Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salam.

When is Eid? Which Marja says what?

Also, why did nobody post about Eid? I noticed that while for Sunnis it is a very important day, Shias do not pay that much attention to this day as can be seen here. That is sad in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 August actually Shia only celebrating Sunni are just eating meat mutton beef watching haram movies and bombing mosques 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This day is awfully close to “Eid al Akbar” aka Ghadeer. So this eid loses its luster in the Shi’a communities as most communities allocate most of their resources to celebrate Eid e Ghadeer.

Do I agree with it? No, but that is just what I have observed over the years. Minority groups tend to emphasize what makes them unique and de-emphasize their commonalities with the majority. This dynamic is also at play with Adha and Ghadeer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 786:) said:

This day is awfully close to “Eid al Akbar” aka Ghadeer. So this eid loses its luster in the Shi’a communities as most communities allocate most of their resources to celebrate Eid e Ghadeer.

Do I agree with it? No, but that is just what I have observed over the years. Minority groups tend to emphasize what makes them unique and de-emphasize their commonalities with the majority. This dynamic is also at play with Adha and Ghadeer.

True. But its one of the Eids mentioned in the Quran so one of the most important days we have. It is sad the Shia community does not see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Muslim96 said:

True. But its one of the Eids mentioned in the Quran so one of the most important days we have. It is sad the Shia community does not see that.

100% agree. You will have those who will tell you otherwise due to sectarianism. It is the sectarianism that has undermined this auspicious day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 786:) said:

This day is awfully close to “Eid al Akbar” aka Ghadeer. So this eid loses its luster in the Shi’a communities as most communities allocate most of their resources to celebrate Eid e Ghadeer.

Do I agree with it? No, but that is just what I have observed over the years. Minority groups tend to emphasize what makes them unique and de-emphasize their commonalities with the majority. This dynamic is also at play with Adha and Ghadeer.

All Eids are important but not more than the day when Holy Prophet (sawa) declare Imam Ali's (a.s.) Wilayat on people. 

Eid-e-Ghadeer or Eid-e-Akbar is the greatest of Eids in a Shia calendar whether you like it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

All Eids are important but not more than the day when Holy Prophet (sawa) declare Imam Ali's (a.s.) Wilayat on people. 

Eid-e-Ghadeer or Eid-e-Akbar is the greatest of Eids in a Shia calendar whether you like it or not. 

I disagree, but if that helps you sleep at night then I will let you have it. :) Eid Mubarak!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eid al Adha Mubarak to all Momeneen. 

Which is the most important Eid for a Shia? 

The Prophet (s) said,

"the day of Ghadir Khumm is the best eid of my umma (people) and that is the day God the Almighty ordered to appoint my brother Ali b. Abi Talib (a) as the standard-bearer of my umma; so that, people will be guided by him after I pass away; and that is the day God perfected the religion and completed blessings upon my umma and chose Islam as their religion."[9]

 

Also, Imam al-Sadiq (a) said,

"the day of Ghadir Khumm is the grand eid of God. God has not sent any prophet unless he has celebrated this eid, and has glorified it. And its name in the heavens is the day of covenant and on the earth is the day of solemn covenant and public presence."[10]

In another hadith from Imam al-Sadiq (a), he regarded Eid al-Ghadir the greatest and most glorious eid of Muslims, in every hour of which, they need to thank God; and that people fast the day to show their gratitude and that fasting the day equals 60 years of worship."[11]

 

Imam al-Rida (a) said,

"the Day of Ghadir is more popular among the dwellers of heavens than among the people of the earth… If people knew the value of this day, undoubtedly angels would shake hands with them ten times a day."[12]

 

For references follow the link below

http://en.mobile.wikishia.net/index.php/Eid_al-Ghadir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t care for Shi’a/Sunni. Both side has been inflicted with bias and corruption. Stick to Quran and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (saw) and his progeny (as).

heres a test: find me one narration of Imam Ali (as) celebrating Ghadeer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Eid al Adha Mubarak to all Momeneen. 

Which is the most important Eid for a Shia? 

The Prophet (s) said,

"the day of Ghadir Khumm is the best eid of my umma (people) and that is the day God the Almighty ordered to appoint my brother Ali b. Abi Talib (a) as the standard-bearer of my umma; so that, people will be guided by him after I pass away; and that is the day God perfected the religion and completed blessings upon my umma and chose Islam as their religion."[9]

 

Also, Imam al-Sadiq (a) said,

"the day of Ghadir Khumm is the grand eid of God. God has not sent any prophet unless he has celebrated this eid, and has glorified it. And its name in the heavens is the day of covenant and on the earth is the day of solemn covenant and public presence."[10]

In another hadith from Imam al-Sadiq (a), he regarded Eid al-Ghadir the greatest and most glorious eid of Muslims, in every hour of which, they need to thank God; and that people fast the day to show their gratitude and that fasting the day equals 60 years of worship."[11]

 

Imam al-Rida (a) said,

"the Day of Ghadir is more popular among the dwellers of heavens than among the people of the earth… If people knew the value of this day, undoubtedly angels would shake hands with them ten times a day."[12]

 

For references follow the link below

http://en.mobile.wikishia.net/index.php/Eid_al-Ghadir

It wasn’t too hard to fabricate hadiths you know... also, the basic test for Hadith is if it aligns with Quran. Please explain how this can be backed up with an ayat. If anything, Quran makes Al-Adha the greatest eid. So what takes precedence? Quran or Hadith?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 786:) said:

It wasn’t too hard to fabricate hadiths you know.

Very shallow claim. Since you believe that these hadith could be fabricated, onus on you to prove it. 

6 minutes ago, 786:) said:

also, the basic test for Hadith is if it aligns with Quran. Please explain how this can be backed up with an ayat.

"Today I have perfected your religion and completed my favour upon you, and I was satisfied that Islam be your religion." (Qur'an 5:3)

Well, there cannot be a greater day than when the religion was completed. 

13 minutes ago, 786:) said:

If anything, Quran makes Al-Adha the greatest eid.

I would like to see that verse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Prophet (saw) is out of the equation because he passed away before the following year’s Ghadeer.

But fine, I’ll give you til Imam Hussain (as). If you can find a narration which says Imam Ali (as), Hassan (as) or Hussain (as) celebrated this.

Im not saying I don’t trust the other imams. Rather I just don’t trust their historical periods as their was much more room for corruption in the chains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Rather I just don’t trust their historical periods as their was much more room for corruption in the chains.

So many subjects have been discussed in the time of later Imams. From your logic, we'll be loosing most of the things including fiqh e Jafar (a.s.).

33 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Holy Prophet (saw) is out of the equation because he passed away before the following year’s Ghadeer.

Why do you think that we cannot celebrate this Eid? 

Even after showing ahadith and verses you are searching for excuses. Good luck with your Imaan (ايمان). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Holy Prophet (saw) is out of the equation because he passed away before the following year’s Ghadeer.

But fine, I’ll give you til Imam Hussain (as). If you can find a narration which says Imam Ali (as), Hassan (as) or Hussain (as) celebrated this.

Im not saying I don’t trust the other imams. Rather I just don’t trust their historical periods as their was much more room for corruption in the chains.

Doesnt make much sense, because hadith were not collected at all during the rule of the first two caliphs (rather it was forbidden and anything considered to be a written hadith was burnt) and that corruption in narrations can be traced even to the earliest part of a chain (eg. Abu Hurayrah). Later eras were not more or less corrupt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Why do you think that we cannot celebrate this Eid? 

Oh that is your assumption. You can celebrate whatever you please. Your child's day of birth can be an eid for you. No issue. However, when we start to undermine eids that the Holy Messenger (saw) celebrated in favor of eids that have no trace of Rasoolallah (saw) celebrating, that is a red flag--to me at least. As for later imams celebrating it, I am not sure I buy that as they were meant to be a reflection of Rasoolallah's sunnah and not an addition/continuation of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 786:) said:

Oh that is your assumption. You can celebrate whatever you please. Your child's day of birth can be an eid for you. No issue. However, when we start to undermine eids that the Holy Messenger (saw) celebrated in favor of eids that have no trace of Rasoolallah (saw) celebrating, that is a red flag--to me at least. As for later imams celebrating it, I am not sure I buy that as they were meant to be a reflection of Rasoolallah's sunnah and not an addition/continuation of it.

The next time you go to Hajj please get a Camel because prophet didn't board a plane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

would like to see that verse. 

Lets see what is Eid ul Adha:

"Eid al-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحى‎, translit. ʿīd al-ʾaḍḥā, lit. 'Feast of the Sacrifice', [ʕiːd ælˈʔɑdˤħæː]), also called the "Festival of Sacrifice", is the second of two Islamic holidays celebrated worldwide each year (the other being Eid al-Fitr), and considered the holier of the two. It honors the willingness of Ibrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his son as an act of obedience to God’s command. Before Abraham could sacrifice his son, God provided a ram to sacrifice instead. In commemoration of this, an animal is sacrificed and divided into three parts: one third of the share is given to the poor and needy; another third is given to relatives, friends and neighbors; and the remaining third is retained by the family."

Look at the highlighted/underline part, how many have learned to sacrifice all which has been mentioned as "zeenat" of this worldly life?

It seems to me that majority of Muslims have learned just one lesson from this great event i.e., sacrifice a lamb and put it into the deep freezer. 

Edited by Salsabeel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

I would like to see that verse. 

I stand corrected. There is not explicit verse about Eid al Adha. However, there is about the sacrifice of Abraham, but nothing about the celebration. Apologies for misleading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 786:) said:

However, there is about the sacrifice of Abraham, 

And there is also about another sacrifice i.e., Zibhin Azeem.

Surah As-Saaffat, Verse 107:
وَفَدَيْنَاهُ بِذِبْحٍ عَظِيمٍ

And We ransomed him with a Feat sacrifice.
(English - Shakir)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Salsabeel said:

And there is also about another sacrifice i.e., Zibhin Azeem.

Surah As-Saaffat, Verse 107:
وَفَدَيْنَاهُ بِذِبْحٍ عَظِيمٍ

And We ransomed him with a Feat sacrifice.
(English - Shakir)

He's kinda Quranist. He won't ever understand 'Zibhe Azeem'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sirius_Bright said:

The next time you go to Hajj please get a Camel because prophet didn't board a plane. 

What does that have anything to do with it?

1 hour ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Lol.. How? 

English must be your 4th language. That means I was wrong about my assertion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

It seems to me that majority of Muslims have learned just one lesson from this great event i.e., sacrifice a lamb and put it into the deep freezer

But again, did prophet ever stored sacrificial meat in freezer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 786:) said:

What does that have anything to do with it?

You claim to follow only things that prophet explicitly did. He never celebrated Ghadeer according to you (while he delivered whole sermon on that very day mentioning the day's fazilat as well). Since you try so much to imitate prophet get a camel if you plan for a Hajj. Hope that helped you get the analogy. 

3 minutes ago, 786:) said:

English must be your 4th language. That means I was wrong about my assertion.

I read that again. That's drawback of non-verbal communication. Tone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jokes aside, I dont think we can just create eids and call it the greatest day when Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى hasnt said a word about it, thats all. He mentions Laylatul Qadr as the greatest nights. I am pretty sure he would've made it a point to mention Ghadeer as the greatest day. Instead he just left it jummuah for the best day.

Also, I know most of you guys hate me on here, but I promise I'm not a troll that most think I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...