Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wolverine

#41 How to Eat?

Rate this topic

Poll #41  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Food tastes better when you eat with:

• Fingers
    • Fork/Spoon/Knives/Chopsticks

Depends on the food, but generally I don't mind eating anything with fingers as a necessity, and there are certain foods I think it's very strange to see others eat with fork and knife, so I guess my innate tendency is hands. 

My training is to use cutlery except certain exempted foods. 

41 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

food without a doubt tastes better when you eat with your hands 110% whoever says otherwise hasn't tried it or just ate bad food =P

hmmm, what about steak?

I think it depends on the food. Steak - knife & fork. Burger - hands, etc.

Now when it comes to pizza - I can eat it with fork & knife or use hands to bite into the slice but my preferred method is using hands, fold a slice in half and then chow down.

Edited by ShiaMan14

19 hours ago, wolverine said:

What's better to eat with?

Depends on the cuisine and the dish. Indian food always tastes better when eaten with fingers, however good luck eating a bowl of Chili with your hands.

All depends on what you’re eating and where it’s from.

36 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

good luck eating a bowl of Chili with your hands.

Chili is best scooped with tortilla chips in my opinion, but cornbread is also very popular. 

Which brings up my question: if you scoop or soak up the food with some bread, does that count as eating with hands or eating with utensils, or other? 

6 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

hmmm, what about steak?

I think it depends on the food. Steak - knife & fork. Burger - hands, etc.

Now when it comes to pizza - I can eat it with fork & knife or use hands to bite into the slice but my preferred method is using hands, fold a slice in half and then chow down.

5 hours ago, notme said:

Just don't offer stew without either a spoon, or bread to scoop it up. 

ahahahah of course guys, certain foods def require utensils, kinda hard to eat steak without utensils and without looking like a savage lool. It might seem contradictory but i love eating rice with my hands with the proper etiquette of course.... not the uncivilized desert style lool. i've got a couple of my western friends to try it out and they've attested to the superior taste when using hands =)

& you know @notme if they were to use bread it would still be using their hands =P

@ShiaMan14 ahh i hate folding the pizza, it doesn't taste as good and i feel like people stare =P. but have u tried a burger sandwich with a fork/knife? its the one food u usually eat with your hands but tastes better to me with utensils...

Edit: your post just appeared @notme lool definitely counts as using hands if using food to scoop food =P

47 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

@ShiaMan14 ahh i hate folding the pizza, it doesn't taste as good and i feel like people stare =P. but have u tried a burger sandwich with a fork/knife? its the one food u usually eat with your hands but tastes better to me with utensils...

20100714-foldhold-full-lede.jpg

Double the pizza in a single bite...now I am craving pizza!!!

1 hour ago, dragonxx said:

have u tried a burger sandwich with a fork/knife? its the one food u usually eat with your hands but tastes better to me with utensils...

That's just wrong

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, dragonxx said:

have u tried a burger sandwich with a fork/knife?

This reminds me of when chicken legs and thighs were eaten with a fork and knife, before "picnic style" started at picnics in the 60s and then went general poor table manners in the 70s.

4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

This reminds me of when chicken legs and thighs were eaten with a fork and knife, before "picnic style" started at picnics in the 60s and then went general poor table manners in the 70s.

Looool eating a chicken leg with a fork and knife is the worst... i only do that when I'm unable to wash my hands - it's really annoying to pick off the chicken pieces...

salam,

How to eat, we need to learn how so from our Creatorسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, eating is an act done to seek nearness to Himسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. Food varies & so is the manner of its consumption. 

ws

:salam:
When you eat with your hand, you feel a sense of power, I do not know how to say it, but it's wonderful.
even more so when it's hamburger or pizza, too tapioca, pão de queijo, and suspiro.

22 hours ago, Shiat3Ali said:

:salam:
When you eat with your hand, you feel a sense of power, I do not know how to say it, but it's wonderful.
even more so when it's hamburger or pizza, too tapioca, pão de queijo, and suspiro.

When you eat properly with cutlery, you feel a sense of accomplishment, skill and etiquette.

:ranting: "Plus you don't get your hands all goopy."

:angry:"Where have all the manners gone. Long time passing. . . ."

Edited by hasanhh

I suck in my food using a vacuum cleaner installed in place of my mouth.

The vacuum is in the shape of fingers with holes in the finger tips for suction. So naturally, I'd vote that I eat with my fingers.... But I didn't. I voted for spoon. You don't know the hell I go through every time my "mouth" sucks in food. It rips the inside my insides apart and it is so painful, even if I have instant regeneration... I don't wanna live with the pain anymore. Please save me.
But your poll has given me hope. I dont know what it feels like to eat with spoons or forks but I want to be able to eat with them one day and not with my hellish fingers-shaped vacuum.

Thank you. I voted for spoons/forks/knives/chopsticks

10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

@dragonxx  , you "respectfully disagreed" with my post.

l, "respectfully disagreed" with you post.

This can get political. A food fight can ensue. You can throw with your hands, and l can fling with my fork.

:grin:

hahahahahah then beware for my hands can fling a lot more than your cutlery can =P

On 9/3/2018 at 9:13 AM, hasanhh said:

When you eat properly with cutlery, you feel a sense of accomplishment, skill and etiquette.

:ranting: "Plus you don't get your hands all goopy."

:angry:"Where have all the manners gone. Long time passing. . . ."

the prophet did not eat with silverware...

Edited by Shiat3Ali

5 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

1] Such uses of silver are forbidden.

2] Using tableware is not prohibited.

Yes, but they are not obligatory also, if the prophet did not use cutlery (because in his time there was no such thing) then neither recommendation had 
uUuUhHhHHh

8 minutes ago, Shiat3Ali said:

(because in his time there was no such thing)

Before l answered l looked this up. When we were in school, we were mistakenly misinformed that the fork began in France about 1100 C.C. There are bone forks from ancient archeological sites, and the Romans had them. Knives have 'always' been around. l didn't look up spoons for the oldest known example. ADDED l did now, they are Neolithic and maybe before.

Edited by hasanhh

23 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Sahih Bukhari Book 65 No. 319   Muhammad-s.a.w.s. cut mutton with a knife.

One example is enough.

Sahih Bukhari  hahahahahaha
sahih bukhari does not prove anything to me, I am not sunni

33 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Before l answered l looked this up. When we were in school, we were mistakenly misinformed that the fork began in France about 1100 C.C. There are bone forks from ancient archeological sites, and the Romans had them. Knives have 'always' been around. l didn't look up spoons for the oldest known example. ADDED l did now, they are Neolithic and maybe before.

face, the knife could exist, but it was not eaten with it, it was used only to cut the food to divide it among the members of the table

2 minutes ago, Shiat3Ali said:

face, the knife could exist, but it was not eaten with it, it was used only to cut the food to divide it among the members of the table

Not many people eat with knives now --excepting the peas-on-a-knife gag. But they do cut with them.

On 9/1/2018 at 2:55 AM, cathjuche said:

if you eat pizza with cutlery you're in grave need of help

Haha. How can you help?  

On 8/30/2018 at 7:32 PM, ShiaMan14 said:

20100714-foldhold-full-lede.jpg

Only at home. If the people I am with pick up their knife and fork in a restaurant, I do the same. Wouldn't want them to be embarrassed to eat with me. :blush: