Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why do women need to pray behind a man?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam, 

This is probably a question that's repeated alot but why? Why do women need to pray behind their male counterparts and if they do pray beside eachother is the woman's prayer not accepted? 

I've heard arguments that a man's attention will be caught by the woman praying in front of him, but I don't think that's a valid enough reason. What does it say about men if they can't even control their thoughts during prayer when a woman is praying in front of them completely covered, wearing a chador that gives absolutely nothing away? And even so, a woman can pray beside the man, the man will clearly not see her moving in front of him. 

Also, where is the actual evidence that men and women cannot pray beside eachother, or that a man must be at the front? 

• Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Salam, 

This is probably a question that's repeated alot but why? Why do women need to pray behind their male counterparts and if they do pray beside eachother is the woman's prayer not accepted? 

I've heard arguments that a man's attention will be caught by the woman praying in front of him, but I don't think that's a valid enough reason. What does it say about men if they can't even control their thoughts during prayer when a woman is praying in front of them completely covered, wearing a chador that gives absolutely nothing away? And even so, a woman can pray beside the man, the man will clearly not see her moving in front of him. 

Also, where is the actual evidence that men and women cannot pray beside eachother, or that a man must be at the front? 

Gives nothing away? Even I as a woman can see shapes etc when praying behind other women. Personally I don't even think that regular chadors are all that Islamic because a little wind blows and every part of the body shows. I think some other harder material need to be used or invented. I remember seeing a nun in the Vatican. MashaAllah she was fully covered in a material that was not flexible, so when she moved her shapes didn't show. We too need that kind of material.

Plus I wouldn't feel comfortable while men are behind me while I bend down and do sujood. 

How many women are not uncomfortable when men keep staring at them? This is actually a protection and liberation for women.

Edited by Carlzone
  • Veteran Member
23 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Salam, 

Let's say hypothetically, women could pray next to men or in front of men. What would happen?

Would you be anymore woman or any less?

The women who desire to be like men actually shows their inferiority complex of being a women.

When was the last time you heard a man complain that it is not fair that women don't have to pray or fast for a few days every month?

Look at it another way - servants are always in front of the people they serve.Slaves precede masters, etc.

Edited by ShiaMan14
  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Let's say hypothetically, women could pray next to men or in front of men. What would happen?

Would you be anymore woman or any less?

The women who desire to be like men actually shows their inferiority complex of being a women.

When was the last time you heard a man complain that it is not fair that women don't have to pray or fast for a few days every month?

Thats not answering my question. 

No, I would not feel any more woman. I am proud of being a woman, and I know the status of a woman in Islam is very high. I'm curious about the reasoning behind why such a law exists. You see, I don't want to follow blindly, I want to know the purpose behind every action I make and every rule I follow.

No one said I wanted to be a man, as I said I love being a woman. The inferiority complex is completely irrelevant here because I'm asking about a ruling in Islam.

Men don't complain about why women get a "break" off prayer and fasting because : a) they would not like nor would they be able to endure the pain many women feel during 'that time of the month' and b) because it is thanks to that very reason, women are able to have babies, which includes a very very very painful labour, which I'm sure no man would ever even want to experience. That's why I don't hear men complaining about women praying and fasting less. 

• Advanced Member
17 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Gives nothing away? Even I as a woman can see shapes etc when praying behind other women. Personally I don't even think that regular chadors are all that Islamic because a little wind blows and every part of the body shows. I think some other harder material need to be used or invented. I remember seeing a nun in the Vatican. MashaAllah she was fully covered in a material that was not flexible, so when she moved her shapes didn't show. We too need that kind of material.

Plus I wouldn't feel comfortable while men are behind me while I bend down and do sujood. 

How many women are not uncomfortable when men keep staring at them? This is actually a protection and liberation for women.

What kind of wearable material isn't flexible? All material moves when the person wearing it moves. Such a material would probably be very uncomfortable to wear, which makes the quality of the Salah less because the woman is agitated by her clothing and is unable focus her attention solely on Allah. In my opinion, if anything the man and woman could pray beside eachother, why does the man need to be in front? What is the reasoning? 

Secondly, I didn't talk about feeling comfortable or not when praying in front of a man. I simply want to know why this law exists. What is the reasoning?  For me, it is a matter of principle. And how did scholars come to this conclusion? Also, when a wife and husband pray together, there is a sense of unity between them. Would a woman not feel comfortable praying beside her husband? 

Edited by 2Timeless
  • Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

That is Allah rulings and I don't question him

Where is your proof? Where did Allah say in the quran that the man needs to pray in front of the woman? That was my question in the first place. 

Also, I once read somewhere that imam ali (as) much more reward is granted to the believer who follows Allah because he loves Him, not because he's fearful of Him. How do you come to love Allah? By understanding his rulings.

Edited by 2Timeless
  • Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

What kind of wearable material isn't flexible? All material moves when the person wearing it moves. Such a material would probably be very uncomfortable to wear, which makes the quality of the Salah less because the woman is agitated by her clothing and is unable focus her attention solely on Allah. In my opinion, if anything the man and woman could pray beside eachother, why does the man need to be in front? What is the reasoning? 

Secondly, I didn't talk about feeling comfortable or not when praying in front of a man. I simply want to know why this law exists. What is the reasoning?  For me, it is a matter of principle. And how did scholars come to this conclusion? Also, when a wife and husband pray together, there is a sense of unity between them. Would a woman not feel comfortable praying beside her husband? 

InshaAllah someone here can provide you with the grounds to this fatwa. 

But I do think it's very relevant that it is uncomfortable for sisters with men behind or next to them. I want to feel relaxed when I'm praying in gatherings. I will not feel that if I have men to the left and right, in front and back.

Also if men were behind women then that could lead to haram glances which is really inappropriate especially when one is communicating with ones Lord.

That alone is reason enough not to let men pray behind women. 

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Where is your proof? Where did Allah say in the quran that the man needs to pray in front of the woman? That was my question in the first place. 

Also, I once read somewhere that imam ali (as) much more reward is granted to the believer who follows Allah because he loves Him, not because he's fearful of Him. How do you come to love Allah? By understanding his rulings.

Where in the Quran does it say to pray 3 rakaat for maghrib?

Here I checked the ruling:

Some Maraji say that if a woman prays in front of a man or next to him, it makes the pray invalid. Some other Maraji say that it is Makrouh if a woman prays in front or next to a man, but it does not make the pray invalid.

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Where in the Quran does it say to pray 3 rakaat for maghrib?

The Qur'an says you need to pray. And the Prophet acted upon Allah's revelations. Was there a revelation to the Prophet that told him he had to pray in front of women? I'm lacking knowledge in this area and I'm asking a genuine question. 

I get your point about feeling uncomfortable with praying in front of a man, I would too. But as I said, it is a matter of principles. Everyone needs to pray 3 rakat for Maghrib, but the fact that men must pray in front has other implications i.e that women are less than, which I know is not the case. 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Here I checked the ruling:

Some Maraji say that if a woman prays in front of a man or next to him, it makes the pray invalid. Some other Maraji say that it is Makrouh if a woman prays in front or next to a man, but it does not make the pray invalid.

Do you mind sending me the link? Or could you please let me know which maraja say that? 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, 2Timeless said:

The Qur'an says you need to pray. And the Prophet acted upon Allah's revelations. Was there a revelation to the Prophet that told him he had to pray in front of women? I'm lacking knowledge in this area and I'm asking a genuine question. 

I get your point about feeling uncomfortable with praying in front of a man, I would too. But as I said, it is a matter of principles. Everyone needs to pray 3 rakat for Maghrib, but the fact that men must pray in front has other implications i.e that women are less than, which I know is not the case. 

Still, the Quran does not give you all the details regarding every issue. You need to follow what your marja has concluded in this particular matter. 

Women are less than? What? Where did you get that from? That is your interpretation not reality.

Are women less than men for covering themselves up? 

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Still, the Quran does not give you all the details regarding every issue. You need to follow what your marja has concluded in this particular matter. 

Women are less than? What? Where did you get that from? That is your interpretation not reality.

Are women less than men for covering themselves up? 

I very clearly said "which is not the case", because I know that Islam is not sexist. I said they were merely implications. 

10 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

other implications i.e that women are less than, which I know is not the case

And no, women are not less than for covering up, I view it as a means of liberation from conventional beauty standards for women. 

I asked a simple question. Can you or can you not provide me with valid evidence for this law or not? 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, 2Timeless said:

What does it say about men if they can't even control their thoughts during prayer when a woman is praying in front of them completely covered, wearing a chador that gives absolutely nothing away?

It says bad things but unfortunately that's the reality. Most men will be distracted by a stranger woman praying in front of them.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

I very clearly said "which is not the case", because I know that Islam is not sexist. I said they were merely implications. 

And no, women are not less than for covering up, I view it as a means of liberation from conventional beauty standards for women. 

I asked a simple question. Can you or can you not provide me with valid evidence for this law or not? 

If it's only an implication according to you then why did you bring it up as an argument? That doesn't make sense.

The evidence is the conclusion of your marja. Maybe someone here can find the details? Or maybe you can find them yourself? Contact your marja and ask for further information if no one here is able to provide you with that information. 

Sistani, Makarem, Fazel: It is Wajib that woman should pray behind the man.

Sobhani: It is necessary caution ...

In persian:

http://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa4142

(If woman was praying and the man starts praying behind the woman, his pray is invalid. If both start praying at the same time, both prays are invalid. If man was praying and the woman started praying in front of the man, her pray is invalid)

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover
  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

If it's only an implication according to you then why did you bring it up as an argument? That doesn't make sense.

I did not use it as an argument. If you read any of what I said earlier, I agreed with you that I also wouldn't feel comfortable praying in front of a man. I simply stated that such a rule has certain implications, so there must be a real explanation for it because Islam doesn't say women are inferior to men. 

• Advanced Member
Just now, 2Timeless said:

I did not use it as an argument. If you read any of what I said earlier, I agreed with you that I also wouldn't feel comfortable praying in front of a man. I simply stated that such a rule has certain implications, so there must be a real explanation for it because Islam doesn't say women are inferior to men. 

And praying behind men does not imply that women are less than men. That is entirely your choice of interpretation. 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Carlzone said:

And praying behind men does not imply that women are less than men. That is entirely your choice of interpretation. 

Think about the symbolism. The imam prays in front of everyone, he is superior because he's supposedly a better enough Muslim. Same goes with men praying in front, the symbolism of men praying in front of women during worship suggests they are superior. Which I know is untrue. I simply stated that it had certain implications. Many outsiders looking in would think it suggests men are superior because they pray in front. Its not rocket science. 

Please stay on topic.

• Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

It says bad things but unfortunately that's the reality. Most men will be distracted by a stranger woman praying in front of them.

What he said.

You think it should not be an issue, but you do not know whats going on in the mind of a man so you cant say whether its easy or hard. Even Prophet Yusuf(as) asked Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى for help. You will never fully understand how it is to be a man and men will never fully understand how it is to be a women.

Maybe you should ask your question directly to your marjas office as well.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, 2Timeless said:

Think about the symbolism. The imam prays in front of everyone, he is superior because he's supposedly a better enough Muslim. Same goes with men praying in front, the symbolism of men praying in front of women during worship suggests they are superior. Which I know is untrue. I simply stated that it had certain implications. Many outsiders looking in would think it suggests men are superior because they pray in front. Its not rocket science. 

Please stay on topic.

Don't go off-topic if you want people to stay on topic. If you claim something then you must be prepared for others to refute your claims.

Obviously it is rocket science since it can be misinterpreted so badly.

Why dont you send an email to your marja and ask: 

Does a woman praying behind men imply that men are superior to her?

And update this thread and let us all know what the answer was?

By the way, the Quran does state that men are the maintainers of women. 

Surat Al-Nisa 4:34

"Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great."

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

What he said.

You think it should not be an issue, but you do not know whats going on in the mind of a man so you cant say whether its easy or hard. Even Prophet Yusuf(as) asked Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى for help. You will never fully understand how it is to be a man and men will never fully understand how it is to be a women.

Maybe you should ask your question directly to your marjas office as well.

I'll try, I've tried contacting them before and got no reply, but thanks. 

• Advanced Member

I didn't. Throughout the thread I was steering it to my question. Scroll up. If you focussed on the question I actually asked instead of picking at irrelevant comments, you'd realise that. 

9 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Why dont you send an email to your marja and ask: 

Does a woman praying behind men imply that men are superior to her?

I would, if the marjas respond. Nevertheless I'll ask again. But you are at fault. Stop putting words in my mouth. My initial question was "why do men need to pray in front?" And "where is the evidence?", I have repeated these questions many many times throughout in a hopeless attempt to steer the conversation back to the original topic. I made one off- handed comment about the mere implications of men praying in front, when once again, I repeated time and time again that I did in fact believe that neither men or women are superior to eachother. 

13 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

By the way, the Quran does state that men are the maintainers of women. 

Surat Al-Nisa 4:34

Lol, very off-topic again. I already know that and I've already seen and read many many interpretations and applications of that ayah. How does that relate to men praying in front? 

For the last time, please stick to the original question. Anyway, I got insightful responses from the brothers on here. 

• Veteran Member
12 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

Men don't complain about why women get a "break" off prayer and fasting because : a) they would not like nor would they be able to endure the pain many women feel during 'that time of the month' and b) because it is thanks to that very reason, women are able to have babies, which includes a very very very painful labour, which I'm sure no man would ever even want to experience. That's why I don't hear men complaining about women praying and fasting less. 

That is a very non-answer. If men could have babies, they would.

Your question is valid though.

Ever been to Mecca or seen people pray in kaaba?

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

I didn't. Throughout the thread I was steering it to my question. Scroll up. If you focussed on the question I actually asked instead of picking at irrelevant comments, you'd realise that. 

I would, if the marjas respond. Nevertheless I'll ask again. But you are at fault. Stop putting words in my mouth. My initial question was "why do men need to pray in front?" And "where is the evidence?", I have repeated these questions many many times throughout in a hopeless attempt to steer the conversation back to the original topic. I made one off- handed comment about the mere implications of men praying in front, when once again, I repeated time and time again that I did in fact believe that neither men or women are superior to eachother. 

Lol, very off-topic again. I already know that and I've already seen and read many many interpretations and applications of that ayah. How does that relate to men praying in front? 

For the last time, please stick to the original question. Anyway, I got insightful responses from the brothers on here. 

I refuted your claims. So obviously you have been off topic yourself. And if something happens to be a little off topic, you can simply focus on what is on topic. The world will not end and it will not kill you. Instead of making such a fuss about it, you can just focus on whats relevant according to you. Personally I always find what people write interesting in threads i follow even if it's completely off topic. It makes the discussion richer and more interesting as other aspects of the topic are brought into light. If one seeks to understand a certain topic then one is usually interested in anything that can help increase ones understanding of the specific issue. If one seeks truth that is.

I was giving you arguments for why the rulings are the way they are, in order for you to understand this issue better. People of reason accept reasonable explanations. It is unreasonable to believe that everything must be stated in the quran. In that case, why do you follow a marja at all? It's just not consistent or logical. 

And it's funny that you're happy by a brother telling you to contact your marja when I told you to do that before him, which you ignored. A tip: Look at what is being said instead of who is saying it.

I know you'd be happier if I as a woman was on your side on this issue and that it annoys you that I'm not. But I believe God SWT knows what is best for us, even if we as limited human beings don't find the laws logical ourselves. It's absolutely fine to seek answers, but even if we do not find them we must trust Allah SWT. 

In the aya I sent you it says that men excel women, so now you should no longer have a problem with women praying behind men. 

• Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Ever been to Mecca or seen people pray in kaaba?

Would be near impossible to arrange prayer with women in the back and men in the front at Qibla. Its chaotic as it is.

Besides that, the idea is that the spirituality of hajj and being in Mecca will override the nafs of men, especially during the time we wear Ihram, yet we hear about sexual harassment every year. Its sad.

• Veteran Member

Sahih al-Bukhari  Book 9 No. 490

Sahih al-Bukhari Book 22 No.306

Sahih Muslim Book 004 No. 0883

There is hadith l remember that said that during the Persecution the Muslims were so poor and the clothes in such bad condition that women raised their heads after men because too many private parts were visible.

Edited by hasanhh
spelin agin'
  • Advanced Member
30 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

I refuted your claims. 

Lol. What claims exactly? You know, you were on the right direction in the beginning, you were giving your relevant opinion on the question I posed. You just seemed to have got triggered by me stating the mere fact (for the tenth time) that men praying in front of women may simply imply that men are superior. I explained that I don't not think that Islam presents men as superior, which is why I found this law peculiar. I sought answers. Instead I found your judgement. Thanks. I made no claims. I asked questions, as one should when one is faced with something they don't understand, or is confused by. 

Instead of making such a fuss about it, you can just focus on whats relevant according to you. 

Who's making the fuss again? The only one making a fuss here is you. Key word: IMPLY. You made a fuss on this thread simply because I suggested that this law has certain implications, which I know are untrue. Nevertheless, they existed. Instead of attacking me for saying that one phrase which is quite frankly, irrelevant and a waste of time, you could've either kept your opinion about that one phrase limited, so that we can all carry on an interesting conversation. Not an argument over one phrase. 

It makes the discussion richer and more interesting as other aspects of the topic are brought into light

Well, I've had many interesting and rich conversations on these threads. The difference between this conversation and those is that this conversation is quite useless. You are being so nit-picky at one little phrase. I would've appreciated your reply if you had expressed your distaste for that one phrase in a limited manner, and moved on to the matter at hand. I was more than happy to hear about how Sarah -al- nisa explained why men should pray at front. It provide a rich and insightful conversation, free of attacks. 

People of reason accept reasonable explanations

I'm sure you know that better than anyone. You gave a reasonable explanation, I agreed with that reasonable explanation. In fact, my original post included your extremely reasonable explanation. I sought other possible reasonable explanations, which obviously angered you. 

In that case, why do you follow a marja at all?

I follow a marja because he is more knowledgeable than me and is able to help me live a good, Islamic way of life. I will not follow blindly, hence this whole thread to begin with. 

A tip: Look at what is being said instead of who is saying it.

I will take that amazing tip and keep it in my mind forever. I honestly don't know how I've been on ShiaChat all these months without that tip. 

I know you'd be happier if I as a woman was on your side on this issue and that it annoys you that I'm not

Really? What else am I thinking or feeling sister? I appreciate diversity and a difference in beliefs and ideology. What I don't appreciate, and what I really do find annoying is how people dig around for unnecessary arguments over such petty things. The only annoying thing is that you've been blinded by that one phrase that I said, and explained time and time again, that I did not mean. Instead , we could've had a proper intellectual conversation together. As two people. I honestly couldn't care less if you're a man or woman. 

It's absolutely fine to seek answers, but even if we do not find them we must trust Allah SWT. 

Agreed. 

you should no longer have a problem with women praying behind men

Thank you very much, but I'll decide if I have a problem with anything. Anyhow, I never expressed having a "problem". I was simply seeking a reasonable explanation for a rule I follow. After all, "it is absolutely fine to seek answers".

I'd love to carry on having a proper conversation with you about this. But if it's another attack, I'm not replying. I appreciate your contribution nevertheless. 

Edited by 2Timeless
  • Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Lol. What claims exactly? You know, you were on the right direction in the beginning, you were giving your relevant opinion on the question I posed. You just seemed to have got triggered by me stating the mere fact (for the tenth time) that men praying in front of women may simply imply that men are superior. I explained that I don't not think that Islam presents men as superior, which is why I found this law peculiar. I sought answers. Instead I found your judgement. Thanks. I made no claims. I asked questions, as one should when one is faced with something they don't understand, or is confused by. 

Who's making the fuss again? The only one making a fuss here is you. Key word: IMPLY. You made a fuss on this thread simply because I suggested that this law has certain implications, which I know are untrue. Nevertheless, they existed. Instead of attacking me for saying that one phrase which is quite frankly, irrelevant and a waste of time, you could've either kept your opinion about that one phrase limited, so that we can all carry on an interesting conversation. Not an argument over one phrase. 

Well, I've had many interesting and rich conversations on these threads. The difference between this conversation and those is that this conversation is quite useless. You are being so nit-picky at one little phrase. I would've appreciated your reply if you had expressed your distaste for that one phrase in a limited manner, and moved on to the matter at hand. I was more than happy to hear about how Sarah -al- nisa explained why men should pray at front. It provide a rich and insightful conversation, free of attacks. 

I'm sure you know that better than anyone. You gave a reasonable explanation, I agreed with that reasonable explanation. In fact, my original post included your extremely reasonable explanation. I sought other possible reasonable explanations, which obviously angered you. 

I follow a marja because he is more knowledgeable than me and is able to help me live a good, Islamic way of life. I will not follow blindly, hence this whole thread to begin with. 

I will take that amazing tip and keep it in my mind forever. I honestly don't know how I've been on ShiaChat all these months without that tip. 

Really? What else am I thinking or feeling sister? I appreciate diversity and a difference in beliefs and ideology. What I don't appreciate, and what I really do find annoying is how people dig around for unnecessary arguments over such petty things. The only annoying thing is that you've been blinded by that one phrase that I said, and explained time and time again, that I did not mean. Instead , we could've had a proper intellectual conversation together. As two people. I honestly couldn't care less if you're a man or woman. 

Agreed. 

Thank you very much, but I'll decide if I have a problem with anything. Anyhow, I never expressed having a "problem". I was simply seeking a reasonable explanation for a rule I follow. After all, "it is absolutely fine to seek answers".

1 hour ago, 2Timeless said:

You claimed that women praying behind men implies that men are superior to women.

You got an aya from the Quran that says that men excel women. 

Edited by Carlzone
  • Veteran Member
39 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Would be near impossible to arrange prayer with women in the back and men in the front at Qibla. Its chaotic as it is.

Besides that, the idea is that the spirituality of hajj and being in Mecca will override the nafs of men, especially during the time we wear Ihram, yet we hear about sexual harassment every year. Its sad.

Yes it is quite difficult. I went with my mother and wife. 2 of us would stand right behind the third person who would pray shooing people away.

• Advanced Member

As salaamun aleikum, at the end of the day, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has made men the maintainers and protectors of women, and has made them a degree above women.

Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى leads ALL of His creation, the Imams/Prophets etc. lead mankind/the ummah in general, the Imam at your local masjid leads the congregation, and the man/husband/brother, etc. leads his family including the females, in prayer.

Allah has made men the leaders of the family and his position as being "ahead" of the women in prayer is symbolic and a reminder of his position and status in society as well as in the privacy of his home with his family. At the end of the day, a family cannot have two leaders, and all issues must revert back to a single entity for the final conclusions and decisions in matters. Yes, man and woman should consult with each other before making serious decisions in their marriage, but at the end of the day, A woman has to understand that it's man's Islamic Duty and obligation to lead the family, so his word should be the final conclusion,this is a good reason why men need to be adl/just, so that their position as leader and final dexision maker in the famiky is not abused. This is something we need to remember, because when women start trying to "wear the pants" in the family, things go out of the balance Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has determined for us through Islam.

W/s