Carlzone

What are your hobbies and interests?

Rate this topic

Of course, my #1 interest is Quran & Ahlulbayt (a.s), I try to learn something new everyday in this regard, and hope Allah blesses me with the time & money to visit the shrines of our Imams (a.s).

I love sports, favourite is basketball, and play pretty much everything except 'activities' like ultimate frisbee (I refuse to acknowledge such things as "sports"). Weight room is boring as there is nothing competitive about it, but I force myself to go.

I used to love video games, but not so much anymore, and only pick something up if I know it'll be challenging and therefore fun. Hopefully one day they will make good video games again.

I like learning about different cultures and customs, and enjoy picking at people's brain with various questions that they're not used to.

The thing that nobody would ever guess about me in real life - I like to bake, particularly muffins and brownies, they're so good when I bake them...

11 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

Of course, my #1 interest is Quran & Ahlulbayt (a.s), I try to learn something new everyday in this regard, and hope Allah blesses me with the time & money to visit the shrines of our Imams (a.s).

I love sports, favourite is basketball, and play pretty much everything except 'activities' like ultimate frisbee (I refuse to acknowledge such things as "sports"). Weight room is boring as there is nothing competitive about it, but I force myself to go.

I used to love video games, but not so much anymore, and only pick something up if I know it'll be challenging and therefore fun. Hopefully one day they will make good video games again.

I like learning about different cultures and customs, and enjoy picking at people's brain with various questions that they're not used to.

The thing that nobody would ever guess about me in real life - I like to bake, particularly muffins and brownies, they're so good when I bake them...

InshaAllah you will get the opportunity to visit Ahlul bayt a.s. Have you ever visited any of them? 

I used to love video games too. Mostly Super Mario and Sonic which I recently learnt are satanistic - they want to teach children that collecting money is the most important thing in life... Also they are named partially after the Masons: Mario & Sonic. 

I used to like baking too :)

Reading (both fiction and non-fiction), drawing (photo realistic portraiture), coding (JAVA), gaming (not so much), walking, writing. 

I'm one of those tech savy dudes, you could argue that to be a hobby too. Religion is also a thing I spend a lot of time on, obviously. 

Edited by DarConall

2 minutes ago, DarConall said:

Reading (both fiction and non-fiction), drawing (photo realistic portraiture), coding (JAVA), gaming (not so much), walking, writing. 

I'm one of those tech savy dudes, you can could argue that to be a hobby too. Religion is also a thing I spend a lot of time on, obviously. 

That's good stuff, MashaAllah! Personally I suffer from technical dyslexia. And I can't draw! I believe I was born this way :cry:

5 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

That's good stuff, MashaAllah! Personally I suffer from technical dyslexia. And I can't draw! I believe I was born this way :cry:

There's no need to change, you probably have a friend around like me; ready to answer all your technical questions! 

There's a LOT to say about drawing, I don't know whether you asked for this explanation or not, but here goes: drawing is not a talent, it's either a set of skills that combine into ability to draw well, or a lot of concious practise. Or a combination of both. Drawing was never difficult for me, I did well from the get go, and I'd say that's totally my mindset and the way I look at things... but others have convinced me it really is skill. Maybe best way to explain it is as something you've to realize, something that suddenly clicks. That's how it is for me, but after that there's a very steep learning curve, although for most people you'll be a good drawer already.

Edited by DarConall

3 minutes ago, DarConall said:

There's no need to change, you probably have a friend around like me; ready to answer all your technical questions! 

There's a LOT to say about drawing, I don't know whether you asked for this explanation or not, but here goes: drawing is not a talent, it's either a set of skills that combine into ability to draw well, or a lot of concious practise. Or a combination of both. Drawing was never difficult for me, I did well from the get go, and I'd say that's totally my mindset and the way I look at things... but others have convinced me it really is skill. 

We are all blessed with different talents and that's perfectly normal.

I might not be good at drawing, but I use my creativeness and sense of art in interior design - and I'm known for my sense of beauty and ability to match things :)

5 minutes ago, DarConall said:

There's a LOT to say about drawing, I don't know whether you asked for this explanation or not, but here goes: drawing is not a talent, it's either a set of skills that combine into ability to draw well, or a lot of concious practise. Or a combination of both. Drawing was never difficult for me, I did well from the get go, and I'd say that's totally my mindset and the way I look at things... but others have convinced me it really is skill. Maybe best way to explain it is as something you've to realize, something that suddenly clicks. That's how it is for me, but after that there's a very steep learning curve, although for most people you'll be a good drawer already.

BROO,i cannot even draw a circle 

does that mean that I’ve no skill?

I always sucked at drawing

11 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

We are all blessed with different talents and that's perfectly normal.

I might not be good at drawing, but I use my creativeness and sense of art in interior design - and I'm known for my sense of beauty and ability to match things :)

My ability to match things is non-existent... I've been 'mocked' often enough by my sisters for my clothing choices upon leaving the house. As you said, we all have different talents (although I'd call them interests which can eventually change into skills) which is perfect as we can help each other that way. 

Would you mind sharing what country you're from? I suspect somewhere in Europe. Just curious!

11 minutes ago, Natsu said:

BROO,i cannot even draw a circle 

does that mean that I’ve no skill?

I always sucked at drawing

I feel uncomfortable speaking about something I know I'm good at, as though I've no right to because I can still get better. But here goes anyway: let's divide drawing into 10 levels, 1 is absolutely disastrous, and 10 is the greatest skill. For me personally from one until around 8 is just a switch that needs turning, something that clicks, a mindset that can change by an hours lesson. From 8 until 10 then becomes improvement through practise. I hope I'm making myself clear enough. Friends of mine 'suck' at drawing, until they sit next to me for 10 minutes and see how I do it and find some guidance from a source they trust. Really just as simple as knowing how to do it. Drawing well is having objective eyes, or something making you aware of your own bias in drawing. Does that explain well enough? 1-8 is mindset and not skill, but will be perceived as a stair of gradually increasing skill by outsiders, even though that's not really the case.

Edited by DarConall

2 minutes ago, DarConall said:

My ability to match things is non-existent... I've been 'mocked' often enough by my sisters for my clothing choices upon leaving the house. As you said, we all have different talents (although I'd call them interests which can eventually change into skills) which is perfect as we can help each other that way. 

Would you mind sharing what country you're from? I suspect somewhere in Europe. Just curious!

Exactly! I believe God created us that way so that we all can help each other in different ways! :)

Well, I'm originally Iraqi, I was born in Syria and as a toddler we fled to northern Europe where I grew up :)

What about you?

2 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Thanx to Notme, with click her like l now have nickles, four straight fives in "Iikes". 5,555

1555hrs on 02 Sept18

Which is another 'hobby' of mine: looking for oddities.

Excuse my language 

DAMNNNNNN!!!!

3 hours ago, Natsu said:

Are you good at basketball?

cuz if you are,I’d like to go up against you one day

I'm a bit washed up now but used to play college ball as a starter. I also threw it down pretty easily with 1 + 2 hands. But now I can only hang on rim ='(

Come to ottawa if you wanna get schooled though =D

Edited by dragonxx