Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohamed1993

What is your opinion of war veterans?

Rate this topic

How do you view veterans who served in illegal wars like the Iraq war, Vietnam war, etc.? Many claim that veterans are not to be blamed for decisions made by people elected to office, but don't veterans also have the responsibility to reject the order to go fight a war if it is illegal? When you make this argument though people say if you want to blame the vet, you may as well blame the entire population for voting in representatives without taking into account their stances on illegal wars, so the people bear as much responsibility as the veterans themselves? 

Personally, I think veterans are not a monolith, they are just genuinely people like Chris Kyle who served because he got pleasure from killing Iraqis, but there are also vets who also thought they were doing the right thing when they fought whatever war. Then there is the fact that once you are at war, and you encounter an insurgent who might be defending their land, but in that situation its either kill or be killed, and most would just make the choice to kill and you can't take into account the motives behind the war and the legality of it anymore. 

That said the military worship in the US is really irritating especially when everyone who serves is considered a hero, is thanked for his service, but I guess its not entirely fair to denigrate people who served in illegal wars either.  

Taghut system has two levels, leadership and followers, both groups are blame worthy in Quran:

Those who believe fight in the cause of God, while those who disbelieve fight in the cause of Evil (taghut). So fight the allies of the Devil. Surely the strategy of the Devil is weak. 4:76

They will emerge before God, altogether. The followers will say to those who were leaders, "We were your followers, can you protect us at all against God's punishment?" They will say, "Had God guided us, we would have guided you. It is the same for us; whether we mourn, or are patient; there is no asylum for us." 14:21

He will say, "Join the crowds of jinn and humans who have gone into the Fire before you." Every time a crowd enters, it will curse its sister-crowd. Until, when they are all in it, the last of them will say to the first of them, "Our Lord, these are the ones who misled us, so inflict on them a double punishment in the Fire." He will say, "Each will have a double, but you do not know." 7:38

4 hours ago, abuhaydar said:

I feel sorry for them.

used and thrown away

the recruiters pray on hopeless men and women, school drop outs, tempt them with careers..  10 years later they either commit suicide or end up on a street homeless.. 

fighting for the machine

prey*

When l grew up, essentially everybody was a war veteran --even an aunt.

ln my town, a few WW1 (an uncle of mine was gassed), and the rest WW2 and Korean ( lot of them wounded). All services and many with really negative experiences. From a cousin who was a POW, to 2 men in town (that l know of) made the Normandy landing on D-Day.  When in college, one man's father was so shattered he could not stand straight -his body was crooked from tissue and bone loss.

Not one of these people ever believed in heroes. People who did something, people who were awarded whatever, but not heroes.

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

When l grew up, essentially everybody was a war veteran --even an aunt.

ln my town, a few WW1 (an uncle of mine was gassed), and the rest WW2 and Korean ( lot of them wounded). All services and many with really negative experiences. From a cousin who was a POW, to 2 men in town (that l know of) made the Normandy landing on D-Day.  When in college, one man's father was so shattered he could not stand straight -his body was crooked from tissue and bone loss.

Not one of these people ever believed in heroes. People who did something, people who were awarded whatever, but not heroes.

The fact that they suffered doesn't mean they made the right decision by going to kill people in other countries.

...He loses this world and the next. That is the obvious loss. 22:11

4 hours ago, mesbah said:

The fact that they suffered doesn't mean they made the right decision by going to kill people in other countries.

So, you support Austro-Hungarian lmperialism, Fascism, Nazism, and Communist aggression.  Correct?

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

So, you support Austro-Hungarian lmperialism, Fascism, Nazism, and Communist aggression.  Correct?

I don't get it.

Do you really expect me to believe Americans were and are killing people around the world for the sake of 'human rights' or to promote 'freedom?' That much naive?

No sir, I don't buy American propaganda.

It's a Taghut system, full of taghut people at the top, who only care about money and power.

1 minute ago, mesbah said:

I don't get it.

Do you really expect me to believe Americans were and are killing people around the world for the sake of 'human rights' or to promote 'freedom?' That much naive?

No sir, I don't buy American propaganda.

It's a Taghut system, full of taghut people at the top, who only care about money and power.

Where did l comment on anything after Korea?

1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

Where did l comment on anything after Korea?

Before Korea or after it;

One form of injustice or aggression doesn't justify another.

From the very start, that country had been established on certain bases, land confiscation, genocide of indigenous people, militarism,  etc.

Most of dollar value is taken from the wealth of other countries; Americans print papers and get nations' wealth in exchange. 

It was like it almost from the start, so the "good old days" thinking is wrong.

Very simple, if they fought for imperialist conquering elites with evil purposes, I don’t have the same level of respect for them compared to individuals who fight against oppression since technically they’re fighting and spreading corruption upon the Earth like a mafia. 

On 9/5/2018 at 1:12 PM, kingkhanwc said:

Very simple, if they fought for imperialist conquering elites with evil purposes,

most of them just involved in war because of fooling by Media propaganda & a group of them did it to overcome their bad economic situation in USA only a few of them had religious purpose like as evangelicals the irony is that that current self claimed new crusaders just make a very number of veterans most of veterans had patriotic or financial issue  that involves in war even some groups of them after confronting with Muslims converted to Islam .

FEMALE AMERICAN SOLDIER CONVERTED TO ISLAM

An American Soldier, who happens to be Muslim - The Documentary

American convert to Shia Islam The True Islam Shiism

https://www.aparat.com/v/3pENJ/American_convert_to_Shia_Islam_-_The_True_Islam_-

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Exactly like they’ve been fooled like everyone else in the name of Patriotism when in actual fact not only they hurt humanity, but they risk their lives in vein, possibly dying, returning back amputated or mentally messed up from the trauma they’ve seen all for a 23 thousand dollar a year payment which is peanuts, possibly ending up to be homeless and forgotten like many American army veterens.... yeah deffo not doing that. @Ashvazdanghe

Operation Terror,Movie about Terrorists in Government Planning 911Art Oliver ,19 Sep 2012

Operation Terror (backup)