Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Natsu

Afraid to make any more promises

Rate this topic

I broke many promises to Allah,i feel ashamed.I’m afraid of making any more promises but the thing is I’ll feel guilty about my sin if I don’t make a promise to stop it

I feel like my promises are all fake,I dont want to be a disloyal servant to Allah,I never ever break my promises to humans but why cant i keep it with Allah?

I keep repenting but it all feels fake,it feels like i’m just saying it but not MEANING it

Do not despair from the mercy of Allah (s.w.t). Strive truly to correct yourself wherever needed and you will succeed Insha Allah.

وَأَن لَّيْسَ لِلْإِنسَانِ إِلَّا مَا سَعَى
53:39 That man can have nothing but what he strives for

وَمَنْ أَرَادَ الآخِرَةَ وَسَعَى لَهَا سَعْيَهَا وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُولَئِكَ كَانَ سَعْيُهُم مَّشْكُورًا
17:19 And whoever desires the hereafter and strives for it as he ought to strive and he is a believer; (as for) these, their striving shall surely be accepted.

Salam aleykom Natsu, 

Can't you just try to strengthen your conviction as to why you need to stop the sinning, instead of making promises in order to do it? 

Read up on the foundations of Islam and judgement day and what punishment one receives for different sins. 

Ok, here comes an unislamic tip, but one that helped me realise the severity of hell, was to watch YouTube videos about people (mostly Christians) who had died and got back to life and who described the horrors they saw in hell and how people were tortured there. It made hell a much more real concept for me and literally scared the hell out of me. It motivated me to work more on myself. So even if this was not a Shia sheikh lecture, it still affected me in the right way. I don't know if this will work for you, but it might be worth a try?

18 hours ago, Natsu said:

I broke many promises to Allah,i feel ashamed.I’m afraid of making any more promises but the thing is I’ll feel guilty about my sin if I don’t make a promise to stop it

I feel like my promises are all fake,I dont want to be a disloyal servant to Allah,I never ever break my promises to humans but why cant i keep it with Allah?

I keep repenting but it all feels fake,it feels like i’m just saying it but not MEANING it

Keep thinking brother that Allah is and Imam is looking at you and if he reappeared in front you now and ask what was your last day or last moment  then how will  you feel?

:sign_no:

3 hours ago, Natsu said:

@Carlzone

The thing is that I cannot think while I’m sinning,its like my mind goes completely blank and it feels like I’m being controlled 

Try doing some mental and physical exercises and donot sit in a company who praise you a lot and who demonize you. If some one praises you beyond what you are think that might be because the person did not know you a lot.

Rest good luck and prayers for you

3 hours ago, Natsu said:

@Carlzone

The thing is that I cannot think while I’m sinning,its like my mind goes completely blank and it feels like I’m being controlled 

Then you must stop the process before you reach the sinning. Note what it is that happens before you reach that point and intervene before that point.

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful ( Al-Quran 39,53)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

“And despair not of Allah's mercy; surely none despairs of Allah's mercy except the unbelieving people.”  ( Holy Qur’an 12:87 )

:bismillah:

وَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِالنَّفْسِ اللَّوَّامَةِ
"Nay! I swear by the self-accusing soul" 

@Natsu, Offer thanks to Almighty Lord that you still have this voice alive within yourself which accuses your own conscience. Make it strong my brother, let it to govern yourself because it is mentioning wrong as wrong. I am sure that you definitely hear this voice within yourself before indulging into the sins but you overlook it and give more attention to the thoughts which incites you to do sin. You have to educate yourself to listen to this self accusing voice carefully and you have to allow it to strengthen within you. You need to strive against yourself in that way. This is the most crucial and hardest battle field and everyone have to fight here at some point of his life or throughout his life. 

Do not afraid of your failures, you have the capacity to allow to grow & strengthen any of them within you, the tendency which forces you to do sin and the tendency which accuses you while intending to sin.  If you allow negativity to grow within you and continue to crush this positive force, then at some time you will stop hearing anything from it. Fear that time brother and correct the direction of yourself. This is not new thing I am mentioning, everyone of us know that and most of us get failed somewhere in our lives. But this does not mean that we lay down our weapons and stop the jihad against our self. 

@Salsabeel

Yes brother I can definitely hear the voice within myslef and also sometimes i can hear the voice of shaytaan(not literally)calling me to the sin.

I’m very competitive brother and i hate losing more than anything,I’ll try my absolute best to stop myself from the sin and if even then I don’t succeed,I can always try again and learn from my previous mistakes

Thank you brother,Ive come to my senses now

On 8/28/2018 at 7:18 PM, Natsu said:

Dear brother - You are on the right track. Don't abandon it. This is exactly how you stop sinning - 

For now though, what you have been doing is only half of it. The other piece is, bind yourself of something that becomes an atonement for sinning. For example, you could say something like, "Allah swt I promise to not do X, but if I did, I would fast for 30 days straight". 

And God forbid, if you do, then stick to your atonement. This is a sure shot way of getting out of worst forms of addictions. InshAllah yours would be smaller and hopefully easily manageable.