Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
shiasoldier786

John McCain Dies

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

One can send la3nat 1000 times a day over evil oppressors and still do all good a3mal as well. They are not mutually exclusive. 

Sending lanats can be bad emotionally after a certain point. Being angry for prolonged periods of time is not good for anyone. Evil oppressors are already going to be suffering in the next life, but we must respect the families of those who are grieving. Respect the living by choosing an appropriate moment to curse someone/speak out against the evils he/she has done. 

EDIT; all we do as Shias is spread discord amongst ourselves by condemning others, wether Muslim or non-Muslim, to hell. There isn’t enough talk or action to do good Amal and deeds amongst our communities. 

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

2 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Sending lanats can be bad emotionally after a certain point. Being angry for prolonged periods of time is not good for anyone. Evil oppressors are already going to be suffering in the next life, but we must respect the families of those who are grieving. Respect the living by choosing an appropriate moment to curse someone/speak out against the evils he/she has done. 

No, actually sending la3nat over oppressors is strengthening and refreshing. Even vitalizing.

The answer to the rest @dragonxx already eloquently explained.

Edited by Carlzone

Just now, Carlzone said:

No, actually sending la3nat over oppressors is strengthening and refreshing. 

The answer to the rest @dragonxx already eloquently explained.

Maybe to you it is, but for many others, it may be harmful or provide an excuse to be angry all the time.

I also edited my post. 

@Carlzone: there were people I knew who were very angry, unhealthy individuals who used Islam to justify their anger and arrogance and actions. That’s what I’m saying. Where do we draw the line? When do we choose to do so? When is it appropriate? Thankfully, Islam has given us the Prophets (AS) and Imams (AS) to look for guidance on how to communicate effectively in this regard. Yes, sending lanats on oppressors is a part of Islam, but so is picking the right moments to do so, where it causes neither discord nor misunderstandings, like many people said. 

Well as I said they are not mutually exclusive. 

You can start a thread on how to increase good a3mal in the community. 

Actually what these la3nat are doing is showing who are standing up for haqq and who are not.  

People can take this opportunity to stand on the side of haqq instead of protecting batel. 

There will come a day when our imam Mahdi a.a.f will return. Being on his side will not come natural to some who think they are believers. They will go against him. I'm sure they will claim he is barbaric...

13 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

There will come a day when our imam Mahdi a.a.f will return. Being on his side will not come natural to some who think they are believers. They will go against him. I'm sure they will claim he is barbaric...

I don’t appreciate that you’re implying that somehow people who pick and choose when to send their lanats (like some people on here) will somehow not be on Imam Mahdi’s side, when this is a cultural difference on when to send Lanats. 

Yes, the Imam Mahdi (AS) will return, and do you know what that means? It means that the world will be messed-up and only by Allah’s grace will He send the Imam to set everything straight. He will be talking about Islam in ways that none of our fallible leaders, scholars, laymen, have been able to do so. It’s not just about setting oppressors straight. It’s also about restoring peace and tranquility and civilization amongst our communities. We live in an age where Muslims are all at each other’s throats and are always arguing/can’t get along with our own Ummah over petty issues. 

If Muslim countries were perfect in akhlaq, why is there so much uncultured behavior and mannerisms in our communities? There are so many people who only uphold Islam by name, and do wajibaats, but lie, steal, backbite, hurt others, cause discord and/or divorce between married people, etc. these are very real issues that no one is addressing, and is only getting worse. If you do your wajibaats and make dua, but fail to treat people fairly and kindly, and create problems for the community, then the risk of your waajibats not being accepted is greater. 

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

1 hour ago, Laayla said:

Sister @dragonxx

a7santi.  May we never be silent in the face of oppressors.  

أَلَا لَعْنَةُ اللَّهِ عَلَى الظَّالِمِينَ

AM

Ah, I just realized people are taking the XX in my name as my sex-chromosome.. I am XY chromosome lol (a brother). dragonxx was a monster from a video game i played as a kid, seems i should change it though haha.

And ameen.

40 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Islam teaches us to not harbor anger and hatred in our hearts

I think you should re-evaluate your understanding of what Quran and the Ahlulbayt (a.s) teach regarding hatred towards certain individuals, if you'd like you can start another thread to discuss this.

28 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I think in regards to la3na, you picture the whole cultural person scrumping up their face when they send la3na on somebody, and saying it in a really angry and "disgusted" way.

La3na is a dua, it is praying to Allah to withdraw His mercy from a certain individual, and that they be punished for their evil actions, thus it is actually the ideal time to send la3na on people who just died because they went to meet Allah. You receive reward for sending la3na on evil oppressors, the same way you receive reward for sending salams to the Prophet (pbuhf) and his progeny (a.s) - notice the love-hate dynamic here? Of course, la3na is a dua not to be used lightly as I have implied in my previous post.

Like sis @Carlzone says "its vitalizing" when used with the right mindset, i.e. the religious mindset and not the cultural mindset

Please let us stop adding fuel to the fire, and re-focus on the topic.

Indeed, insects are superior to mccain. I wonder what type of brain cancer he had, I hope it was glioblastoma multiforme. Anyone know?

@dragonxx, see, you’ve explained yourself eloquently and well with regards to Lanat and when to send them. One that doesn’t cause discord or hatred between others and it’s something I can get behind. Unfortunately, many people respond with anger and hatred with regards to the topic of sending lanats and their tone causes discord and anger. If everyone had the same eloquence and understanding to communicate their line of reasoning, there wouldn’t be 5 pages of angry people who seem emotionally immature and stunted. 

9 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

Of course, la3na is a dua not to be used lightly as I have implied in my previous post.

One thing I’ve noticed is how quickly most people are to send lanats to people, but especially other Muslims who have been misunderstood/miscommunicated a message, as it was evident in this thread (the person condemned me to hell and clearly implied such, and even others had picked it up.). It’s common to send lanats in our community due to every trivial reason. “Oh you hurt my feelings, may Allah punish you in hell. You will be paid for it in the next life.” This is the immature mindset, so when people are sending lanats on true oppressors, some people are less likely to listen because they are used more often on trivial things. 

1 hour ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

@dragonxx, see, you’ve explained yourself eloquently and well with regards to Lanat and when to send them. One that doesn’t cause discord or hatred between others and it’s something I can get behind. Unfortunately, many people respond with anger and hatred with regards to the topic of sending lanats and their tone causes discord and anger. If everyone had the same eloquence and understanding to communicate their line of reasoning, there wouldn’t be 5 pages of angry people who seem emotionally immature and stunted. 

One thing I’ve noticed is how quickly most people are to send lanats to people, but especially other Muslims who have been misunderstood/miscommunicated a message, as it was evident in this thread (the person condemned me to hell and clearly implied such, and even others had picked it up.). It’s common to send lanats in our community due to every trivial reason. “Oh you hurt my feelings, may Allah punish you in hell. You will be paid for it in the next life.” This is the immature mindset, so when people are sending lanats on true oppressors, some people are less likely to listen because they are used more often on trivial things. 

I totally agree with you here; I think unfortunately there are tons of people who take la3na far too lightly and don't understand the basic implications of it. I didn't want to address this directly, however I don't believe for a second that the person in question said or implied such a thing towards you - I don't know the personalities of anyone here and I personally didn't make any such link when I was reading through the thread at the beginning, i.e. I probably have the least bias. Yes it could've been handled much better but considering the topic of mccain, that's hard to do. Also, we should remember what the Prophet (pbuhf) said, give 70 excuses for your brethren before reaching a conclusion.

I don't know what happened in the past but, if Imam Hussein (a.s) could forgive, accept, and show love to Hurr (I think that's his name) after Hurr cut off the water from the dying, dehydrated, crying children of Imam Hussein (a.s), then any Shia of Ali can do the same with their brethren no matter who was right/wrong or what happened, especially over a forum. Let us have nothing but forgiveness and love for each other, we can always agree to disagree! =).

Anyway, so wow, I searched it, and it turns out it was glioblastoma - and this guy actually made it 1 year. It's usually about a 6 month prognosis. And on top of that he himself decided to discontinue his treatment. Looks like Allah swt gave him a long suffering before dying. I'm honestly shocked that he still had the mental capacity after 1 year to make any sort of decision, goes to show what money and power can do in terms of healthcare, by the permission of Allah of course.

1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

When the killers of Husayn (as) were avenged, Ali ibn Husayn (as) was happy and even did sajdat al shukr.

السلام عليك يا علي ابن الحسين 

God's curse be upon the enemies of Mohammad wa ahli Mohammad until the Day of Judgement.

Peace and blessings on Mohammad and his family and curse be upon their enemies.

اللهم صل على محمد وآل محمد وعجل فرجهم و العن عدوهم 

Brother @dragonxx

Thank you and God bless.

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

AM

4 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

@dragonxx

One thing I’ve noticed is how quickly most people are to send lanats to people, but especially other Muslims who have been misunderstood/miscommunicated a message, as it was evident in this thread (the person condemned me to hell and clearly implied such, and even others had picked it up.). 

You really need to stop with this claim of being condemned to hell. A narration that was relevant to the overall topic was posted, thats it. 

Are people expected to stop quoting from the quran and the ahlulbayt every time you make a post in a topic, just in case you misinterpret it as a direct attack on you? I should hope not.

Wallahu a'lam 

As a side note I agree with your points on la3an. It is a condemnation of enmity to Allah, his prophet and the ahlulbayt and certainly not a response to individual worldly disputes between fallible people. It should indeed not be misused. 

22 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

narration that was relevant to the overall topic was posted, thats it. 

It wasn’t relevant at all, since there was no mention of people being lukewarm or apathetic since everyone was sending lanats except for me, who said we needed to focus on ourselves. 

After reading page 3 of this thread, l'II make this comment.

l admired and liked McCain even though l criticized him and referred to him as "McPain".

When he ran for President in 2008 l did not vote for him because l thought he had gotten too reactionary. That "bombing is the solution" to about everything was both old and unhelpful. [Conversely, l did not vote for 0bama because he was too young and inexperienced. So l voted third party.]

Nevertheless, McCain did advocate for things that other politicians would not touch or would not say.

11 hours ago, shiasoldier786 said:

Look who is sending condolences

every Iranian knows that how much he was close to these terrorists ,nobody loved him & after singing Bomb Iran our anger increased about him although he criticized Trump but nobody between Iranians cared about it 

6 hours ago, dragonxx said:

Anyway, so wow, I searched it, and it turns out it was glioblastoma - and this guy actually made it 1 year. It's usually about a 6 month prognosis. And on top of that he himself decided to discontinue his treatment. Looks like Allah swt gave him a long suffering before dying. I'm honestly shocked that he still had the mental capacity after 1 year to make any sort of decision, goes to show what money and power can do in terms of healthcare, by the permission of Allah of course.

Maybe you have a 6th sense? :)

There are medical treatments available for rich powerful people that are not available for regular people. That is one of the reasons evil leaders tend to live longer than the average person. 

Their money buys them comforts, healthy foods, best health care etc, why wouldn't they live longer...

Edited by Carlzone

I read this somewhere

"Our condolences to al nusra for the death of McCain"

Laanat on McCain,his dad, and his dad's dad...

im not even kidding.. look them up they are all called john and they all were the same poo.... his dad covered up the USS liberty attack for Israel. check it out

The political positions of McCain LA.  Now someone else find an excuse on how he is not an enemy of Islam.  Here are some highlights of his career.

On the zionist state

During the 2008 presidential election, when asked if the Zionist cause is just and has succeeded, McCain responded, "I think so. I'm a student of history and anybody who is familiar with the history of the Jewish people and with the Zionist idea can't help but admire those who established the Jewish homeland. I think it's remarkable that Zionism has been in the middle of wars and great trials and it has held fast to the ideals of democracy and social justice and human rights. I think that the State of Israel remains under significant threat from terrorist organizations as well as the continued advocacy of the Iranians to wipe Israel off the map."[131]

McCain called for the early release of convicted Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard, who served a 30-year prison sentence for passing U.S. secrets to Israel.[132]

On munafiqeen al khalq

An advocate of the People's Mujahedin of Iran (MEK), McCain has appeared in their gatherings. In February 2015, The Intercept published an investigative work by Ali Gharib and Eli Clifton, assisted in part by the work of independent researcher Joanne Stocker, indicating that he has received $11,350 from the MEK between January 2009 and September 2012, when it was listed as a Foreign Terrorist Organization. McCain was still considered among top recipients of the organization after it was delisted, receiving $10,800 between 2013 and 2015.[154]

On Syria

During the Syrian civil war that began in 2011, McCain was a vocal supporter of the U.S. intervening militarily in the conflict on the side of the anti-government forces. He called for arming the Free Syrian Army with heavy weapons and for the establishment of a no-fly zone over the country.[216]

Alcohol[edit]

McCain's family has close ties to Anheuser-Busch through its Hensley & Co. distributor.[303] McCain has recused himself from voting on bills before Congress dealing with alcohol-related matters.[303]

mc-cain-rebels_2577322b.jpg

John McCain denies he knowingly posed with with 'rebel kidnappers' in Syria

John McCain has denied that he knowingly posed in a photograph this week with Syrian rebels who kidnapped 11 Lebanese Shi'ite Muslims.

By Sarah Titterton, agencies

5:17PM BST 30 May 2013

The photograph, released by Mr McCain's office, shows the US senator standing with a group of rebels during his highly-publicised trip to Syriathis week.

Two of the men in the image are Mohamed Nour and Abu Ibrahim, claimed Lebanese newspaper The Daily Star. The men are described as being part of a group who kidnapped 11 Shias last year.

They were identified by one of the kidnap victims, Anwar Ibrahim, who along with one other hostage has since been freed, the Star said. Negotiations over the freedom of the other nine are still ongoing.

"I recognised him (Nour) immediately. He was the photographer who was brought in to take our photos [during captivity]. He works with the kidnappers. He knows them very well," Mr Ibrahim told the Star.

The Star claimed it had independently confirmed the identity of Nour, who reportedly acted as the spokesman for the kidnappers. The Telegraph has not confirmed the men's identities.

Today, Mr McCain's office said that no one who met with the senator identified themselves by those names. "None of the individuals the senator planned to meet with was named Mohamad Nour or Abu Ibrahim," a spokesman said. "A number of other Syrian commanders joined the meeting, but none of them identified himself as Mohamad Nour or Abu Ibrahim."

The spokesman said that if the man in the photograph turned out to be Nour it would be "regrettable": "If the individual photographed with Senator McCain is in fact Mohamed Nour, that is regrettable. But it would be ludicrous to suggest that the senator in any way condones the kidnapping of Lebanese Shia pilgrims or has any communication with those responsible. Senator McCain condemns such heinous actions in the strongest possible terms."

The controversy came one day after Mr McCain said that officials can tell the difference between rebels and extremists are in Syria.

Speaking on CNN, the Arizona senator said that he is confident the United States can send weapons to fighters in Syria without the risk they will fall into the wrong hands.

"We can identify who these people are. We can help the right people," he said.

Mr McCain, a Republican, is an outspoken advocate for US military aid to the rebels fighting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and has angrily denounced Democratic President Barack Obama for shying away from deeper US involvement in the conflict, which has claimed 80,000 lives.

Critics of some lawmakers' push to arm the rebels have expressed concerns that weapons could end up in the hands of militants who might eventually end up using them against the United States or its allies.

Mr McCain said such radical fighters make up only a small part of the rebels forces.

He said he was escorted during his visit on Monday by General Salem Idris, leader of the Supreme Military Council of the Free Syrian Army, and that he had a long meeting with Gen Idris and a group of his battalion commanders.

"They're very disturbed about the dramatic influx of Hizbollah fighters, more Iranians and of course stepped up activities of Bashar Assad," Mr McCain said.

US public opinion is strongly against direct military involvement in Syria, but Mr McCain said no one, including Gen Idris and his commanders, wants American "boots on the ground".

However, he said the rebel forces made clear they want US weapons. "Their message was ... They do not understand. They do not understand why we won't help them," Mr McCain said.

Edited at telegraph.co.uk by Sarah Titterton

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10089697/John-McCain-denies-he-knowingly-posed-with-with-rebel-kidnappers-in-Syria.html

@notme. Guess you know he didn't resign because he didn't want that Special Election that would have had to have been held if he had quit before the end of May. With the changing demographics in AZ, that seat might not be secure. Now Gov. Ducey  will get a chance to appoint somebody. A Republican somebody. And that somebody won't be vulnerable until 2020. The Trumpsters are pushing hard for one of their own. They'd love to get their old rival's spot.

12 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Maybe you have a 6th sense? :)

There are medical treatments available for rich powerful people that are not available for regular people. That is one of the reasons evil leaders tend to live longer than the average person. 

Their money buys them comforts, healthy foods, best health care etc, why wouldn't they live longer...

It also avoided the special election...