Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Why do some usernames have different colours and what do the different colours stand for? 

Salam. It's an old tradition. Red is for Administrators, Blue is for Moderators, Yellow is for Chat Mods, and Green is for members of the Development Team. Longtime members are called Veteran and have their name in Brown as well as access to a private forum. 

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234931061-splash-of-colors-blue-and-red/

6 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Why are some usernames in italics?

When you see someone's username in italics, it means they are writing something, so wait for it!  

Salam aleykom, 

I have noticed that some users have "invisible usernames" so when they are writing a post it doesn't show that they are in that particular thread writing. Why is this? Can one choose to be invisible and if so how does one go about to do that? 

When you sign in, just check the box for sign in as invisible. 

I don't remember why I started logging in invisible, but it's a habit now. If you ever see me logged in, it's by mistake. 

5 minutes ago, notme said:

When you sign in, just check the box for sign in as invisible. 

I don't remember why I started logging in invisible, but it's a habit now. If you ever see me logged in, it's by mistake. 

Oh thank you, I haven't even noticed that option. I dont think it matters too much to me, but if I one day wake up and feel like being secretive I now know what to do :woot:

3 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Thank you. Some have numbers in the thousand.

Popular numbers are 1, 5, 12, 14, (age numbers like 19, 21, 22, etc.), 72, 92, 110, 313, 786. 

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
Yes!

There was a member whose username was something like 289234_2559232043. Hameedeh changed it for him, but she is on a break and won't be changing anyone's username until she returns.

You can ask another Admin for a name change, but they don't usually like to change usernames, unless you sign up with your real name and suddenly think you want to write something personal. It's best not to write anything personal. 

1 hour ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

There was a member whose username was something like 289234_2559232043. Hameedeh changed it for him, but she is on a break and won't be changing anyone's username until she returns.

You can ask another Admin for a name change, but they don't usually like to change usernames, unless you sign up with your real name and suddenly think you want to write something personal. It's best not to write anything personal. 

I'm happy with my username :)