Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Muslim96

Eid al Adha

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

But again, did prophet ever stored sacrificial meat in freezer? 

:) The hottest selling thing now a days in Pakistan are deep freezers. The place where people put their sacrifices and ignoring the command of "infaq".

9 minutes ago, 786:) said:

. I am pretty sure he would've made it a point to mention Ghadeer as the greatest day

It is said by Ahlulbayt  (as) that tonight & tomorrow have greater reward than Ghadr if sins of anybody not forgiven in Ghadir night he/she  has high chance that his/her sins forgiven tonight & tomorrow 

Also for us Eid Al adha has more meaning than Sunnis because it relates to sacrifice of Imam Hussain (as) then  Eid Al-Ghadir & after that Muharram Arbaeen comes after this Eid. 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

7 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

:) The hottest selling thing now a days in Pakistan are deep freezers. The place where people put their sacrifices and ignoring the command of "infaq".

Nothing different in my country. How people forget the 3 parts of sacrifice. 

If we see the two major events which we Muslims usually celebrate as eid. One of them comes right after the blessed month of Ramadhan from which we can learn to practice patience while the other comes after the hajj from which we can learn to sacrifice everything precious in the way of God. 

We see these two at their peak i.e., patience & sacrifice, in Karbala. 

7 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

It is said by Ahlulbayt  (as) that tonight & tomorrow have greater reward than Ghadr if sins of anybody not forgiven in Ghadir night he/she  has high chance that his/her sins forgiven tonight & tomorrow 

I am sorry, but to me that is flat out fabrication. Basic in hadith science is: if it contradicts the Quran then throw it out.

“The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months .” (97:3)

Edited by 786:)

1 minute ago, 786:) said:

The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months .” (97:3)

This is true but this night is equal to at least 80 Ghadr nights it depends  on you to accept it or not Btw it's better that we benefit from tonight & tomorrow  instead of doing nothing even it's not equal to Ghadr doing thsee duas & Ammals doesn't hurt anybody also maybe we can receive some reward of Hajj reward InshaAllah. 

Ghadeer is very special day for mo'mineen and it is specific for mo'mineen only. 

That's why Muslimeen never celebrate that day as Eid.

For a mo'min, Prophet's words "mun kunto mowla" followed by divine words "Alyowma akmalto lakum deenokum...." serves as greatest day, a day which causes "yafrahul mominoon"

Surah Ar-Room, Verse 4:
فِي بِضْعِ سِنِينَ لِلَّهِ الْأَمْرُ مِن قَبْلُ وَمِن بَعْدُ وَيَوْمَئِذٍ يَفْرَحُ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ

Within a few years. Allah's is the command before and after; and on that day the believers shall rejoice,
(English - Shakir)

See this is although not related to ghadeer, but mentioning a day on which mo'mineen shall rejoice. Similarly, ghadeer is the day on which mo'mineen rejoice.

35 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Also, I know most of you guys hate me on here, but I promise I'm not a troll that most think I am.

I don't think people here hate you. Perhaps annoyed with some of your ideas. 

Can I ask you something, why do you put forth your ideas here when you know that most people here don't agree with you? What do you get out of it? I'm just curious. If I believed wahabis were wrong, I wouldn't bother joining a wahabi site trying to convince wahabis otherwise. 

3 hours ago, 786:) said:

This day is awfully close to “Eid al Akbar” aka Ghadeer. So this eid loses its luster in the Shi’a communities as most communities allocate most of their resources to celebrate Eid e Ghadeer.

Do I agree with it? No, but that is just what I have observed over the years. Minority groups tend to emphasize what makes them unique and de-emphasize their commonalities with the majority. This dynamic is also at play with Adha and Ghadeer.

Sorry brother this is not the case.

10 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

I don't think people here hate you. Perhaps annoyed with some of your ideas. 

Can I ask you something, why do you put forth your ideas here when you know that most people here don't agree with you? What do you get out of it? I'm just curious. If I believed wahabis were wrong, I wouldn't bother joining a wahabi site trying to convince wahabis otherwise. 

Because I used to hold the same views as most of you. Then I just realized that Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى or his Messenger سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى weren't trying to fool us and see how many they can collectively lead to hellfire. I realized God wasn't as petty as we made him out to be--arms folded/open or wash/wipe feet. The pettiness is a result of the creation not the creator. Islam is above all of this pettiness.

So I guess to answer your question, I am just trying to see your side of it by engaging in dialogue. Because when I held those views, it was simply because I was born into it. Also, to be clear I see similar biases and pettiness in Ahlul Sunnah. So I just dont associate myself to a certain sect as no sect has exclusive rights on the Quran, Sunnah or Ahlul Bayt (as). I think theres things to learn--good and bad--from all sects.

So I hope that answers yours question and erases any ideas that I am some wahhabi or salafi troll. On shiachat, if you question Ya Ali Madad, then that means you are a Saudi funded troll. Supposedly, one cannot sincerely question that practice when searching for the truth as truth lies within that practice... lol its pretty silly and of course petty.

11 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Because I used to hold the same views as most of you. Then I just realized that Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى or his Messenger سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى weren't trying to fool us and see how many they can collectively lead to hellfire. I realized God wasn't as petty as we made him out to be--arms folded/open or wash/wipe feet. The pettiness is a result of the creation not the creator. Islam is above all of this pettiness.

So I guess to answer your question, I am just trying to see your side of it by engaging in dialogue. Because when I held those views, it was simply because I was born into it. Also, to be clear I see similar biases and pettiness in Ahlul Sunnah. So I just dont associate myself to a certain sect as no sect has exclusive rights on the Quran, Sunnah or Ahlul Bayt (as). I think theres things to learn--good and bad--from all sects.

So I hope that answers yours question and erases any ideas that I am some wahhabi or salafi troll. On shiachat, if you question Ya Ali Madad, then that means you are a Saudi funded troll. Supposedly, one cannot sincerely question that practice when searching for the truth as truth lies within that practice... lol its pretty silly and of course petty.

Well I believe you are misguided unfortunately. I don't hate you. I feel sorry for you as I think you are in loss.

Think about this,

1. If we are right and you wrong, then we win in the akhira and you lose.

2. If you are right and we wrong, then we both win in the akhira. 

Now, which choice is the smartest one for you? I think it's quite obvious. Follow our suggestion (nr 1).

Maybe you just need to sit down with a knowledgeable sheikh and discuss your doubts and ideas. 

I also suggest that you pray to Allah SWT sincerely for guidance from your heart. I did that at one point and Allah SWT answered my prayer and I now know this path is the right one.

3 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

2. If you are right and we wrong, then we both win in the akhira.

Lol sure. Even if I disregard some of the disturbing doctrine such as wilayat al taqweena. I can’t get past the practices that consumes the Shi’a masses like tatbir and walking on fire.

5 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Lol sure. Even if I disregard some of the disturbing doctrine such as wilayat al taqweena. I can’t get past the practices that consumes the Shi’a masses like tatbir and walking on fire.

Don't get hung up on minor details. Sure ask questions, but know that not all true knowledge has been revealed to us yet. 

I'm not a fan of tatbir. I have never heard of shias walking on fire. Anyway. Neither makes me question my faith. 

In the end it is your soul. Do with it what you want. If someone offers you a rope when you're drowning and you don't take it then that is entirely up to you. One can never help someone who doesn't want to help himself.

Good luck.

3 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

All Eids are important but not more than the day when Holy Prophet (sawa) declare Imam Ali's (a.s.) Wilayat on people. 

Eid-e-Ghadeer or Eid-e-Akbar is the greatest of Eids in a Shia calendar whether you like it or not. 

So for you that is more important that Eid ul Fitr after the Holy Month of Ramadan?

10 minutes ago, Muslim96 said:

So for you that is more important that Eid ul Fitr after the Holy Month of Ramadan?

Of course Eid Al-Fitr is more important :D (not serious). It happens to be my Islamic birthday.

Edited by Carlzone

2 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Of course Eid Al-Fitr is more important :D (not serious). It happens to be my Islamic birthday.

Great day for that!

But now a serious answer please. Are things mentioned in the Holy Quran, the word of Allah swt., less important than other days for you?

2 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

If anyone still feels there isn't enough said about Eid-e-Ghadeer, please read through this 40 selected Ahadith among innumerable. 

https://www.al-islam.org/forty-ahadith-ghadir-mahmud-sharifi

It is also sad that that big site does not have a topic about Eid ul Adha..

At least I did not find it. That is really sad..

1 minute ago, Muslim96 said:

It is also sad that that big site does not have a topic about Eid ul Adha..

At least I did not find it. That is really sad..

Lol read my first reply to your original post and it will all make sense. It’s the minority effect. Emphasize difference.

6 minutes ago, Muslim96 said:

Great day for that!

But now a serious answer please. Are things mentioned in the Holy Quran, the word of Allah swt., less important than other days for you?

As I'm not a scholar I can only refer to what our scholars say on this issue. You have to ask them. 

For me personally they are all Eids. I have never put them in a hierarchy or thought about this before. I don't feel that this is a crucial matter. Just celebrating and being happy works fine. 

1 minute ago, Carlzone said:

As I'm not a scholar I can only refer to what our scholars say on this issue. You have to ask them. 

For me personally they are all Eids. I have never put them in a hierarchy or thought about this before. I don't feel that this is a crucial matter. Just celebrating and being happy works fine. 

I think it matters. Islam is a deen centered around the creator سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. You’ll find many times, the Shi’a culture gravitates more towards the creation than the creator. I’m strictly talking culture and not aqeedah in this matter. I find the sunnah culture to be more creator centric and hence more authentic. I know people will not like me saying that, but just ponder over it for a second.

This can also be realized in the Eids. More attention and status given to Ghadeer (celebration of Imam Ali (as)) over Adha (celebration of God’s mercy). Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. This is my observations.

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Also for us Eid Al adha has more meaning than Sunnis because it relates to sacrifice of Imam Hussain (as) then  Eid Al-Ghadir & after that Muharram Arbaeen comes after this Eid. 

:salam:

Quran mentions Laylat al Qadr in such a way, I do not understand how people who read it can rely so much on uncertain traditions...

9 minutes ago, 786:) said:

I think it matters. Islam is a deen centered around the creator سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. You’ll find many times, the Shi’a culture gravitates more towards the creation than the creator. I’m strictly talking culture and not aqeedah in this matter. I find the sunnah culture to be more creator centric and hence more authentic. I know people will not like me saying that, but just ponder over it for a second.

This can also be realized in the Eids. More attention and status given to Ghadeer (celebration of Imam Ali (as)) over Adha (celebration of God’s mercy). Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. This is my observations.

The Quran states that the majority follows the wrong path and the minority follows the right path. Sunni are majority and Shia minority. Draw conclusions. 

1 minute ago, 786:) said:

Mm I'd rather follow a person who I know for a fact knows the right way, rather than try to find that way myself and get lost, that's why it may seem to you some of us "gravitate" more to the creation. Allah is at the top, no question, everything exists because of Allah, but if we followed our own minds in finding our creator we would get lost as the entire human history has so clearly shown.

We shouldn't be so arrogant as to think we can interpret all the verses ourselves, we need infallible people who protect the infallible message to interpret it for us.

As for your earlier comment about certain differences in practices across sects being "petty", I would say that's very insulting to the Prophet (pbuhf) who has brought us Islam in a perfect form rather than a varied form. There is nothing petty about try to worship Allah in the correct way, rather than each person making their own way of worshipping Allah. I could come out and decide to pray while I lay down in bed rather than go through all the motions to give you an extreme example - would this still be petty in your eyes or would you call me a lost soul?

Anyway back to the point, a day in which a religion is perfected must be a magnanimous day, how magnanimous? Dunno but apparently from the hadith I read today it seems pretty amazing. Regardless, issues like how great is it compared to other holidays or how come some shia do tatbir shouldn't be the reason you decide on what is truth, now that's petty.

Just now, Carlzone said:

The Quran states that the majority follows the wrong path and the minority follows the right path. Sunni are majority and Shia minority. Draw conclusions. 

What if there’s relative truth in both and absolute truth in the middle? Draw conclusions lol. Quran doesn’t speak of sects. It speaks in terms of deeds of the individuals. And based on that majority will be on the wrong path.

2 minutes ago, 786:) said:

What if there’s relative truth in both and absolute truth in the middle? Draw conclusions lol. Quran doesn’t speak of sects. It speaks in terms of deeds of the individuals. And based on that majority will be on the wrong path.

Truth is absolute and not a relative mess.

And most of Muslims follow Sunni so they are not the right way to go. Crystal clear.

37 minutes ago, Muslim96 said:

May I interject and ask, do you make such judgements and interpretations from your own mind only? As in, for your example, do you decide based off what you read what days are more or less important?

@786:)

Check this out:

"It is related on the authority of Sulaym bin Qays al-Hilali that he said to the Prince of Believers, peace be on him: Verily I have heard from Salman, Miqdad and Abu Dharr some explanations of the Qur'an and the traditions of the Prophet different from what are generally known to the people.1And I have heard from you a corroboration of what I heard from them.

And I know that there are many things current among the people regarding the explanation of the Qur'an and the traditions of the Prophet, to which you (the Imams) are opposed, and you assert that all that is false. Is it possible that the people attribute a lie2 to the Prophet of Allah deliberately, and give explanations according to their own opinions?

(The reporter) says: And 'Ali, on whom be peace, said: You have asked (a question), so now hearken to its reply. Verily the people at large possess the truth and the falsehood; the abrogating (nasikh) and the abrogated (mansukh) verses; the special and the general; the definite (muhkam) and the ambiguous (mutashabih); the well remembered (hifz) and the doubtful (wahm).

Even in the lifetime of the Prophet, on whom be peace, people attributed to the Prophet things which were not true, until (matters reached such a stage that) he rose to address the people and said: O people, the number of perjurers against me has increased; now he who speaks a falsehood against me intentionally, let him prepare3for himself a place in Hell. Thereafter falsehoods were told against him after his death.

All traditions have come to you from one of four sources, and there is not a fifth. First, the hypocrite (munafiq) professing the faith, simulating Islam,4 who does not regard it as a sin, and does not care if he speaks an untruth against the Prophet intentionally. Now if people knew that he was a mendacious hypocrite, they would neither have accepted anything from him, nor would they have considered him truthful.

But they said: Here is a man who associated with the Messenger of Allah5 and who saw and heard him. Therefore they accepted (traditions) from him, not knowing his real attitude. And Allah has given tidings regarding the hypocrites and described them with clarity. For He says, Great is He as a Speaker:

“And when thou seest them, their figures please thee; and if they speak thou givest ear unto their speech. (They are) as though they were blocks of wood in striped cloaks” (Qur'an 63:4).6

They (the hypocrites) then split up in factions after the Prophet, and found favor7 with the leaders of destruction and inviters towards the Fire, by means of deception and falsehood and calumny. They assigned them offices,8 enjoyed the wealth of the world through them and bore them (hypocrites) upon the necks of people. For people, generally - save those whom Allah has protected9 -follow the kings and the worldly path. This is the first of the four types."

Read more here:

https://www.al-islam.org/a-shiite-creed-shaykh-saduq/concerning-two-divergent-traditions

50 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

As for your earlier comment about certain differences in practices across sects being "petty", I would say that's very insulting to the Prophet (pbuhf) who has brought us Islam in a perfect form rather than a varied form. There is nothing petty about try to worship Allah in the correct way, rather than each person making their own way of worshipping Allah. I could come out and decide to pray while I lay down in bed rather than go through all the motions to give you an extreme example - would this still be petty in your eyes or would you call me a lost soul?

Yes indeed:

“And whatsoever the Messenger giveth you, take it. And whatsoever he forbiddeth, abstain (from it)” (Qur'an 59:7).

1 hour ago, Carlzone said:

Truth is absolute and not a relative mess.

And most of Muslims follow Sunni so they are not the right way to go. Crystal clear.

I’m starting to think you aren’t well versed in English. Of course haqq e illahi is absolute but no one sect has it in its absolute sense. Please refrain from twisting my words. You know damn well what I mean.

1 hour ago, dragonxx said:

May I interject and ask, do you make such judgements and interpretations from your own mind only? As in, for your example, do you decide based off what you read what days are more or less important?

No I listen to what Allah swt. says in the Holy Quran. If he says A and not B then A is more important than B. And that is not my intepretation he clearly taught us about the sacrifice.

Edited by Muslim96

7 minutes ago, 786:) said:

I’m starting to think you aren’t well versed in English. Of course haqq e illahi is absolute but no one sect has it in its absolute sense. Please refrain from twisting my words. You know damn well what I mean.

Two sects have taken different paths. One of them will be the follower of truth while the other isn't (even if it has elements of truth mixed in it). Imam Ali was with the truth while the Sunni rulers were with falsehood. 

When imam Mahdi a.a.f reappears he will correct the faults of fallible human beings in the way of religion. Shia will still be the right path and the way of truth.

You can believe in Santa Claus if you want. It doesn't affect me. Its your soul. I know I'm following the right sect alhamdolillah weshokorr. I hope you will decide to save your soul.

Anyway back to the point, a day in which a religion is perfected must be a magnanimous day, how magnanimous? Dunno but apparently from the hadith I read today it seems pretty amazing. Regardless, issues like how great is it compared to other holidays or how come some shia do tatbir shouldn't be the reason you decide on what is truth, now that's petty.

Bro, mainstream Shia do things that degrades the Prophet's (saw) message and deen. This is not petty. Slicing up a baby's head and showcasing it to the world is not petty I am sorry to say. This is a serious issue as it is damaging to Islam. However, whether someone folds or open arms it is petty because to each variant's adherent sincerely believes their way is how the Prophet (saw) used to pray. End goal is to worship the creator. If you think Allah (saw) will send a group to hell depending on whether they folded or opened their arms speaks about your version of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. No one who cuts their baby's head open believes it to be the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw). See the difference? So do not mix and match the issues. It is far from a petty issue.

Mm I'd rather follow a person who I know for a fact knows the right way, rather than try to find that way myself and get lost, that's why it may seem to you some of us "gravitate" more to the creation. Allah is at the top, no question, everything exists because of Allah, but if we followed our own minds in finding our creator we would get lost as the entire human history has so clearly shown.

We shouldn't be so arrogant as to think we can interpret all the verses ourselves, we need infallible people who protect the infallible message to interpret it for us.

I agree with you that we should follow an infallible. Guess what? You and I dont have access to an infallible now. So what now? So we find ourselves in the same problem. Your solution played itself out in 250ish years. The last 1200 years the people have had to decide haq and batil based off what fulan ibn fulan said. I mentioned this the other day. There wouldnt be factions within the Shia if your solution worked. Ponder over it.

25 minutes ago, Muslim96 said:

No I listen to what Allah swt. says in the Holy Quran. If he says A and not B then A is more important than B. And that is not my intepretation he clearly taught us about the sacrifice.

Huh? He taught us? Allah teaches and inspires each of us directly? Where did the quran compare, for example, laylatul qadr is superior than another specific night?

Forget the sacrifice, in a general sense, do you come to conclusions regarding the Quran exclusively on your sole understanding and interpretation?

Edited by dragonxx
typo

20 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Two sects have taken different paths. One of them will be the follower of truth while the other isn't (even if it has elements of truth mixed in it). Imam Ali was with the truth while the Sunni rulers were with falsehood. 

When imam Mahdi a.a.f reappears he will correct the faults of fallible human beings in the way of religion. Shia will still be the right path and the way of truth.

You can believe in Santa Claus if you want. It doesn't affect me. Its your soul. I know I'm following the right sect alhamdolillah weshokorr. I hope you will decide to save your soul.

okay mr. black and white. Its not that simple. Theres alot of elements in it. If you think Imam Mahdi will not clean things up with the Shia too then you are on drugs. You think he will keep the barbaric ashura rituals? Or you of the thought that he will partake in them lol--because I have heard that too.

Edited by 786:)

10 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Bro, mainstream Shia do things that degrades the Prophet's (saw) message and deen. This is not petty. Slicing up a baby's head and showcasing it to the world is not petty I am sorry to say. This is a serious issue as it is damaging to Islam.

I never said those issues are petty, I clearly said that you coming to conclusions regarding truth based off what nonsense other people do is petty.

However, whether someone folds or open arms it is petty because to each variant's adherent sincerely believes their way is how the Prophet (saw) used to pray.

Indeed, assuming it is sincere. It's another story when it comes to the scholars who know the truth and yet continue to promote the contrary.

If you think Allah (saw) will send a group to hell depending on whether they folded or opened their arms speaks about your version of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. 

Never said or implied that. But individuals who belittle the matter will have to answer for their belittling, not saying they will go to hell but it is something that will be questioned.

No one who cuts their baby's head open believes it to be the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw). See the difference? So do not mix and match the issues. It is far from a petty issue.

Dunno why this keeps coming up in a discussion regarding the importance of Eid.

I agree with you that we should follow an infallible. Guess what? You and I dont have access to an infallible now. So what now? So we find ourselves in the same problem. Your solution played itself out in 250ish years. The last 1200 years the people have had to decide haq and batil based off what fulan ibn fulan said. I mentioned this the other day. There wouldnt be factions within the Shia if your solution worked. Ponder over it.

We have access to 1000s of books and scholars. If scientists can research and do meta-analyses for a rare genetic disease, why can't we put the same effort to do the same with religion? Surely Allah leaves a path for those seeking it?

Of course there are factions, and there always will be, because not everyone is able to put aside their personal desires and genuinely accept truth, while there are others who don't have the necessary mental capacity and/or access to come to such conclusions. Allah will judge accordingly. But not having a physical being to run to is not an excuse for not reviewing literature and coming to very basic conclusions of who to listen to and who not to listen to. Otherwise, why would anyone pray the way they do if we can't find any sort of truth, might as well pray your own way if we don't have an infallible physically present to show us how to pray.

Edited by dragonxx