Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hijabi Muslim becomes first Miss England Finalist

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

A 20-year-old law student is set to become the first beauty queen to walk down the Miss England catwalk in a hijab.

Sara Iftekhar, from Huddersfield hopes to take the Miss England crown at Kelham Hall, in Nottinghamshire next week.

The Muslim student, who often shares pictures of herself wearing Pakistani fashion to her thousands of followers on Instagram, said she 'can't even comprehend' how 'amazing it is' to have reached the competition's finals.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6123405/Muslim-law-student-20-set-person-wear-hijab-Miss-England-finals.html#article-6123405

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't care xD. She's setting an example that one can wear a headscarf and not feel insecure or out of place. Plus this kind of exposure contributes to normalization of Muslim presence.

No. She can set an example without promoting fasad amongst hijabis.  The only person who should see her beauty is her husband. Period. And I am a hijabi myself. I don't wear any makeup

A perfect lead-in. Did you see the picture in the link? With a make-up job like that  this belongs under @alidu78 's "Horror Movies". "The Horror . . . the Horror"

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Uhm. I wouldn't consider that as hijab. 

She should be ashamed of herself contributing to the normalization of fasad amongst hijabis. 

It's sad that we have reached a point where "hijabis" are being interviewed by playboy and now going on beauty pageants with everything but hijab on. Actually it would probably have been more honourable of them to take the hijab off and stop polluting it with that filth.

I don't care xD.

She's setting an example that one can wear a headscarf and not feel insecure or out of place.

Plus this kind of exposure contributes to normalization of Muslim presence.

You're all men, and have no say in what a woman can't or shouldn't be doing llololol. 

Unless you're a woman y'all opinions don't really mean much . 

• Advanced Member
51 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

No.

She can set an example without promoting fasad amongst hijabis. 

The only person who should see her beauty is her husband. Period.

And I am a hijabi myself. I don't wear any makeup when I go out and I still feel very beautiful. 

She is actually contributing to making hijabis less confident with the sick ideals of modern society. 

What is fasad? How do you know it's wrong ?

What is beauty ?

Edited by wmehar2
  • Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

What is fasad? How do you know it's wrong ?

What is beauty ?

Seems like you need to update your understanding of the Islamic definition of hijab and of fasad. I suggest you talk to a shia sheikh regarding what this woman and her likes are doing and come tell us what he said. 

• Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Seems like you need to update your understanding of the Islamic definition of hijab and of fasad. I suggest you talk to a shia sheikh regarding what this woman and her likes are doing and come tell us what he said. 

Look...i've asked shia sheikhs and received varying answers I'm asking you personally because I can't discern which of them or what you follow. 

It actually may be surprising to you that there's no one unified answer on this subject.

From within even the sunni world I have differing answers. 

Some of which these schools and differing opinions from in both sects tell me it's okay.

Islamic definition is incredibly subjective because clearly all of us have different opinions.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, wmehar2 said:

What is beauty ?

A perfect lead-in.

Did you see the picture in the link?

With a make-up job like that  this belongs under @alidu78 's "Horror Movies".

:shock:"The Horror . . . the Horror"

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, wmehar2 said:

Look...i've asked shia sheikhs and received varying answers I'm asking you personally because I can't discern which of them or what you follow. 

It actually may be surprising to you that there's no one unified answer on this subject.

From within even the sunni world I have differing answers. 

Some of which these schools and differing opinions from in both sects tell me it's okay.

Islamic definition is incredibly subjective because clearly all of us have different opinions.

I'm not a marja3 so my personal opinion has zero value islamically. I follow Sayyid Sistani (may Allah SWT increase his lifespan InshaAllah)!

Contact Sayyid Sistanis office and ask. Sayyid Sistani is the marja3 that has the most followers in the shia world. 

I'm sure you'll be surprised as to what the most knowledgeable marja3 says.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, notme said:

...can see beauty in a clothed woman, but the contests are still shallow, materialistic, and, quite frankly, stupid, in my opinion.

:ko: ---> :dwarf:"Which is it ?  'Can see beauty' or 'quite frankly stupid' "

:coffee:"Another reason to repeal the 19th Amendment."

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

:ko: ---> :dwarf:"Which is it ?  'Can see beauty' or 'quite frankly stupid' "

:coffee:"Another reason to repeal the 19th Amendment."

:rolleyes:.

Sorry was I using too big words?

It's cool that the judges are able to see (their version of) beauty in a more modestly dressed contestant.

But i really don't care because I think beauty contests are useless. 

I'm not sure how to simplify it further. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, notme said:

:rolleyes:.

Sorry was I using too big words?

It's cool that the judges are able to see (their version of) beauty in a more modestly dressed contestant.

I'm not sure how to simplify it further. 

As l posted, lt reads like you are contradicting yourself.

Since l was a teenager l have had no use for pageants.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Uhm. I wouldn't consider that as hijab. 

She should be ashamed of herself contributing to the normalization of fasad amongst hijabis. 

It's sad that we have reached a point where "hijabis" are being interviewed by playboy and now going on beauty pageants with everything but hijab on. Actually it would probably have been more honourable of them to take the hijab off and stop polluting it with that filth.

I think that all of this is engineered to demystify hijab values.

Simple shame on her.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Zulfiqar1472 said:

I think that all of this is engineered to demystify hijab values.

Simple shame on her.

Exactly. And "hijabis" are now voluntarily contributing to the derail of modesty and chastity among Muslim women by setting devious examples. May Allah SWT guide them (and all of us) InshaAllah!

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Zulfiqar1472 said:

The beauty contest are for men essentially to appease men wild of low values.

This actually objectifying women. 

Once again, exactly! There is nothing honourable in these contests. 

The only beauty competing she should do is in making herself beautiful according to her husband's wishes behind closed doors.

She is actually violating his rights by walking around creating shahwa in other men. That is unchaste and immodest. 

Any man who has gheera would never approve of his wife walking around like that. He should be protecting her from her own ignorance like a hawk. Men who don't have gheera are not real men. 

11 hours ago, Carlzone said:

No.

She can set an example without promoting fasad amongst hijabis. 

The only person who should see her beauty is her husband. Period.

And I am a hijabi myself. I don't wear any makeup when I go out and I still feel very beautiful. 

She is actually contributing to making hijabis less confident with the sick ideals of modern society. 

According to sistani a girl can put very light make up but obviously the girl in the article has a caked face....and coming from a guy she looks chat with make up I could imagine how worse she would look without it. Not every girl looks good with make up some look good without and look horrible with it.

7 hours ago, notme said:

It’s like seeing a bunch of stunningly beautiful cars and not knowing which one to chose from, except there are ugly girls in beauty contest were as beautiful cars will always nicer then some women. 

Edited by Anonymous2144
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, alidu78 said:

That remembers reminds me of these "things" I recently saw in youtube. 

Another example of when cosmetics do not do a lot of good, in fact, they detract.

Free Grammar and Vocabulary Corrections  included in quote. Afwan.

• Veteran Member

Why hasn't any of you recited, yet?

The obvious 33:33 ---OMG that is such a difficult numerical reference to remember (satirical remark -Hasan)

Then there is Sura 24, Ayats 31 and 60.

Please note the Triliteral Root is ba daw waw  which translates in different usages as "display", "make apparent" , disclose, reveal and 'Bedouin life (style)'.

Now, for any of you that 'object', l refer to the active participle use of ba-daw-waw in Ayat 11:27, badiya, which means immature in opinion.

Edited by hasanhh
punctuation
  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Zulfiqar1472 said:

The beauty contest are for men essentially to appease men wild of low values.

This actually objectifying women. 

It didn't cross my threshold such that it constitutes objectification though clearly it crossed many here I see.  In terms of most beauty contests I would agree.

I could understand if there was a swimsuit model segment in the contest and this person in "hijab" obliged participation in a very clearly revealing swimwear,  but I do not see that as a case yet.  There are swimsuit competitions for what she's competing in and waiting to see how she does it, I think that would say alot about her character.  Unlike the opinions here I'm seeing quick to disapprove.

In These competitions, it is common to also interview pubically each participant and ask them an array of questions, such as  goals, what they care about, trending geosociological ideals, etc.

In addition she's studying law.

Have you all tried to look into the background profiles of other contestants ?

You may disagree but Muslim presence in media and facets like this are positive and can be a good thing, should the contestants be upstanding people.  

Not mention she's raising money for suffering children doing this.

Edited by wmehar2

I don’t care that she’s participating in a beauty pageant, but SHE is considered a beauty queen? There are hijabi women with way more prettier faces than her that I see on the daily. 

• Veteran Member

@wmehar2

Before Iftekhar (in arabic it means, proud, nothing to be proud about here, rather a disgrace) we had Rima Fakih LA in USA.  

Rima Fakih

Rima Fakih, the first Arab-American who made history by winning the Miss USA title in the year 2010 hung her head in shame after being ordered to stand trial on a drunken driving charge in the Detroit enclave of Highland Park two years after her win. However, this was not the first time Rima found herself in a scandal. She was almost at the risk of losing her title when a website featured a 2007 ‘Stripper 101’ online video of a pole dancing contest won by the former Miss Michigan. At that year’s Miss Universe pageant Fakih’s stripper pole pictures that revealed her dressed in bottom-grazing red shorts and a bra stuffed with dollar bills cost her a great deal. She was not only denied a spot in the top 15 but also blocked out of the competition held in Las Vegas.

Same pattern with Fakih, where she went to law school and the speal about charity work.  Like this is supposed to make it right now?  

Wmehar, would you put your wife, daughter, sister in a beauty pagent?  Do you want foreign men to gawk at your mahrams?  

Can you face Rasoul Allah and give him the arguments you did above?  

Why do you want to wait until she does the swimsuit competition?  Instead of advising her not to participate, you want to wait.  Bism Allah.  God help you with your line of reasoning.

I could care less about the other contestants  , they are not muslims, they don't have an agenda.

AM

• Veteran Member

^^^

During the pageant she claimed she was a Muslim but not practicing, obviously.

Later on she got married to the Christian DJ and became Christian.

I&M

Nothing good comes from these pageants.  There is no purpose for these types of contests.  It's only a form of entertainment for men and advertising purposes.  Anything to make money.  Sell your mother, wife, daughter, just to make haram money.

Edited by Laayla
grammer mistake/responding to I&M
21 minutes ago, Laayla said:

I could care less about the other contestants  , they are not muslims, they don't have an agenda.

Beauty pageants are now filled with agendas of political correctness and identity politics more often than not, non-Muslim or Muslim. For instance, Miss Finland? (I don’t remember the exact country) became a winner and she was not the most beautiful. She had a butch haircut and her body unfit to beauty pageant standards in comparison to the other contestants, who looked like they had been training their bodies months before preparation, which isn’t surprising since the fat acceptance movement is rampant and trying to insert “diversity” and their obesity in various forms in the media to shut people up. 

• Veteran Member

:salam:

Beyond the debate of 'is it a proper hijab or not', there are two even greater evils in this :

- Muslims trying to fit in fasad-ish standards and earning recognition or pride through them

- Entire corruption of society forged by elites in order to install chaos amongst people. Starts with  jewish deputy Simone Weil legalizing abortion, and next thing forty years later a transsexual wins Eurovision.

They spread poison through fashion.

You also notice that for every 'good' that they try to give, they pervert you back. Saadiq Khan gets elected, fine, you lads can be the bosses , but the flipside is that your sisters will also become like us.