. I couldn't see Muhammad (S) treating such entities as allies. Alas, It's all down geopolitics, power and self-preservation.

Iran's current leader, Khamenai, although selected/favoured by Khomeini, wasn't actually qualified for the Supreme leader position he's in. So they had to amend the constitution for him to take the role. It sounds a lot like the accusations Shias throw at others "who weren't qualified for the role".

Right now, Sistani is the most followed maraja and rightfully so in my opinion. A wikileak few years back spoke of Sistani being Iran's greatest political roadblock for Iranian operations in Iraq, because of his different approach to politics and disavowment of Iran's view of a theocratic government [WF]. Will be interesting to see how things pan out when Sistani reaches the end of his lifeline.

Fi Amanillah