Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abu Nur

Living in Iran

Compared to many countries around the world,  especially western countries, Iran is really cheap. Except the north temperate rainforest region, pretty much all of Iran is arid land. I wonder how would you get residence permit to live there?

2 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

Salaam Aleikum,

So I came to the point where living in Western country is not benefit for my religious life and I seek to live with my family in Shi'ah Islamic Country for sake of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.  I really don't know where to live there and how much renting or buying house cost and for work, we are interested to open shop/restaraunt if possible. We love to live somewhere where there is much nature.

Are you Irani that you would like to go live in Iran ?

57 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

Are you Irani that you would like to go live in Iran ?

Im not Irani, I'm born Iraqi who have lived most of my life in Finland. I think it would be hard for me to get resident permit in Iran?

Edited by Abu Nur

On 8/7/2018 at 5:45 PM, Abu Nur said:

think it would be hard for me to get resident permit in Iran?

Iraqi community mostly live in Dowlat Abad ‘دولت آباد’province in Tehran that is a mid class province but with enough structure & basis for a comfortable life that has a prosperous condition 

https://fa.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/دولت‌آباد_(تهران)

https://www.ihome.ir/خرید-فروش/آپارتمان/تهران/دولت-آباد/

Kurd Faily-tehran Dolat Abad 

دولت آباد
منطقه ۲۰، تهران، استان تهران، ایران
https://goo.gl/maps/fQT9cNVA2Hn

5 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

Im not Irani, I'm born Iraqi who have lived most of my life in Finland. I think it would be hard for me to get resident permit in Iran?

I think so, unless you close to someone in the establishment.

4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Iraqi community mostly live in Dowlat Abad ‘دولت آباد’province in Tehran that is a mid class province but with enough structure & basis for a comfortable life that has a prosperous condition

Aren't those Iraqis actually Iranian passport holders?

34 minutes ago, shadow_of_light said:

In my opinion, it is better for you to wait.

I think I must begin to work already where I live in Europe and perfect my farsi and after inshallah if the economic situation is better I would migrate with pleasure in Iran inshallah. 

Edited by alidu78

13 hours ago, alidu78 said:

I am also thinking about living in Iran but is it really a good idea to do that with the new economic sanctions? I am really sceptic. 

Salam all of these sanctions is Trump plan to destabilize Iran before Muharram (11 September), but after 22 Bahman (11 February) all condition become better inshaAllah , this is what a group of Iranian analyzers say.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

52 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam all of these sanctions is Trump plan to destabilize Iran before Muharram (11 September), but after 22 Bahman (11 February) all condition become better inshaAllah , this is what a group of Iranian analyzers say.

Well maybe but after all in the short term I will not be able to live in Iran with or without sanction. I was thinking in the long term (in maybe five years). 

Edited by alidu78

23 hours ago, alidu78 said:

didn't understand in

about difference of short & long term in your view.

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Why do they say so?

@Abu Nur  Iran is definitely not the perfect choice  ! Unless you are very wealthy ..esp. if you are Iraqi that will make life miserable for you..iranians are so racist! You and your kids will suffer in here .. 

But again,if you have Money you will be respected in iran and live happily inshallah..and if you want beautiful nature you better go to the north of iran..

Good luck.

8 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Thank you to not generalize. 

Bro, i'm iranian myself...but just because my mother language is arabic they treat ne really bad!! I don't wanna go into details but this is a fact!

However the arabs of iran are so warm and kind..i meant no offense anyway ..

36 minutes ago, Fatima NMA said:

Bro, i'm iranian myself...but just because my mother language is arabic they treat ne really bad!! I don't wanna go into details but this is a fact!

However the arabs of iran are so warm and kind..i meant no offense anyway ..

In khuzestan there are many mix weddings between persian and Arabs. 

20 hours ago, alidu78 said:

Not going to lie. I am in the same spot as @Fatima NMA. I'm Iranian but my tongue speaks arabic. There is some racism towards arabic speakers and arabs in general, however, what I do have noticed is that it has decreased in the last few years. For instance, many people in Tehran would look down on Iraqis. This was different for me last year. A restaurant employee actually handed me a hand and told me to do dua for him in Karbala. He thought I was Iraqi. 

On the other hand, I did also experience a pretty racist irani "group of friends" in the same trip last year. I don't want to sugarcoat everything, but there is some racism here and there one can expect. Living in places like Khuzestan, Qom, Mashhad or Dowlat Abad could make a big difference for Iraqis or other Arabs.

To the OP @Abu Nur: If you want urban and (man-made) nature, Tehran or any other big city could be an option. There are many parks in Tehran you can enjoy. Especially in the Northern part. However, Northern Tehran is quite expensive. One can be hit with prices of a few billion tooman for an apartment. Not only is housing expensive in Tehran, also the food prices such as fruits, veggies, meat and other products are much more expensive than Qom for instance. Northern Tehran is also more "liberal" in case that is important

What also is possible is living in Shomal Iran (Northern Iran). Places like Chalus are often used as a vacation spot for many Tehranis. The weather is humid but not too hot and dry as Tehran and there is the Caspian Sea. I am not sure about any good business model for places like Chalus, but opening a restaurant/take away could be a nice way to earn an income especially since many Tehranis at the end of the week leave Tehran to visit Chalus and other places around the Caspian Sea. It has lots of green nature. An ideal place.

41 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Yes, i know.however we don't know how it goes behind closed doors..making fun of ur race or language can take place even between a woman and her husband here ! Most persians are arrogant and are overly proud of their race i don't know the reason but i lived most of my life in an arabic country they don't have the same negative feeling towards persians..it's confusing!

On 8/9/2018 at 3:38 PM, Fatima NMA said:

my mother language is arabic they treat ne really bad!! I don't wanna go into details but this is a fact!

Salam This is not because of language ,this is because of a group of pan Arabs that insults Iranians everywhere specially in social media ,in recent days a group of fan leaders in Persepolis-Foolad  Khuzestan match insulted Arab speakers & showed disrespectful actions towards them ,that caused the Pan Arab seoperatinist Group of  Al-Ahwazia in another match of Persepolis - Esteghll Khuzestan attacked Iranian Persepolis fans with stones  & they said slogans against Iran & Shias in days that Iraqis are supporting Iran against Mr Ibadi that wants to help USA  for sanction of Iran 

it seems a group of pan Turks want to use this situation & say slogans about seperation of Azerbaijan in Estghlal Tehran - Traktorsazi Tabriz in Azadi Stadium 

That in future days social media will become battlefield of Pan Arabs & Turks  by support of KSA & pan Iranian in other side groups :ranting::furious:

https://www.aparat.com/v/xSV1W/درگیری_طرفداران_پرسپولیس_و_فولاد  (Persepolis-Foolad Khuzestan)

https://www.fartakvarzeshi.com/بخش-لیگ-برتر-4/140782-شعار-زشت-هواداران-استقلال-خوزستان-خلیج-عربی (Persepolis -Esteglal Khuzestan)

@Sumerian @Khomeinist& rest of Arabic & Turkish speakers in this forum if you see or heard anti Iraqi or Arab or Turk comments in next week know that is plan of KSA to cause enmity between Iranian & Iraqi people & starting war in Khuzestan ,Ahwaz & Azerbaijan & Tabriz

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

:bismillah:

:salam:

It's difficult for foreigners to open a shop or restaurant in Iran but possible. Someone told me once that you have to pay a one time fee of about 28 million tomans (about $2,000 US at the current exchange rate - the Iranian rial isn't stable at the moment) for a business visa and then you have to pay for residency fee for yourself and your family. 

You can also come and study at al-Mustafa International University, a seminary for foreigners, if you meet the criteria. 

4 hours ago, Ali Mahdi said:

Someone told me once that you have to pay a one time fee of about 28 million tomans (about $2,000 US at the current exchange rate - the Iranian rial isn't stable at the moment) for a business visa and then you have to pay for residency fee for yourself and your family. 

salam, what's the farsi term for this kind of visa? Are there any other requirements beside money for this visa?

Very lucky masha'Allah!

I myself used to think that living in a country like Australia is a wonderful unbeatable experience but I would love to move to a Shari'a country and immerse myself in an Islamic country for the sake of Allah. I just need to finish my training in a decade or so and I'm possibly moving. Hopefully our Imam (a.s) is with us by this time Insha'Allah and everywhere people will live by Islam of our rasool Allah (pbuh). 

May Allah hasten his appearance.

On 8/9/2018 at 6:41 AM, Fatima NMA said:

@Abu Nur  Iran is definitely not the perfect choice  ! Unless you are very wealthy ..esp. if you are Iraqi that will make life miserable for you..iranians are so racist! You and your kids will suffer in here .. 

But again,if you have Money you will be respected in iran and live happily inshallah..and if you want beautiful nature you better go to the north of iran..

Good luck.

Yeah don't generalize! Don't wrongly pin down a whole group for a particular vice when it's only the actions of some!

Salaam everyone. Interesting discussion. I won't discuss the merits of moving to Iran. I wonder though how moving to Iran is to please The Creator سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى - is this based on some teachings?

Thanks

50 minutes ago, abdulhamid said:

I wonder though how moving to Iran is to please The Creator سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى - is this based on some teachings?

Salam , it mostly based on considering Iran & Yemen  & its people as main supporters & Army of Imam Mahdi (aj) , the Iraq & Syria will face again problem from enemies of Ahlulbayt (as) & Shias & Yemen is under heavy attacks by KSA & nobody from outside can be resides at it  but Iran although of all hardships will remain safe until Imam Mahdi (aj) reappears ,also Iran & its inhabitants every time mentioned by Ahlulbayt (as) from time of Prophet (pbu) as supporters of them till reappearance time.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe