Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
laylacat

Meth Addiction Has Destroyed My Iman

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, laylacat said:

Any inspirational stories of recovery relating to Islam would also be very very helpful. Can I do this? Will I be able to find Allah again and follow His guidance? I’m scared. I am scared to stop using and scared to keep using. Oh Allah please forgive me and help me find my way back to the straight path! 

Salam it’s good that you find out your way again InshaAllah with help of Allah & love of Ahlulbayt (as) ,you never missed Allah you just lost the way for a period of time but again you back to true way ,definitely you can over come your addiction you need to tolerate it for 40 days during this 40 try to fast as much as you can & recite Duas 

Be optimistic about Allah 

How should we trust in God ?(Tawakkul) |Alireza Panahian 

Addiction to a bad mood ! |Alireza Panahian 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1PszuZUrX_xo_DroXsKsBg   

Salaam Aleikum,

I hope the following Imam Ali (as) Dua Sabah that is recited in Morning will inspire you to never lose hope;

My God, do You see that I have only come to You from the direction of hopes,
or clung to the ends of Your cords when my sins have driven me from the house of union?
So what an evil mount upon which my soul has mounted-its caprice!
Woe upon it for being seduced by its own opinions and wishes!
Destruction be upon it for its audacity toward its Master and Protector!

My God, I have knocked upon the door of Your mercy with the hand of my hope,
fled to You seeking refuge from my excessive caprice,
and fixed the fingers of my love to the ends of Your cords.
So pardon, O Allah, the slips and errors I have committed,
and release me from the foot-tangling of my robe,
for You are my Master, my Protector, my Support and my Hope,
and You are the object of my search and my desire in my ultimate end and stable abode.
My God, how could You drive away a poor beggar who seeks refuge in You from sins, fleeing?
How could You disappoint one seeking guidance who repairs to Your threshold, running?
How could You reject a thirsty man who comes to Your pools to drink?
Never! For Your pools are full in the hardship of drought,
Your door is open for seeking and penetration,
and You are the goal of requests and the object of hopes.

My God, these are the reins of my soul I have bounded with the ties of Your will.
These are the burdens of my sins I have averted with Your pardon and mercy.
These are my misleading caprices I have referred to the threshold of Your gentleness and kindliness.
So, make this morning of mine, O Allah, descend upon me with the radiance of guidance
and safety in religion and this world!
And [make] my evening a shield against the deception of enemies
and a protection against the destructive blows of caprice!

Edited by Abu Nur

There is always redemption, don't ever forget that or else you will just sink further and further. 

Allah is always open to accepting the repentance of a penitant sinner. It might take you a little longer to feel that acceptance, but you have to take these things a day at a time. It is always quicker sliding down a hill than trying to climb it.

1 hour ago, notme said:

@laylacat are you still here? Just checking on you. Feel free to PM me or one of the other sisters if you just need some emotional support. 

Yes. Be in touch with one of the sisters here. Don't lose your connection with her

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, notme said:

Addiction is not easy to break.

Back in the 60s the sensible advice was "Don't Try lt" because then you're hooked.

So last year, an M.D. that focuses on addiction said in explanation, "Because you there after are always trying to get that first high back/again" --which you can never achieve.

Your body develops a resistance right away to most drugs and alcohol.

Are you craving for these drugs in a social way or are you suffering from a physical addiction? Treatments are very different depending on the case. I was just wondering because both drugs you are referring to are heavily linked to partying/nightlife.

The best advice I can give is cut ties completely with anything and anyone associated with your addiction. Move away. Isolate yourself if you have to. The religious advice above is nice and everything, but in reality it wont work for long unless you separate entirely your clean life from your addiction life. 

It's good that you came back. Be strong and move forward. Make plan for your future and don't blame yourself constantly for the past. Think of your future. Be in contact with Mumin sisters here and in your community. Be active even if it's a small mosque. I think you can be out of this situation and be like a new revert same as you were before.

Salaam sister, yes, please count us as your family, community and friends. One of the great things about being on Shia Chat, is wherever you are, so are we:) If you can access the internet via phone, tablet, computer etc,  you can access US:) Please do take us up on our invites to PM. 

With duas-

Your repentance will elevate your status too high in front of your Lord..

God loves a repentant servant more..

And all this love you've got inside is just because Allah has bestowed upon you His love.

He has given you His hand. This time hold it really tight. And leave all the hands you are holding.

Make your connection strong with Nabi (saws) and his Ahlulbayt.

Make lots of duas and cry cry cry..

Crying is in itself a detox for your soul.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Sister LC

You might have hit rock bottom, but Alhamd'Allah you are finding your strength and many people are rooting for you and your baby.  

You can be motivated and encouraged, but most importantly you need to act and take one day at a time.  Recovery isn't overnight and it is a process.

Your focus now should be to stay clean for the sake of your child.  Anything you take in from here on out, will definitely effect your unborn child.

Stay strong, focused, come back on SC and update us on your progress.  

You are not alone in your battle.  Live now, and not in the past.  Get back into salat and don't let go of it.  Salat will keep you grounded.

Do what it takes to shut down the people who got you hooked.   If it means getting a new phone line, moving to a new location, trying to stay with 

clean relatives than do so.

Islam is a way of life, and this dunya is transient.  

You can do this sister!  Make du32 for yourself and your child, and do intercession for Ahulbayt.

God bless you and don't forget you have people here who are rooting for you!

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

image.png.bc02382f0ca8689bf38ec7eff8936ade.png

Edited by Laayla

Assalamualaikum, my sister. Many Muslims struggle with addiction, and the shame and guilt and despair that come with it. You are not the only one is going through this, nor are you too far gone to return to your Creator. 

I want to share with you two stories from people dear to me:

My friend Amira reverted to Islam many years ago. She has endured many hardships, including the tragic loss of her granddaughter. She fell into addiction, to heroin and alcohol and perhaps other drugs. She has been clean and sober for more than two years now, even through the death of her mother and homelessness and poverty. Allah has blessed her with a beautiful grandson. She has some of the strongest iman I have ever seen.

My husband reverted to Islam around 7 years ago. He was a heavy drinker before he reverted. He suffers from severe PTSD due to war and trauma. It took him years to become sober. He still craves alcohol, but alhamdulillah he has been sober for four years. He isn’t the best Muslim, but he tries.

Addiction is a disease. The fact that you have chosen to seek help is testimony to your true character. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) would not give you a burden too big to bear.

Though you may stumble on the Path (to recovery and to Allah), remember the Path is like a road, not a tightrope. If you fall down, you are still on the Path. Get back up, dust yourself off, and continue your journey.

May Allah bless you and your child. Salawat

On 8/6/2018 at 3:15 PM, laylacat said:

Salam alaikum brothers and sisters... it’s been so long since I’ve logged on here and scrolled through the forums. It saddens me because I remember when I reverted I spent so much time on here connecting with other Muslims, learning and sharing - I was filled with inspiration and excitement and LOVE for Allah. I could not help but cry almost daily because I was so grateful to be guided to Islam, I felt whole and new - the world transformed and tears welled up in my eyes just seeing the sky, the Earth, the plants, all the things Allah has created and knowing He had the power to create such a perfect world. 

However things have gone very very downhill... I am an alcoholic and got sober after reverting. I didn’t crave or consume a drop of alcohol for over a year. I relapsed and one thing led to another and I suddenly found myself in the midst of an even stronger and scarier addiction. Methamphetamine. The relapse with alcohol and my current active addiction to meth has DESTROYED my relationship with Allah. I have turned my back on all my duties and responsibilities as a Muslim, I have committed further sins as a result of being under the influence of meth constantly. I have turned away from Allah and instead have tried to seek comfort from meth/my addiction/other sins. 

I am DEEPLY ashamed and recently have been trying to remember Allah, trying to ask Him for guidance and for forgiveness and the strength to fight my addiction. I have taken full responsibility for my addiction I think. I do not blame anyone for it, I made the choice to try it the first time and seek it out the second time. I was naive and unaware of how powerful it was and I unfortunately met a dealer who pulled all the tricks (that I was ignorant to) to get me HOOKED on this drug very very quickly. However I know he wouldn’t have even had that chance had I not sought the drug out, had I been stronger in my faith and obeyed Allah’s commandments I wouldn’t be in the situation I am now, this addiction wouldn’t have had a chance to begin. 

I am getting help, going to go into detox and then look into rehab programs. Will Allah forgive me...? What can I do to rebuild my relationship with Allah and use the strength and love and faith Islam teaches/Allah provides, to aid me in my recovery? I am ashamed yes for committing haram acts. But I also do not want to hide my sins especially addiction because I think it’s important to talk about it and encourage all Muslims struggling with addiction to seek help and turn back to Allah immediately... advice would be appreciated. Any inspirational stories of recovery relating to Islam would also be very very helpful. Can I do this? Will I be able to find Allah again and follow His guidance? I’m scared. I am scared to stop using and scared to keep using. Oh Allah please forgive me and help me find my way back to the straight path! 

Please make dua for me & for all addicts and ALWAYS trust Allah’s judgement and commandments brothers & sisters because He is never wrong. He knew that using addictive substances can lead to addiction and that’s why he made even using them once or a little bit HARAM. Trust our Creator. He knows how weak human mind/human nature can be. Don’t make my mistakes. Strengthen your bond with Allah so that your Imam is STRONG and not susceptible to such evils... 

Akhi, choose the right companions / friends.  Stay miles away from those who can have a bad influence on you as you go through detox and rehab.  It is good to blame yourself to some extent, but make sure it is constructive.  What is done is done, jut trust in God’s plan now.  Leave the past and just do what you can right now to utmost perfection (through God’s strength and power).  There is no sin too great or too big for God to forgive. Even shirk is unforgivable not because it is a great sin, but because it makes one despair of God’s mercy and forgiveness.  

On 8/7/2018 at 12:15 AM, laylacat said:

Methamphetamine

I think you should try to reduce some dose each day or after number of days. I think you can do it. By the way, I though you were addicted to mathematics thats why I came to read this.

My prayers sisters.