Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What are your hobbies and interests?

Rate this topic

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am very interested about history and geographics. I could litteraly read during hours without interruption about history of practically every people and civilization. Also I am a student of geopolit

after you write a good chunk of the story, start thinking of the title. it'll have deeper meaning and more spark.

Story of my life. Lol   OP: My interests include writing, reading, photography, psychology, painting, poetry, body image in people with EDs and in teens, alternate orthodontics, yoga, weight

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

- Playing Soccer (indoor)

- Reading books (Islamic theology, ethics and also psychology)

- Recording videos of myself talk about random stuff

- Annoying my little sister 

- Going to pinics with community 

- Public speaking

• Veteran Member
On 9/4/2018 at 2:46 PM, Carlzone said:

I did some roadtripping there and in Andalucia I visited the biggest mosque in Europe "Mezquita cathedral de Cordoba". It's a mosque and church at the same time! Super cool interfaith place! I highly recommend it. 

Love it hahah, didn't know you've been there. It's a beautiful place yet sadly they don't allow us to pray in there. Some tourists even got in jail for trying to do so. I really hope the Church reconsiders allowing people to pray the islamic way, as many associations have been asking for a long time to make it an interfaith temple.

• Advanced Member

I visited some Armenian christian chapels in north-west Iran earlier this year and the guy who drove me told me that he is both Muslim and Christian. Does Islam allow this?  He blessed himself and said some prayers with his hands together in the usual christian way. He seemed to have reconciled any incompatibilities to his own satisfaction anyway. His biggest concern was the lack of nightclubs, whiskey and dancing which he knew were all readily available across the various nearby borders. 

• Veteran Member
7 minutes ago, Klanky said:

I visited some Armenian christian chapels in north-west Iran earlier this year and the guy who drove me told me that he is both Muslim and Christian. Does Islam allow this?  He blessed himself and said some prayers with his hands together in the usual christian way. He seemed to have reconciled any incompatibilities to his own satisfaction anyway. His biggest concern was the lack of nightclubs, whiskey and dancing which he knew were all readily available across the various nearby borders. 

Islam is supposed to be the next step in the abrahamic message, though what we understand by both religions is incompatible in some cases (for instance, that Jesus/Isa died in the cross, which is a belief that doesn't exist in Islam altogether). Last time I went to a cathedral I saw many muslim people in it, though. There are indeed more things in common than differences, so his case isn't really weird, if he shares a sentiment for both faiths, why wouldn't he reconcile them within himself.

As for the rest, I guess these are just vices, they don't need to be reconciled with one's faith hahah. Well, I don't know him so can't really say, just guessing.

• Veteran Member
5 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

In what way lol?

Easy.

Just as there are things to say or words to use that will provoke boys but not girls; inversely, there are things that will not bother boys but will irk, provoke or outrage a girl.

Keeping notes, then when you get marred ( :cry: ) you know which words will work and what order to use them and wear them down.

4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Easy.

Just as there are things to say or words to use that will provoke boys but not girls; inversely, there are things that will not bother boys but will irk, provoke or outrage a girl.

Keeping notes, then when you get marred ( :cry: ) you know which words will work and what order to use them and wear them down.

Therefore I shall continue to annoy my little sister, and take notes at the same time. Perfect

• Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Therefore I shall continue to annoy my little sister, and take notes at the same time. Perfect

You are very much welcome. l am always ready to prepare or assist a bro for "The Eternal Battle".

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Easy.

Are you corrupting the next generation? :hahaha:

3 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

You are very much welcome. l am always ready to prepare or assist a bro for "The Eternal Battle".

Subhanallah I'm pleased to have you as my mentor, supervisor and teacher.

• Veteran Member
Just now, ali_fatheroforphans said:

There is a basic training movie for single men. lt is also my favorite movie. lt stars Jack Lemon, Terry Thomas, some dumb blonde, Mary Wickes and Alan Hewitt.

lt has half the basics of good planning.

• Advanced Member

There were several members here who like writing poems. What do you guys write poems about? 

Personally, I write about intense things that happen in my life. I like to write rhymes. 

Today, a friend and I attended a poetry slam contest and I noted that almost exclusively all participants wrote about difficult things they have gone through. So do you guys also write about such things or do you perhaps write about Ahlul Bayt and other things as well?

• Veteran Member
19 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

19 hours ago, hasanhh said:

There is a basic training movie for single men. lt is also my favorite movie. lt stars Jack Lemon, Terry Thomas, some dumb blonde, Mary Wickes and Alan Hewitt.

lt has half the basics of good planning.

Do you want to know the movie?

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, dragonxx said:

One piece? Genius piece of work.

Death Note and Full Metal Alchemist both are very good and  smaller compared to other animes which have 300+ episodes

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

:keeporder:"lnvestigate notme.  She's detectively insightful."

I googled the names of the actors you mentioned. Knowing things is way too easy nowadays. 

I used to be able to impress people with my memory, but now they don't even ask me, they just look on the internet. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, notme said:

I googled the names of the actors you mentioned. Knowing things is way too easy nowadays. 

I used to be able to impress people with my memory, but now they don't even ask me, they just look on the internet. 

Same here. As l mentioned somewhere on SC this past week, that is why the boys called me 'Computer' 50 years ago. Speed of recall.

• Veteran Member
7 hours ago, Carlzone said:

What do you guys write poems about? 

l won a poetry contest in college, like an uncle did.

l forgot all about it. l found these pages a decade ago and it took a couple of days to remember what these verses were.

When he won back in the 1940s, he got a $100 in then dollars. Me? l win a University wide contest over several hundred other entries and l won a pizza.

As l remember, it came cold and chewed tough.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

When he won back in the 1940s, he got a $100 in then dollars. Me? l win a University wide contest over several hundred other entries and l won a pizza.

As l remember, it came cold and chewed tough.

Life is not fair, dear brother hasanhh! :cry:   :hahaha:

I wrote something for my sister for some children's competition when we were small. She then won luxurious cakes and loads of candy with my contribution :hahaha:

Edited by Carlzone
  • Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Life is not fair, dear brother hasanhh! :cry:   :hahaha:

I wrote something for my sister for some children's competition when we were small. She then won luxurious cakes and loads of candy with my contribution :hahaha:

You should develop a more "gangster mentality".

Tell her you want a "piece of the action" if she wins. Like a piece of candy or a slice of cake. She should show a 'little respect' to her older sister.

And "no", l do not watch reruns of The Godfather.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

You should develop a more "gangster mentality".

Tell her you want a "piece of the action" if she wins. Like a piece of candy or a slice of cake. She should show a 'little respect' to her older sister.

And "no", l do not watch reruns of The Godfather.

Am I not gangster enough already, brother hasanhh? Be careful what you wish for :D   :hahaha:

And I got as much as I wanted to be honest. 

And she was my older sis actually :)

I don't believe I have watched the Godfather or maybe I just didn't understand it or fell asleep because it's not my type of movie. 

My favourite movies are comedies. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Their are verses within the bible prohibiting drinking alcohol, it goes really deep on that subject. 

Jesus himself turned the water into wine at a wedding and not only that but it was top notch wine which everyone enjoyed greatly. Also there was wine at the last supper. Whatever else the bible might say it seems Christ himself had no major issues with the bottle.

1 hour ago, Klanky said:

Jesus himself turned the water into wine at a wedding and not only that but it was top notch wine which everyone enjoyed greatly. Also there was wine at the last supper. Whatever else the bible might say it seems Christ himself had no major issues with the bottle.

According to some Christians pastors the term “wine” has two meanings one is literally wine and the other is grape juice but it was also called wine, there’s also a verse within bible that proves that the term “wine” has two meanings in the bible i Read an article three days ago on prohibition of wine and beer (strong drink). 

• Moderators

This wine and Christianity talk is going off topic. 

Definitely drunkenness is prohibited in the Bible. Various Christian sects have different traditions regarding use of alcohol in general. 

Unless your hobbies include Christian traditions regarding wine, please return to the topic. Thanks.