Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ayuoobi

What are the causes of apostasy in our day and age?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Please could you share a definition of apostasy?

The abandonment/renouncement of the religion of islam.

Edited by aaljibar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's due to the introduction of the dajjal system in western media such as the secular, highly sexualised, anti arab/minority media that is blatantly being introduced to the TV and internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, aaljibar said:

I think it's due to the introduction of the dajjal system in western media such as the secular, highly sexualised, anti arab/minority media that is blatantly being introduced to the TV and internet.

Those are the means. The true causes lie within. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd start with the immense amount of ignorance within our own communities. Most people merely parrot what they hear. Most people, if their parents were not Muslims, they wouldn't be either. Most people have put careers and prosperity in this world ahead of success in the Hereafter. 

When one's already on shaky and weak foundations, it's not hard to push them completely off of it into disbelief and apostasy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

I'd start with the immense amount of ignorance within our own communities. Most people merely parrot what they hear. Most people, if their parents were not Muslims, they wouldn't be either. Most people have put careers and prosperity in this world ahead of success in the Hereafter. 

When one's already on shaky and weak foundations, it's not hard to push them completely off of it into disbelief and apostasy. 

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Apostasy is usually due to disillusionment stemming from the general ignorance and double standards of muslims with respect to the actual religion of islam.

Wallahu a'lam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a big reason is because many if not most Muslims at least in the west do not have an authentically Islamic paradigm through which to interpret data, everyone has a paradigm  through which we view the world. Muslims in the west adopt liberal ideology and when they realize Islam clearly contradicts it they reject Islam (e.g. slavery, jihad ibtida'i, etc) . Case in point is how we portray the prophet (sawa), he wasn't a pacifist feminist hippy... If you know about Nabeel Quraishi this is really why he became a Christian. He was an ahmadi and ahmadis love to portray the prophet (sawa) as a pacifist hippy. Obviously his conversion to Christianity is totally idiotic given that what the prophets did in the old testament which was ordered by God is much "worse" (from a modern liberal POV) than anything attributed to Muhammad (sawa). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shi3i_jadeed said:

I think a big reason is because many if not most Muslims at least in the west do not have an authentically Islamic paradigm through which to interpret data, everyone has a paradigm  through which we view the world. Muslims in the west adopt liberal ideology and when they realize Islam clearly contradicts it they reject Islam (e.g. slavery, jihad ibtida'i, etc) . Case in point is how we portray the prophet (sawa), he wasn't a pacifist feminist hippy... If you know about Nabeel Quraishi this is really why he became a Christian. He was an ahmadi and ahmadis love to portray the prophet (sawa) as a pacifist hippy. Obviously his conversion to Christianity is totally idiotic given that what the prophets did in the old testament which was ordered by God is much "worse" (from a modern liberal POV) than anything attributed to Muhammad (sawa). 

I don't know them very well. Excepted the belief in a new prophet what are their main beliefs and deviances exactly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The general difficulty of being Muslim must also be part of it. The modern world has made it difficult for a practicing Muslim to do business, get married, go to school, and attend socials without compromising with the haram to some degree. For those who are culturally Muslim, religion has become a liability that takes away more than it gives. Not everyone can handle the pressure of the decline of the Muslim world, and they're looking at alternatives that make them happier and their lives easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think problem is also that nowadays most Muslims have no idea if what is sharia law and are not educated about that. So when they see some topics in Islamic books contrary to western secularism wich is the dominant ideology nowadays they are perturbated and many become apostate because Islam is for them contrary to "human rights" and "modernity" that western world try to promote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Qa'im said:

The general difficulty of being Muslim must also be part of it. The modern world has made it difficult for a practicing Muslim to do business, get married, go to school, and attend socials without compromising with the haram to some degree. For those who are culturally Muslim, religion has become a liability that takes away more than it gives. Not everyone can handle the pressure of the decline of the Muslim world, and they're looking at alternatives that make them happier and their lives easier.

This would apply moreso to the Muslim diaspora. Not sure how much it would apply to Muslims living inside dar al islam, where by and large it is still easier to be a Muslim than not - even if one sins by breaking rules here and there.

I also think within the diaspora this would likely be more of a factor among more isolated Muslims whereas those living in cities with many Muslims would have an easier time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 2:38 PM, Ayuoobi said:

I have my own thoughts on this but I wanted to survey the field for your opinions. /discuss 

I often think about this, and interact with Muslims around me, some who have "left".

The number one reason I hear, is that they have a particular understanding of Islam which I find strange, then when they analyse this weird version of Islam, it all comes apart and they reject "islam". They are actually only rejecting their weird understanding of it however. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iraqi_shia said:

I often think about this, and interact with Muslims around me, some who have "left".

The number one reason I hear, is that they have a particular understanding of Islam which I find strange, then when they analyse this weird version of Islam, it all comes apart and they reject "islam". They are actually only rejecting their weird understanding of it however. 

 

What does this "weird understanding" entail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...