Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
2Timeless

Why do women need to pray behind a man?

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, shia farm girl said:

As salaamun aleikum, at the end of the day, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has made men the maintainers and protectors of women, and has made them a degree above women.

Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى leads ALL of His creation, the Imams/Prophets etc. lead mankind/the ummah in general, the Imam at your local masjid leads the congregation, and the man/husband/brother, etc. leads his family including the females, in prayer.

Allah has made men the leaders of the family and his position as being "ahead" of the women in prayer is symbolic and a reminder of his position and status in society as well as in the privacy of his home with his family. At the end of the day, a family cannot have two leaders, and all issues must revert back to a single entity for the final conclusions and decisions in matters. Yes, man and woman should consult with each other before making serious decisions in their marriage, but at the end of the day, A woman has to understand that it's man's Islamic Duty and obligation to lead the family, so his word should be the final conclusion,this is a good reason why men need to be adl/just, so that their position as leader and final dexision maker in the famiky is not abused. This is something we need to remember, because when women start trying to "wear the pants" in the family, things go out of the balance Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has determined for us through Islam.

W/s

We alaykum al salam,

I get where you're coming from. Yes, the man does have that responsibility legally (in islam) but so does the woman. Her obligations are also quite hard. From what I've learnt, I've come to the conclusion that men are women are equal but different. Let me rephrase that. Islam has equity. We're both of the same value. Just because the man has certain obligations, I don't think that makes him any better, because the wife too fulfils her own obligations. Also, in modern society, the man and women share roles and responsibilities, they help eachother out. This may be seen as the woman "wearing the pants" but I don't really see why that's a particularly bad thing. 

Salaam

Men are created as represntives of God, the purpose of adams creation was to create a caliph. So having a leadership role as far as leading jamat prayer is concerned should be no wonder. 

Secondly the potential of desire in men is when no ruled a very dangerous potential and praying in front of men could lead easily to indecency and vile acts. So for the protection of of diginity, rights, provscy, decency and chastity it is just fitting to see suvh an arragment in congregational prayer. 

Men are not better than women- no where has Islam or Quran made such assertions. Men and women are complimentary to each other..Both have their strong points and both have their weak points. Men are generally stronger at logic, and women are generally stronger at communication. Together, they make a good team, and i shouldnt need to say it, but i will-there are acceptions, but USUALLY, this is the case.

Anyhow,

In this physical world, decisions need to be made with logic, and men happen to be stronger in logic than women.

Taking this into consideration, at the end of the day, if the husband and wife can not come to an agreement, because each person is believing THEY are the right one and the other is wrong, where will that lead the situation in particular and the marriage in general?

There is no problem with husband and wife working together and consultation occurring between the two, but at the end of the day, SOMEONE has to make the final call in matters, or nothing will get anywhere. It is not islamically acceptable nor is it for them to continue on in disagreement with each other based on ego OR for any other reason. This is why i pointed out that Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has put men in the role He has put them in-to prevent this kind of absurb, non sensical disruptive type of situation from occurring within marriages. This is also why i stressed the husband needs to be adl/just, and a decent and moral person, because if he IS these things, rest assured, the woman will not be wronged, but if hes a jerk, selfish, etc, things will not go well, so really, it comes down to the type of husband he is and how mature and submitting the wife is in acknowledging the husbands role in the marriage and in Islam.

The idea  that "both can call the shots" goes against Allahsسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى Islam and undermines ours and our families best interests. There is no decent reason the family/children should be subjected to the spiritual as well as psychological ills that follow a marriage where both parties think that each one of them is the one "in charge", and this craziness happens often because either the man is unjust in his decision  making so the woman is unhappy with him being "in charge" at the end of the day, or simply because the woman takes issue with the husbands status as given by Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

This whole subject has nothing to do with inferiority or superiority of man over woman, rather, it is in regards to leadership roles. 

W/s

8 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

You see, I don't want to follow blindly, I want to know the purpose behind every action I make and every rule I follow.

I applaud your desire to understand the wisdom behind Allah’s commands but I disagree with how you look at this. It’s not blindly following if you know this law is from Allah who is your lord and creator, and you know Allah knows best. You don’t necessarily need to know the precise reason for women praying behind men. Besides, we do not have an outline of the rationale behind every single law given to us by the ahlulbayt (as), it would simply be unreasonable to expect so, although perhaps the reasoning for this one has been given to us, I personally haven’t checked. 

Aside from prayer, we don’t know the reasons behind many laws, such as those pertaining to tahara, wudhu, hajj, inheritance etc. Even if we did know the purpose behind every single law, would that change anything? Obeying even when you don’t undersand the command is part of the test of submission to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

8 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

seen people pray in kaaba

Salam the Saud Family pray inside Kaaba :angry::ranting:

5 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam the Saud Family pray inside Kaaba :angry::ranting:

And their invited special guests. I wonder if any Shia has been allowed to enter the Holy Kaaba. 

1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

And their invited special guests. I wonder if any Shia has been allowed to enter the Holy Kaaba. 

they don't allow it to any Shia because they know shias as impure but they allow to themselves to pray with shoe inside Kaaba ,they do their best to humiliate Kaaba Sacredness also they make popular praying behind kids & women to humilate Namaz & make it a joke :ranting:

�ت�ج� تص��ر� برا� �praying inside the kaaba+shoe��

Ù�تÛ�جÙ� تصÙ�Û�رÛ� براÛ� â�ªpraying inside the kaaba+shoeâ�¬â��they cut pictures to censor that they pray with shoe inside Kaaba 

نتیجه تصویری برای نماز خواندن جماعت پشت کودکان

https://ilmfeed.com/watch-king-salman-praying-inside-the-kaba/    

http://lifeinsaudiarabia.net/blog/2016/10/05/how-can-we-pray-inside-holy-kaaba/

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

first Condition of leading prayer in front of Other people is justice of Leader but women because of their physique & problem of Menstruation don't have this quality also kids don't have qualification of Justice for leading of Adult persons  

تصویر مرتبط  Ù†ØªÛŒØ¬Ù‡ تصویری برای نماز خواندن جماعت پشت کودکان 

نتیجه تصویری برای نماز خواندن جماعت پشت کودکان

10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Sahih al-Bukhari  Book 9 No. 490

Sahih al-Bukhari Book 22 No.306

Sahih Muslim Book 004 No. 0883

There is hadith l remember that said that during the Persecution the Muslims were so poor and the clothes in such bad condition that women raised their heads after men because too many private parts were visible.

Salaam

bismillahhir rahman ar-raheem

We as shi'a do not take narrations from those books. They are the sunnis' main books, and are of no importance to us, because the authors of those books did not accept wilayat Imam Ali (as), and the narrators were of the munafiqeen who gave alleigance to Abu Bakr and Umar.

We also have narrations -

[ 27632 ] 3 ـ وعن عدة من أصحابنا ، عن أحمد بن محمد ، عن الوشاء ، عن ثعلبة بن ميمون ، عن أبي مريم قال : قال أبو جعفر ( عليه السلام ) لسلمة بن كهيل والحكم بن عتيبة : شرقا وغربا فو الله لا تجدان علما صحيحا إلا شيئا خرج من عندنا أهل البيت . 3 – And from a group of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad from al-Washa from Thalaba b. Maymun from Abu Maryam. He said: Abu Jafar عليه السلام said: to Salma b. Kuhayl and al-Hakam b. `Utayba: Eastward and Westward, by Allah you will not find sound knowledge except for something that has come out from amongst us, the Ahl al-Bayt.

Why do women need to pray behind a man? ..

I think you are asking wrong question .....

If you can get answer ,on why no woman imam or prophet you will get answer to your question .......

10 minutes ago, zafa said:

If you can get answer ,on why no woman imam or prophet you will get answer to your question .......

So, Deborah (Judges 4:4), Huldah, Maryam and maybe Anna (Luke 2) are not really leaders in their own time????

Repsectfully:  :hahaha:  :party:  :ko:

8 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Waaleykom alsalam, 

In what direction do they pray inside the kaaba? Is any direction allowed?

Yeah ,it’s allowed but the main problem is that they keep it as a VIP place for themselves also with type of their with praying with shoe & other actions they humiliate sacredness of it.

8 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Yeah ,it’s allowed but the main problem is that they keep it as a VIP place for themselves also with type of their with praying with shoe & other actions they humiliate sacredness of it.

Yes, I am very sad that Mecka and the Kaba is in the hands of such thalemeen. May Allah SWT curse them InshaAllah!