Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Carlzone

What are your hobbies and interests?

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

thats amazing! I wish I can learn many languages but currently struggling with french since there is nobody who speaks it around me..

as for any unexpected facts... uhh.. nothing comes to mind sorry! lol i will mention if anything comes up.

Parlez vous francais? Je parle seulement un petit peu de francais.

Have you tried the app Memrise? I think it's a fun way of learning a language. 

8 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

@Carlzone  Seriously, were these all Romance languages or a mix of structures?

Actually they were very different languages with the exception of French and Spanish which are closely related. 

My sis even learnt some Japanese. That's really cool.

1 minute ago, Carlzone said:

learnt some Japanese. That's really cool.

l worked over there a couple of years. Kanji and two hiragana systems and then a week learning how to use my tongue to pronounce ra, ri, ru, re, ro.

After that the rya series is not to difficult.

1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

l worked over there a couple of years. Kanji and two hiragana systems and then a week learning how to use my tongue to pronounce ra, ri, ru, re, ro.

After that the rya series is not to difficult.

Well, well, well, these were some unexpected facts about hasanhh :woot:

What else you got?

2 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Parlez vous francais? Je parle seulement un petit peu de francais.

Have you tried the app Memrise? I think it's a fun way of learning a language. 

Ahh ma comprehension est bonne, mais ma vocabulaire est très mal, alors je suis très lentement quand je parles. Ca c'est parce que je ne prends pas un cours de français et il n'y a pas un personne avec qui parler pour le 6-7 dernier annes =(.

Et non, je n'ai pas essaye.

12 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

caspian report

i was watching their channel but they do great mistakes in their videos also their videos are biased if you like history & geoghraphy , I recommend you to watch epimethus  channel 

Empires of Ancient Persia explained in 10 minutes ( History of Iran ) 

4 hours ago, dragonxx said:

Ahh ma comprehension est bonne, mais ma vocabulaire est très mal, alors je suis très lentement quand je parles. Ca c'est parce que je ne prends pas un cours de français et il n'y a pas un personne avec qui parler pour le 6-7 dernier annes =(.

Et non, je n'ai pas essaye.

Tres bien, MashaAllah! :)

One correction I spotted: une personne. 

Actually I took a course on Psycholinguistics and I learnt that speaking the language is the last thing one learns in the process of learning a language. You will be able to read and listen to a lot of French, but the speaking process will be slower and comes last. So it's not strange that you feel that you are a bit slow when speaking. That's only natural. 

4 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

That's cannibalism, it is haram to eat the Danish people.

But Denmark is hostile towards Muslims! I'm sure there must be a loophole! 

Actually this reminds me of something that my mother told me. The chief in one of her former work places was a young European guy. When she told him she can't eat pig, he asked her if they can't just slaughter it halal? :hahaha:

8 hours ago, Carlzone said:

I'm ok with baking but not this time in the morning. My eyes are seriously closing themselves as we speak. Night night! ZzZzZzZz...

Where's that "spirit of motherhood" ?

Edited by hasanhh

On 9/1/2018 at 1:06 PM, Carlzone said:

Salam aleykom, 

I'm curious as to what you guys like doing on your spare time? Do you have any hobbies or interests? Please share! 

Personally my biggest interest is travelling. I'm the adventure seeking type. I like cool experiences. For instance, next time I go to Iceland I will take an excursion where I will be taken down inside an inactive volcano to walk around and behold it from the inside. I would also take an excursion to watch the aurora there. I love watching and being in beautiful nature. There's such peace and beauty in that. I'd like to bungy jump and jump out of an air plane and ride a balloonflight. I'd like to ride an elephant (have only read camels and horses) and experience the Amazon forest. A big interest is visiting holy places, both Islamic and those of other faiths like Christianity and Judaism. I'd like to see Masjid Al Aqsa. But unfortunately I found out that I might not be able to enter Iraq if go to Israel and they see that in my passport. 

Interior design is another big interest - I love making my home beautiful, harmonious and cosy. 

I like hanging out with family and friends and also watching comedies in the movies or comedy clubs. 

I like reading, swimming, Feldenkrais, and yoga. 

So what do you guys like? One gets a more accurate view of others when one knows their interests. So please share! :)

Greetings,

i love reading everyone's posts! My favorite ADL (activity of daily living) is reading the Bible. I especially am fascinated by the book of Revelation. My favorite lifetime hobby--until I became sick with cancer--since I was 11 years old, was horseback riding, especially in forests, on deer trails, seeing the sunlight cast patterns of light and shadows through the leaves, smelling my horse, hearing the squeaking leather, swaying in God's beautiful creation. Now I enjoy playing dominoes, but I don't much care if I win. I love people, especially Muslims. I love the way they love God and are passionate about their beliefs. I understand that. I love the way they love each other, especially their families. I admire that.

Blessings,

5 minutes ago, MartyS said:

Greetings,

i love reading everyone's posts! My favorite ADL (activity of daily living) is reading the Bible. I especially am fascinated by the book of Revelation. My favorite lifetime hobby--until I became sick with cancer--since I was 11 years old, was horseback riding, especially in forests, on deer trails, seeing the sunlight cast patterns of light and shadows through the leaves, smelling my horse, hearing the squeaking leather, swaying in God's beautiful creation. Now I enjoy playing dominoes, but I don't much care if I win. I love people, especially Muslims. I love the way they love God and are passionate about their beliefs. I understand that. I love the way they love each other, especially their families. I admire that.

Blessings,

Wa aleykom alsalam dear Marty! :)

Thank you for letting us get to know you better. Horseback riding is actually recommended in Islam. It's good excersize. I remember when I was in Iceland I did some horseback riding in the amazingly beautiful nature there. The day after I felt as if I had been to the gym or something. That's some good stuff! 

I also love admiring God's absolutely beautiful creation. I feel closer to God when I'm in beautiful nature. If this is how beautiful nature is on earth - then how will the beauty in paradise be like? May Allah SWT bless us with experiencing the beauty of paradise InshaAllah! 

Personally I like Christians, as I have met many wonderful Christians who also are very similar to us. They want to do good in the world, love God and focus on spiritual development. 

I wish we could have convivencia again. Marty, I don't know if you have been to Spain. I did some roadtripping there and in Andalucia I visited the biggest mosque in Europe "Mezquita cathedral de Cordoba". It's a mosque and church at the same time! Super cool interfaith place! I highly recommend it. 

Oh I forgot that I like writing poems during intense periods in life. I write them in my European language as it's my strongest tongue. I have friends who write poems in English but I have never tried that myself. And I also like attending poetry slams and have friends who perform. I did once too, but it was an Islamic poem and not my own :hahaha: 

I also like to crochet and to knit scarves and caps sometimes. Although I don't use them myself. It is a relaxing activity. Not exclusive to old ladies :hahaha: 

I found a new hobby recently and that is writing a story

well,only my friend will be reading it but its so exciting to write a story from your imagination 

Actually I was  just going to start writing a story  lol

Which is one of the reasons i came here,Can Anyone give me a good title for a story set in medieval times(fantasy story which includes elves and dwarfs)

1 hour ago, Natsu said:

well,only my friend will be reading it but its so exciting to write a story from your imagination 

Which is one of the reasons i came here,Can Anyone give me a good title for a story set in medieval times(fantasy story which includes elves and dwarfs)

That's so nice! Hope you share it on here. I also like writing, whether it's poetry or fiction, but I never think of the title first. I just write and then come up with a title using the themes in the story. Good luck!!

2 hours ago, Natsu said:

That's lovely Natsu! You're a creative guy MashaAllah! :)

3 hours ago, Carlzone said:

You have a talent

Hameedeh got me started last Winter.

BTW: l guess you haven't seen how few "likes" l have in "Poor Jokes".

What's your talented hobby?

Edited by hasanhh

4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

What's your talented hobby?

I already stated most of them in this thread. 

For instance people complement my skills when it comes to interior design. And also that I'm a superorganised person. I hate disorder and I hate dirt. I want my home to be perfect all the time. I'm not at peace if it's not. 

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

ln other words, "Miss Persnickety"

:grin:

Well I guess you could say that. Everyone around me tells me I'm a perfectionist. If I do something, I give it my all. I don't do halfhearted jobs. It's a blessing as well as a curse.

Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters,

Feels great to be back here after so long!

Apart from getting to know my new religion(well, not so new- it has been about 5 years now) and way of life better, I also like reading and writing poetry a lot (even though I am not too much of a poet), both in English and in my mother tongue.

I also dabble a bit in studying human behavior, philosophy and the mystical stuff.

Presently, I have moved to a new city for my higher studies, and I am trying to learn its history and culture, both material and non-material.