Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohammed-Mehdi

Saying of Imam Ali (AS)

Rate this topic

" Surely hated adversity has final objectives in which it will inevitably end, so the one who has an intellect should try to sleep over it until this happens, for surely any attempt to stop it before it has come to an end will only intensify that hated diversity even more. " 

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/various-sayings-imam-ali-ibn-abi-talib-imam-ali-ibn-abu-talib

Could someone tell us more about this saying, explain it perhaps?  

Thank you in advance.

On 7/30/2018 at 7:56 AM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

" Surely hated adversity has final objectives in which it will inevitably end, so the one who has an intellect should try to sleep over it until this happens, for surely any attempt to stop it before it has come to an end will only intensify that hated diversity even more. " 

What about it is unclear to you?

I just like to see someone tell us more. I am sure one could write more then one book in light of this saying alone.

Or someone explain its meaning, kind of a tafsir, if it is appropriate to use this word.

To do these well, I think one should look at the Arabic original.

Just now, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

I just like to see someone tell us more. I am sure one could write more then one book in light of this saying alone.

Or someone explain its meaning, kind of a tafsir, if it is appropriate to use this word.

To do these well, I think one should look at the Arabic original.

Do you have the Arabic original?  In one place it says adversity and then in another, it says diversity.  Wondering if the translator made an error.

I think what this quote is trying to put forward is; when there is an unpleasant situation e.g. war, instead of making it worse say if you decided to support one side more than the other or supply them goods or weapons etc you will make the opponents more angry and come back stronger so it will just worsen the situation. So you should do the wise thing and rather than that just wait until the right time and stay out of it and there surely will be an end to it, it can't go on till the end of time.

That's the best I can get out of it

Hope it helps