Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
shiasoldier786

Hijabi Muslim becomes first Miss England Finalist

Rate this topic

A 20-year-old law student is set to become the first beauty queen to walk down the Miss England catwalk in a hijab.

Sara Iftekhar, from Huddersfield hopes to take the Miss England crown at Kelham Hall, in Nottinghamshire next week.

The Muslim student, who often shares pictures of herself wearing Pakistani fashion to her thousands of followers on Instagram, said she 'can't even comprehend' how 'amazing it is' to have reached the competition's finals.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6123405/Muslim-law-student-20-set-person-wear-hijab-Miss-England-finals.html#article-6123405

Uhm. I wouldn't consider that as hijab. 

She should be ashamed of herself contributing to the normalization of fasad amongst hijabis. 

It's sad that we have reached a point where "hijabis" are being interviewed by playboy and now going on beauty pageants with everything but hijab on. Actually it would probably have been more honourable of them to take the hijab off and stop polluting it with that filth.

6 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

She should be ashamed of herself contributing to the normalization of fasad amongst hijabis. 

It's sad that we have reached a point where "hijabis" are being interviewed by playboy and now going on beauty pageants with everything but hijab on. Actually it would probably have been more honourable of them to take the hijab off and stop polluting it with that filth.

I don't care xD.

She's setting an example that one can wear a headscarf and not feel insecure or out of place.

Plus this kind of exposure contributes to normalization of Muslim presence.

You're all men, and have no say in what a woman can't or shouldn't be doing llololol. 

Unless you're a woman y'all opinions don't really mean much . 

13 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

I don't care xD.

She's setting an example that one can wear a headscarf and not feel insecure or out of place.

Plus this kind of exposure contributes to normalization of Muslim presence.

You're all men, and have no say in what a woman can't or shouldn't be doing llololol. 

Unless you're a woman y'all opinions don't really mean much . 

No.

She can set an example without promoting fasad amongst hijabis. 

The only person who should see her beauty is her husband. Period.

And I am a hijabi myself. I don't wear any makeup when I go out and I still feel very beautiful. 

She is actually contributing to making hijabis less confident with the sick ideals of modern society. 

51 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

No.

She can set an example without promoting fasad amongst hijabis. 

The only person who should see her beauty is her husband. Period.

And I am a hijabi myself. I don't wear any makeup when I go out and I still feel very beautiful. 

She is actually contributing to making hijabis less confident with the sick ideals of modern society. 

What is fasad? How do you know it's wrong ?

What is beauty ?

Edited by wmehar2

45 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

What is fasad? How do you know it's wrong ?

What is beauty ?

Seems like you need to update your understanding of the Islamic definition of hijab and of fasad. I suggest you talk to a shia sheikh regarding what this woman and her likes are doing and come tell us what he said. 

29 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Seems like you need to update your understanding of the Islamic definition of hijab and of fasad. I suggest you talk to a shia sheikh regarding what this woman and her likes are doing and come tell us what he said. 

Look...i've asked shia sheikhs and received varying answers I'm asking you personally because I can't discern which of them or what you follow. 

It actually may be surprising to you that there's no one unified answer on this subject.

From within even the sunni world I have differing answers. 

Some of which these schools and differing opinions from in both sects tell me it's okay.

Islamic definition is incredibly subjective because clearly all of us have different opinions.

1 hour ago, wmehar2 said:

What is beauty ?

A perfect lead-in.

Did you see the picture in the link?

With a make-up job like that  this belongs under @alidu78 's "Horror Movies".

:shock:"The Horror . . . the Horror"

It's perfectly possible to just ignore it. 

It's great that the people who judge these "beauty contests" can see beauty in a clothed woman, but the contests are still shallow, materialistic, and, quite frankly, stupid, in my opinion. I see no benefit to it.

I also see no benefit to WWE or most video games, but to each his own. If you don't like it, just live your life as if it doesn't even exist. 

1 hour ago, wmehar2 said:

Look...i've asked shia sheikhs and received varying answers I'm asking you personally because I can't discern which of them or what you follow. 

It actually may be surprising to you that there's no one unified answer on this subject.

From within even the sunni world I have differing answers. 

Some of which these schools and differing opinions from in both sects tell me it's okay.

Islamic definition is incredibly subjective because clearly all of us have different opinions.

I'm not a marja3 so my personal opinion has zero value islamically. I follow Sayyid Sistani (may Allah SWT increase his lifespan InshaAllah)!

Contact Sayyid Sistanis office and ask. Sayyid Sistani is the marja3 that has the most followers in the shia world. 

I'm sure you'll be surprised as to what the most knowledgeable marja3 says.

4 hours ago, Carlzone said:

People are so ignorant, they don't see how the Islamic values are getting plundered using hijab as a tool now to push a Muslimah in such lust shows.

1 hour ago, notme said:

...can see beauty in a clothed woman, but the contests are still shallow, materialistic, and, quite frankly, stupid, in my opinion.

:ko: ---> :dwarf:"Which is it ?  'Can see beauty' or 'quite frankly stupid' "

:coffee:"Another reason to repeal the 19th Amendment."

7 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

:ko: ---> :dwarf:"Which is it ?  'Can see beauty' or 'quite frankly stupid' "

:coffee:"Another reason to repeal the 19th Amendment."

:rolleyes:.

Sorry was I using too big words?

It's cool that the judges are able to see (their version of) beauty in a more modestly dressed contestant.

But i really don't care because I think beauty contests are useless. 

I'm not sure how to simplify it further.