Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Racism

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam aleykom, 

Sometimes I see members here mention a word or two about experiences of racism. 

What are your experiences of racism in the Muslim community? 

How serious is racism regarded as in islam? 
On a humorous note...

Dave Chappelle, a muslim comedian, who i believe is married to an asian woman, has made a comedy clip that I think sums up how ridiculous racism is. In the clip I believe he plays a blind black guy who was adopted to a white family in a racist place and he was never told that he was black. So he thought he was white and learnt to hate blacks and even became the leader of the local KKK not knowing that he himself is black. I think the clip is hilarious but also that it sends an important message as to how ridiculous racism is:

[Video removed]

:hahaha:

Edited by Hameedeh
Inappropriate
  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

I had been subject of recism before because I'm Hazarah. Hazarah people have some common traces with people of Afghanistan. If you look at them, you notice that from their faces. Hazarah people are hard working and sincere, BUT they are subject of racism from some immature Iranian people in Iran and outside of Iran. Afghani people and Hazarah people sometimes being tortured emotionally from the eyes and sharp words of some people in Iran. I remember that a guy at school used to disrespect me just because I'm Hazarah. It's SO unjust. I can't describe how a person feels when he/she is racism subject. People who do racism are small pitiable people.

Racism is a huge topic, and it's pretty common in west. I remember when a bomb attack happened in France, YouTube used France flag on its website. A week before that, there was a terrorist attack in middle east (I think Lebonan), but nobody said anything. This is racism. If they are concerned about humanity, middle easterns are also human. Another example. You probably saw that when an Indian or Afghani person converts to Islam, people are not that much excited compared to when an American person converts to Islam. This is racism. Racism is far more common than what we think. I noticed this a lot that some Iranians think they are much better and more human than Afghani people. So stupid idea. Afghani people and Iranians are talking same language, same religion, and live in almost same geographic location.  My friend who claimed to be religious told me one time:" Amin, whenever I see an Afghani person in the bus, I want to go and beat him". See how inhumane is his comment. I hate racism and people with racism mentality.

This is horrible, unfortunately it doesn't seem as the Muslim community dares to touch upon these issues. Its easier to look the other way. Of course this is not islam, but people who claim to be Muslims engage in such practices. 

I don't think that this will change unless people dare to admit this in the community. And start doing aml bill maaroof and nahi an ilmonkar.

I know an Arab woman. Her son wanted to marry a Pakistani girl. The mother said no because she was racist and said they are darkskinned. She also claimed that he needed her permission to marry. 

I told her that her son doesn't need her permission to marry and that she shouldn't care about the girl's nationality but rather focus on her religiousness. 

Do you think she was happy with my answer? She hated it and kept claiming that he does need her permission. I told her to ask a sheikh which she of course didn't want to. 

Anyway, do you know what happened? Her son married that girl anyway, and after a long process she accepted it and now even says that she likes the girl.

And now her daughter has also married a Pakistani guy. She opposed it as well but her daughter insisted and married him anyway. I guess she will accept it with time.

Edited by Carlzone
  • 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

this banner used by a shop keeper in Çınar city Diyarbakır  in Denizli Province turkey that says no Afghan , Iraqi & Iranian doesn't allow to enter the shop & buy from it 

25b2916b5c49db617f52fa5ea48efee7_658.jpg

he arrested by police of Turkey & banner removed but at that province racism & cruelty toward Syrian refugees increase highly these days in Kale, Denizli province 

http://fa.abna24.com/news/اخبار-اروپا/افزایش-نژادپرستی-در-جامعه-ترکیه-ایرانی-ها،-سوری-ها-و-افغان_742626.html

• Advanced Member

Racism is pretty common in India 

South Indians are typically much darker in complexion compared to North and central Indians and we are often ridiculed for that. 

North Eastern Indian people are of mongoloids and are very badly treated by the rest. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

this banner used by a shop keeper in Çınar city Diyarbakır  in Denizli Province turkey that says no Afghan , Iraqi & Iranian doesn't allow to enter the shop & buy from it 

he arrested by police of Turkey & banner removed but at that province racism & cruelty toward Syrian refugees increase highly these days in Kale, Denizli province 

http://fa.abna24.com/news/اخبار-اروپا/افزایش-نژادپرستی-در-جامعه-ترکیه-ایرانی-ها،-سوری-ها-و-افغان_742626.html

That is outrageous! hayir, olmaz! cok kizginim

• Advanced Member

That reminds me... A friend of mine love Eid-ul-Adha because of Goats(as Zabiha) Her brother brings whitest goat in the whole market(they find it pretty and lovable) My Uncle on the other hand brings most black one(it seems more handsome to him =p)  RACIST :itsok: That's the only event when i see racism here in Pakistan :dry:

I think the problem with racism is that it’s tied to cultural issues/incompatibility of the race/as a whole or of cultural mannerisms that we don’t find acceptable. 

• Advanced Member

I remember once I went to Iran when I was a young child. Once we went to a theme park, and every time we queued up for a ride, when it got to our turn, the person managing the ride would find out were Arab when we were paying for it, and wouldn't let us go on. 

Edited by 2Timeless
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

ride would find out were Arab when we were paying for it, and wouldn't let us go on

During war with Iraq & a period of time  after it Iranians had this ego but it decreased highly after fall of Saddam (la)

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

I remember once I went to Iran when I was a young child. Once we went to a theme park, and every time we queued up for a ride, when it got to our turn, the person managing the ride would find out were Arab when we were paying for it, and wouldn't let us go on. 

I just wanted to clarify: of course this is nothing in comparison to what other people have gone through in terms of racism. This experience hasn't affected me in any way, shape or form. As a child, it upset me, but it's nothing major. I just thought it would be interesting to show people that it's not always as black and white. And the race that's stereotypically racist, can actually be a victim of racism itself. Again, the racism I experienced was extremely minor, but it highlights the racist MENTALITY people have even if it may not have detrimental effects on its victims. 

Edited by 2Timeless
  • Advanced Member

My High School English teacher was very racist to me for some reason. She would always find me an easy target to pick on, especially when she found out that I was Paki. I remember this one time my friend was talking to me during class and she started shouting at me, even though my friend admitted that it was him who was talking.

Everyone in my class use to say how it's so obvious that she's racist and doesn't like me.

It hasn't affected me one bit because my friends would have banter how she literally hates me, and I've learnt to just laugh it off.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans
  • Advanced Member

I've been subjected to racism in Europe and in iran. I used to be shamed for my heritage. I was a very shy child so I used to carry a lot of shame that was not mine. 

Today I'm very proud of my heritage and no one can make me feel shame for my ethnical background whatsoever. And if it happens I'll take them down if I have to. 

• Veteran Member

Islam is very clear on the concept of assabiyah, and it is among the worst sins actually. In his book The Forty Hadith, Khomeini dedicates a whole chapter on Assabiyyah, explaining its roots and its spiritual vices. The whole chapter is very worth reading. I'll share with you the narration with which he starts it:

“Whosoever possesses in his heart ‘asabiyyah (prejudice in any of its forms such as tribalism, racism, nationalism) even to the extent of a mustard seed, God will raise him on the Day of Resurrection with the Bedouins of the Jahiliyyah.” (Al Kafi Vol III)

Racism toward dark skin has been common through the Arab Islamic world almost in all its history, as one can perceive in the sociological works of Ibn Khaldun (this man pretty much disseminated why the hell arabs give so much importance to tribes and blood) and Al Yahiz. The white caucasian race (not white skin per se) was not seen as superior. Among the races that were seen most capable (a better word would be "balanced") in the Muslim world, we could mention the Andalusian, the Berber, the Arabs in the Arab Peninsula and the Sham. White race present in northern Europe was seen as inclined to apathy and lack of words/vivid emotions. Both writes I previously mentioned were well aware that race was product of the climate people lived in. Both were also supporters of the idea of evolution.

As for racism in Europe, it is a sad recurring problem. It is even worse when you add islamophobia to it. One should be well versed and develop a strong character to face the problems that may arise, as they will surely arise sooner or later. I suffered from racism mostly in school, even by teachers. In many cases people haven't identified my race nor knew my name and showed signs of islamophobia and racism towards Arabs, which I felt the need to tell them that I, in fact, am Arab. Once, I was in a taxi, and the guy started criticizing Arabs and Islam, and then homosexuals. I left the taxi without telling him anything, as I didn't even know where to start. It's not always easy, and I didn't want to argue with an idiot.

Edited by Bakir
  • 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Demba Ba cites Quran to support Napoli defender Koulibaly in face of racism

http://en.abna24.com/news//demba-ba-cites-quran-to-support-napoli-defender-koulibaly-in-face-of-racism_922651.html

December 29, 2018 - 6:06 PM News Code : 922651 Source : IQNALink: 

A Senegalese football player cited a verse from the Holy Quran to support his fellow countryman and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly who has been the target of racist abuse. 

“O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. 49:13,” Demba Ba wrote in a Twitter post, citing verse 13 of Surah al-Hujurat. 

Demba Ba is a Senegalese professional footballer who plays as a striker for Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua and the Senegal national team. 

Racist abuse aimed at Koulibaly During Wednesday's 1-0 Serie A defeat at Inter Milan has been called "unacceptable" by UEFA. 

Inter supporters allegedly made animal noises and racist chants at Koulibaly during the match - which also saw one fan killed when he was hit by a car during a violent clash near the stadium before kick-off. 

FIFPro, the world players' union, and European football's governing body said on Friday they applauded the prompt action taken by the Italian league judge, who decided Inter's next two home matches should be played behind closed doors, and included a partial closure for the club's third home game. 

In a joint statement they said the abuse had "no place in football". 

"FIFPro and UEFA are very concerned by this unacceptable racist incident and by what appears on the surface to be a failure to respect the ... anti-racism protocol," the statement read. 

Chelsea manager, and former Napoli boss, Maurizio Sarri is among those who have called for Italy to tackle its "problem", regarding racism in football. 

Luciano Spalletti, Inter's head coach, said it is "the moment to say 'enough' to hatred in football, 'enough' to racism and any form of discrimination in the stadium". 

Spalletti said that Inter were "with Koulibaly, as we are at the side of all those who are targeted during the games". 

On 10/21/2018 at 9:31 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

I don’t blame the guy LOL

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

http://en.abna24.com/news//demba-ba-cites-quran-to-support-napoli-defender-koulibaly-in-face-of-racism_922651.html

December 29, 2018 - 6:06 PM News Code : 922651 Source : IQNALink:  Demba Ba cites Quran to support Napoli defender Koulibaly in face of racism  

A Senegalese football player cited a verse from the Holy Quran to support his fellow countryman and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly who has been the target of racist abuse. 

“O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. 49:13,” Demba Ba wrote in a Twitter post, citing verse 13 of Surah al-Hujurat. 

Demba Ba is a Senegalese professional footballer who plays as a striker for Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua and the Senegal national team. 

Racist abuse aimed at Koulibaly During Wednesday's 1-0 Serie A defeat at Inter Milan has been called "unacceptable" by UEFA. 

Inter supporters allegedly made animal noises and racist chants at Koulibaly during the match - which also saw one fan killed when he was hit by a car during a violent clash near the stadium before kick-off. 

FIFPro, the world players' union, and European football's governing body said on Friday they applauded the prompt action taken by the Italian league judge, who decided Inter's next two home matches should be played behind closed doors, and included a partial closure for the club's third home game. 

In a joint statement they said the abuse had "no place in football". 

"FIFPro and UEFA are very concerned by this unacceptable racist incident and by what appears on the surface to be a failure to respect the ... anti-racism protocol," the statement read. 

Chelsea manager, and former Napoli boss, Maurizio Sarri is among those who have called for Italy to tackle its "problem", regarding racism in football. 

Luciano Spalletti, Inter's head coach, said it is "the moment to say 'enough' to hatred in football, 'enough' to racism and any form of discrimination in the stadium". 

Spalletti said that Inter were "with Koulibaly, as we are at the side of all those who are targeted during the games". 

Is there an article on why the fan was killed ? 

• Advanced Member
24 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Is there an article on why the fan was killed ? 

I don’t search about it 

@Carlzone racism is global and unfortunately seems quite natural. I was born in Europe and grew up here. I was a victim of racism at school then physical abuse in other areas of my life etc. I suffered a lot and felt suicidal. I went tbrough phases of identity crisis at various stages of my life. I wanted to be loved and be excepted. 

The most happiest and enlightening moment of my life were my visits to pakistan as a kid to visit relatives. I felt an acceptance like never before. People loved me for who i was, for the colour of my skin and they were the same. 

However racism still exists in pakistan. If you watch Pakistani tv dramas you will find light skinned people, usually male Afgani, Iranian ancestry playing positive roles. The other day one of these actors on a talk show insulted the host by calling him dark skinned. 

Even in India north Indians and south Indians kill each other because of their different skin colours. The mainstream bollywood film industry is completely different than the south indian film industry. 

Even in islam i have seen talks where the way people reacted to Bilal was seen as racism because he was black. 

Racism is an ugly evil thing it drives people to commit major sins. With all this racism in Europe, people growing up in the west turn evil.

Just look at ISIS and how they raped countless number of light skinned blue eyed females, these are men born and bred in Europe and victims of racism. 

Jazakalah 

• Moderators

I find racism, along with all other forms of arrogance and oppression, sickening.

While visiting my family, a family member made a disparaging comment about Puerto Rico. I responded by looking at him with a confused face and replying, "I don't know. I've never been there." I knew perfectly well he had never been to Puerto Rico either. It worked to silence him at least, though I doubt it changed his thinking. 

• 3 months later...
  • Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Brother @Ashvazdanghe

I just received this hadith.  

I have a hard time believing the part where Rasoul Allah said, black people will not enter Paradise.  As if, Rasoul Allah and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) are racists.  This is the type of haidth that is thrown at the wall.   I wonder if Abu Hurara is behind it.

This also reminds me during majlis of Imam Hussain, how Jon told Imam Hussain that his face is black and Imam Hussain said your face will be white in paradise.  I know Arabs have a history of being racists, but NEVER would I believe Rasoul Allah and his progeny have racism in their hearts.  Our Imams even married black women!

Below is the haidth I received through the Imam REZA English telegram channel.

Once the Holy Prophet (S) told an aged woman that old women will not go to Paradise. She went out and began to weep. When Bilal saw her weeping, he asked about it and she told him what the Holy Prophet (S) had told her. Hearing it Bilal took her to the Holy Prophet (S) and said: “O Messenger of Allah (S)! This woman says you said so and so.”

The Holy Prophet (S) replied: “Yes, and black people will also not enter Paradise.” Hearing it Bilal also began to weep. Meanwhile Abbas also arrived there and inquired about the event. The Holy Prophet (S) said: “An old man will also not go to Paradise.” Abbas also became gloomy. Then the Holy Prophet (S) said: “Allah will recreate them in the best youthful forms before admitting them to Paradise.” [Hayat al-Qulub, Vol. 2]

• Advanced Member

When you focus on racism you will see racism.everywhere.

I know it exists but I will not affect my life by it or adopt a victim-mindset. Some people become mentally paralyzed and passive lacking any kind of ambition believing they've lost before the battle even started.

I believe the world is mine and racism is just one of other countless obstacles like envy and negative mindset to reach our goals.

Edited by Faruk
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Laayla said:

I have a hard time believing the part where Rasoul Allah said, black people will not enter Paradise.  As if, Rasoul Allah and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) are racists.  This is the type of haidth that is thrown at the wall.   I wonder if Abu Hurara is behind it.

I also can't accept that as it appears. If the hadith is valid, there must be some error in translation. To say that an elderly person will enter Paradise in his or her youthful form is just removal of physical flaws. Skin color, eye color, hair texture are normal variability, not flaws. Either this "hadith" is fabricated, or it means something other than how it appears. 

There is no paradise in which every human being is identical. That would not be perfection, therefore can't be Paradise. 

Edited by notme
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Brother @Ashvazdanghe

I just received this hadith.  

This also reminds me during majlis of Imam Hussain, how Jon told Imam Hussain that his face is black and Imam Hussain said your face will be white in paradise.  I know Arabs have a history of being racists, but NEVER would I believe Rasoul Allah and his progeny have racism in their hearts.  Our Imams even married black women!

Below is the haidth I received through the Imam REZA English telegram channel.

Once the Holy Prophet (S) told an aged woman that old women will not go to Paradise. She went out and began to weep. When Bilal saw her weeping, he asked about it and she told him what the Holy Prophet (S) had told her. Hearing it Bilal took her to the Holy Prophet (S) and said: “O Messenger of Allah (S)! This woman says you said so and so.”

The Holy Prophet (S) replied: “Yes, and black people will also not enter Paradise.” Hearing it Bilal also began to weep. Meanwhile Abbas also arrived there and inquired about the event. The Holy Prophet (S) said: “An old man will also not go to Paradise.” Abbas also became gloomy. Then the Holy Prophet (S) said: “Allah will recreate them in the best youthful forms before admitting them to Paradise.” [Hayat al-Qulub, Vol. 2]

It makes me recall this narration, described as an example of how the Prophet would tell jokes yet in a factual manner. Not sure if the one you mentioned is related to it or not.

Hasan Basri radiyallahu anhu says that an old woman came to Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam and made a request, O Messenger of Allah make Dua that Allah grants me entrance into Jannah.

Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam replied, O Mother, an old woman cannot enter Jannah. That woman started crying and began to leave. Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, Say to the woman that one will not enter in a state of old age, but Allah will make all the women of Jannah young virgins. Allah Ta'ala says, Lo! We have created them a (new) creation and made them virgins, lovers, equal in age. (Surah Waaqi'ah, 35-37).

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ بْنُ حُمَيْدٍ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا مُصْعَبُ بْنُ الْمِقْدَامِ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا الْمُبَارِكُ بْنُ فَضَالَةَ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، قَالَ‏:‏ أَتَتْ عَجُوزٌ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم، فَقَالَتْ‏:‏ يَا رَسُولَ اللهِ، ادْعُ اللَّهَ أَنْ يُدْخِلَنِي الْجَنَّةَ، فَقَالَ‏:‏ يَا أُمَّ فُلانٍ، إِنَّ الْجَنَّةَ لا تَدْخُلُهَا عَجُوزٌ، قَالَ‏:‏ فَوَلَّتْ تَبْكِي، فَقَالَ‏:‏ أَخْبِرُوهَا أَنَّهَا لا تَدْخُلُهَا وَهِيَ عَجُوزٌ إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَعَالَى، يَقُولُ‏:‏ إِنَّا أَنْشَأْنَاهُنَّ إِنْشَاءً، فَجَعَلْنَاهُنَّ أَبْكَارًا، عُرُبًا أَتْرَابًا‏.‏
English reference  : Book 35, Hadith 230

https://sunnah.com/urn/1802290

• Advanced Member

Well...I’m mean where do I start?  Racism has deep ties within Islam and has been around since the beginning of time when Iblis said that he was better than Adam AS because he was made out of smokeless fire. Plot twist is that According to the Ahlul Bayt, the fire that Iblis is made from originated from the green tree in Jannah which means technically he is made from the Earth like Adam. I guess ignorance is Ibliss! We know bilal faced racism while Muhammad SAW was still alive. Funny thing about Bilal is that his mother was a black Slave but his father was Yemenite which means he was more Arab than the Arabs who were racist towards him. Plot twist all over the place. Another plot twist is that the original Yemen Arabs were dark as well and actually took pride in being darker and even tried to darken themselves even more. I could go deeper with this but it might shock some people and ruffle feathers. Anyway racist people in any of its forms will not even come near Jannah. It’s a trait of unbelievers and has no business in Islam. 

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Faruk said:

When you focus on racism you will see racism.everywhere.

I know it exists but I will not affect my life by it or adopt a victim-mindset. Some people become mentally paralyzed and passive lacking any kind of ambition believing they've lost before the battle even started.

I believe the world is mine and racism is just one of other countless obstacles like envy and negative mindset to reach our goals.

100 % agree

I lived in small towns mostly white for 20 + yrs

I'm dark Indian pak guy, I've never encountered racism 

I've been stopped by white cops for overspeeding dozens of time , I always have my papers in hand , am courteous and polite to them only once got a ticket  surely deserved it a more lot 

Edited by Panzerwaffe
  • Moderators
24 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

100 % agree

I lived in small towns mostly white for 20 + yrs

I'm dark Indian pak guy, I've never encountered racism 

I've been stopped by white cops for overspeeding dozens of time , I always have my papers in hand , am courteous and polite to them only once got a ticket  surely deserved it a more lot 

Rich brown and black people have more in common with rich and middle class white people. Poor white people have more in common with poor and middle class black and brown people. 

Racism is stupid. The only reason for a person to be racist is because they're stupid, and the world is full of well educated stupid people. 

• Veteran Member
14 minutes ago, notme said:

Rich brown and black people have more in common with rich and middle class white people. Poor white people have more in common with poor and middle class black and brown people. 

Racism is stupid. The only reason for a person to be racist is because they're stupid, and the world is full of well educated stupid people. 

Yes new prejudice is based on money 

I get so sick of hearing " red neck " jokes as I work mostly with middle class educated whites 

I personally find poor rural whites the most oppressed people in America mostly because they live in smaller towns away from lot of social services 

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

I personally find poor rural whites the most oppressed people in America mostly because they live in smaller towns away from lot of social service

Oppression is not the same thing as lack of opportunity. Oppression results from action. Lack of opportunity results from inaction. The outcomes are likely the same, but the solutions wouldn't be. 

I come from redneck people who have no idea about the origin of the term. "Rednecks" comes from the coal miners of West Virginia wearing red bandanas on their necks to indicate their union affiliation. They were socialists. You'd be hard pressed nowadays to find a redneck socialist or a socialist redneck, and it's a shame. Nonetheless, though the rural white culture has its problems, it also has its strengths which should be embraced not belittled. 

Edited by notme
Typo
On 1/6/2019 at 2:52 AM, BowTie said:

Unfortunately, we shouldn't be racist. But we have Hadiths that fuel racism, and I wonder how do our scholars still read these hadiths without thinking twice of what goes on around the world, and without having feelings for others.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian slave whose head looks like a raisin." (Sahih Bukhari). 

Ibn Khaldun, Ibn Qutaybah and Nasir Al-Din Al-Tusi wrote vile things about black people too. Geographers had issues with black people it seems.

4 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian slave whose head looks like a raisin." (Sahih Bukhari). 

Ibn Khaldun, Ibn Qutaybah and Nasir Al-Din Al-Tusi wrote vile things about black people too. Geographers had issues with black people it seems.

On 1/6/2019 at 4:52 AM, BowTie said:

Unfortunately, we shouldn't be racist. But we have Hadiths that fuel racism, and I wonder how do our scholars still read these hadiths without thinking twice of what goes on around the world, and without having feelings for others.

The ‘racist’ traditions are mostly found in the sources of the other sects. Therefore, logically speaking, you shouldn’t use it as proof against us, because we don’t believe in it.

That is, speaking of reasoning, logic and honesty.

However, as for our scholar, whom you mentioned:

Nasir Al-Din Al-Tusi wrote vile things about black people too.

We want proof of that. The geographers that “wrote vile things, and had issues with black people,” you mentioned were most probably black themselves, actually. You see, he could’ve been blackbut he wrote vile things about other brown individuals, from what was popular about them at the time. (e.g., nowadays it’s publicized that black individuals can’t swim... while it’s unarguably not true, it has a meaning from one side... they use it to joke about how there aren’t many black individuals in the Olympics).

So if this was chronicled by a person, and we came after a century and read it, we’d perhaps think that the chronicler is racist, while the people of that era understood what it was about.

I’ll give another example... sometimes, you read texts (in both sects), prohibiting you from marrying to a specific race (and/or nation): this prohibition was done (as to) refer to what was popular about this specific race or nation at the time (e.g., they were vulgar in their speech, or were mostly cruel)... So, it isn’t a perpetual prohibition, because they can change by time.

There are some people nowadays, that try to say, that we are racist towards our Kurdish brethren, and that we believe that they are a nation of the jinn. Those that say such things, have yet to interpret texts, because they’re way too complicated for them. Let me explain it for you.

The ‘Kurds’ (الأكراد) is the plural of (من كرد), meaning: ‘those that sheltered in the mountains.’ - the traditions don’t speak of the ethnic group itself, rather it speaks of those that sheltered in the mountains (as a whole) - and as a result of sheltering in them, they became monstrous and the jinn began 'messing' up with them, and as a result of that, they became a nation of the jinn, meaning: they acquired and absorbed the morals & ethics of the jinn, for distancing themselves from the civil society.

On the other hand, there are many Kurdish Shi’ite brothers, and we don’t differentiate between any ethnic group. So, the traditions aren’t racist at all, they simply speak at a certain context, that the reader doesn’t pay attention to, or once he reads (it) - he begins jumping into these racist conclusions, that are mere delusions.

Sorry for taking long. Had to clear out the misunderstandings.

Edited by Simon the Canaanite
On 1/6/2019 at 4:52 AM, BowTie said:

Also, we have many traditions that actually encourage marrying from black individuals.

The original poster asked if you had any racist encounters, so please leave your suspicions on religion aside, and focus on the original point.

Edited by Simon the Canaanite