Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
YungHijazi

My laziness is preventing me from praying. Need help.

Rate this topic

My laziness has been preventing me from praying and it's been only getting worse these last 2 months...

I need some serious help getting back into doing it because I feel like im degrading spiritually, mentally and physically. For some reason I just can't quite put my mind to it and do it I don't know why but I find it so damn difficult.

I know some of you are gonna think "this is stupid and not that serious", but its gotten so bad for me that I need to ask here for help.

Does anyone know what I should do? Tips, advice, or maybe even direct me to some verses in the quran that describes this problem or maybe even offer the soloution.

Whenever I feel lazy, I do several things. First try to wake up next day early (like 5am or earlier), and do not sleep until night. It gives you energy during the day. Second, is exercising and taking shower. One thing that gives energy is also talking with successful people. It gives you inspiration to work harder during the day. Don't be alone at home. It makes you lazier. Going to the mosque and participating in the programs and helping the mosque to run the programs like cleaning dishes in the mosque kitchen, bringing tea for people, reciting dua, etc. all these social activities keep you away from laziness. Just doing dua doesn't solve your problem for sure.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

2 hours ago, YungHijazi said:

My laziness has been preventing me from praying and it's been only getting worse these last 2 months...

I need some serious help getting back into doing it because I feel like im degrading spiritually, mentally and physically. For some reason I just can't quite put my mind to it and do it I don't know why but I find it so damn difficult.

I know some of you are gonna think "this is stupid and not that serious", but its gotten so bad for me that I need to ask here for help.

Does anyone know what I should do? Tips, advice, or maybe even direct me to some verses in the quran that describes this problem or maybe even offer the soloution.

You might think this will not work but it will - don't eat until you've prayed.

Laziness is a bad habit resulted from lack of priority and time management.  Schedule and pack your daily activities (jncluding your sleeping time and duration) until you feel that you dont have enough time.   Then prioritize your time management.  Slot in your prayer times. 

My tip is going to be quite weird lol but, when I find myself struggling to get up for fajr, I remind myself mentally I'm battling the shaytan, and being a competitive-natured guy I curse him and think 'I'm not letting you beat me back to sleep and prevent me from praying' etc., that mental convo usually makes me mad enough to spring out of bed to pray, perhaps this will help you at times during the day. May Allah make it easy for you.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

looks like you need reminders.

Set your alarm during salat time.

put adthan on your phone and set its time to go off.

familiarize the ahadiths of salat from the beginning of time.

get off the internet when salat is approaching.

Just like you wouldn't miss an important appointment, don't let anything distract you with having your appointment with Allah.  Learn to prepare yourself before salat, going to the bathroom, putting out the prayer rug, doing wudu. putting on cologne, clean prayer clothes....

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

On 8/24/2018 at 2:30 AM, YungHijazi said:

I know some of you are gonna think "this is stupid and not that serious"

Salam we don't think is stupid ,this is my problem too but i fight with it , one of best application as reminder that i use is Azangoo that available both for android & ios  that is a shia app  with good design that supports English , Farsi & Arabic

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salman.azangoo&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salman.azangoo&hl=fa

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/azangoo/id813162815?mt=8

Edited by Ashvazdanghe