Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What are your hobbies and interests?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam aleykom, 

I'm curious as to what you guys like doing on your spare time? Do you have any hobbies or interests? Please share! 

Personally my biggest interest is travelling. I'm the adventure seeking type. I like cool experiences. For instance, next time I go to Iceland I will take an excursion where I will be taken down inside an inactive volcano to walk around and behold it from the inside. I would also take an excursion to watch the aurora there. I love watching and being in beautiful nature. There's such peace and beauty in that. I'd like to bungy jump and jump out of an air plane and ride a balloonflight. I'd like to ride an elephant (have only read camels and horses) and experience the Amazon forest. A big interest is visiting holy places, both Islamic and those of other faiths like Christianity and Judaism. I'd like to see Masjid Al Aqsa. But unfortunately I found out that I might not be able to enter Iraq if go to Israel and they see that in my passport. 

Interior design is another big interest - I love making my home beautiful, harmonious and cosy. 

I like hanging out with family and friends and also watching comedies in the movies or comedy clubs. 

I like reading, swimming, Feldenkrais, and yoga. 

So what do you guys like? One gets a more accurate view of others when one knows their interests. So please share! :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am very interested about history and geographics. I could litteraly read during hours without interruption about history of practically every people and civilization. Also I am a student of geopolit

after you write a good chunk of the story, start thinking of the title. it'll have deeper meaning and more spark.

Story of my life. Lol   OP: My interests include writing, reading, photography, psychology, painting, poetry, body image in people with EDs and in teens, alternate orthodontics, yoga, weight

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

A big interest is visiting holy places, both Islamic and those of other faiths like Christianity and Judaism. I'd like to see Masjid Al Aqsa. But unfortunately I found out that I might not be able to enter Iraq if go to Israel and they see that in my passport.

I don't think israel stamp passports. They give you a separate document for immigration purposes.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Mahdavist said:

What if they stamp my passport just to be evil? :hahaha:

Even my European friends have had bad experiences in Israel and warned me from the troubles they faced trying to get in. Even Christians have warned me and told me of the hassles they faced there.

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
17 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Don't call yourself boring. You're still very young and just haven't found your inner lunatic yet :D :hahaha: *kidding* 

There’s nothing much to do when you’re a teenager except study:byecry:

20 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

True, yet you can get a part-time job or something. lt's healthy.

Lol actually I can’t,teenagers can’t work unless they’re older than 18 

Thats where I live

• Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

How could you write this?

l know l just wound up on another paranoid's hate list.

You just gave me yet another palm emoji! 

You should have used this one ----> :cry:

I don't hate you. I think you're original, like a funny grandpa :)

Edited by Carlzone
5 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Which continent do you live in, Natsu? In some places in Europe children above 15 years can take some type of jobs.

Asia,or to be precise THE MIDDLE EAST

• Advanced Member

Of course, my #1 interest is Quran & Ahlulbayt (a.s), I try to learn something new everyday in this regard, and hope Allah blesses me with the time & money to visit the shrines of our Imams (a.s).

I love sports, favourite is basketball, and play pretty much everything except 'activities' like ultimate frisbee (I refuse to acknowledge such things as "sports"). Weight room is boring as there is nothing competitive about it, but I force myself to go.

I used to love video games, but not so much anymore, and only pick something up if I know it'll be challenging and therefore fun. Hopefully one day they will make good video games again.

I like learning about different cultures and customs, and enjoy picking at people's brain with various questions that they're not used to.

The thing that nobody would ever guess about me in real life - I like to bake, particularly muffins and brownies, they're so good when I bake them...

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

Of course, my #1 interest is Quran & Ahlulbayt (a.s), I try to learn something new everyday in this regard, and hope Allah blesses me with the time & money to visit the shrines of our Imams (a.s).

I love sports, favourite is basketball, and play pretty much everything except 'activities' like ultimate frisbee (I refuse to acknowledge such things as "sports"). Weight room is boring as there is nothing competitive about it, but I force myself to go.

I used to love video games, but not so much anymore, and only pick something up if I know it'll be challenging and therefore fun. Hopefully one day they will make good video games again.

I like learning about different cultures and customs, and enjoy picking at people's brain with various questions that they're not used to.

The thing that nobody would ever guess about me in real life - I like to bake, particularly muffins and brownies, they're so good when I bake them...

InshaAllah you will get the opportunity to visit Ahlul bayt a.s. Have you ever visited any of them? 

I used to love video games too. Mostly Super Mario and Sonic which I recently learnt are satanistic - they want to teach children that collecting money is the most important thing in life... Also they are named partially after the Masons: Mario & Sonic. 

I used to like baking too :)

• Advanced Member

Reading (both fiction and non-fiction), drawing (photo realistic portraiture), coding (JAVA), gaming (not so much), walking, writing. 

I'm one of those tech savy dudes, you could argue that to be a hobby too. Religion is also a thing I spend a lot of time on, obviously. 

Edited by DarConall