Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
fatma93

does everything happen for a reason?

Rate this topic

i know Allah is the greatest of planners and everything happens at its own pace but does EVERYTHING happen for a reason? for example, breaking a arm.. is that part of "everything happens for a reason"? or your friend speaking to the wrong crowed, can you say thats part of "everything happens for a reason?" 

what im trying to say is that does it matter how big or small, important or irrelevant.. does it happen for a reason?

In my opinion

YES

If you break your arm for instance,you might have avoided something more painful (a broken neck for example)

or if something doesn’t go your way,something much much better might happen in the near future 

I would say yes but we also should take responsibility as well. 

If I speed and get a ticket, that's my fault, I was speeding.

But if I apply to many jobs and try my best at the interviews and get shutdown but finally land a really good job, then we know that God was protecting us from those other jobs.

I guess a point to take away from all this is to look to the future and be not near sighted and give up because of current struggles.

We have free will, it’s our decisions that we make that causes things to happen we have the free will to avoid do bad and good, commit suicide or not. We create our own destiny whatever it may be. There might be good luck or bad luck in between but that’s pretty rare. 

3 hours ago, fatma93 said:

i know Allah is the greatest of planners and everything happens at its own pace but does EVERYTHING happen for a reason? for example, breaking a arm.. is that part of "everything happens for a reason"? or your friend speaking to the wrong crowed, can you say thats part of "everything happens for a reason?" 

what im trying to say is that does it matter how big or small, important or irrelevant.. does it happen for a reason?

Yes, everything happens for a reason. For example you broke your arm because you were not careful enough.

Salam...

Everything happens for a reason.  Whether the reasons / root causes / justifications are legitimate or not will depend on individual understanding of reality.  Humans are allowed to reason based on evidences.

To say an event that occurred is ultimately good or bad (with ultimate reasons of why an event occurred) is within the Wisdom of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.  Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is the Ultimate Judge.  

Getting closer to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is the best and safest direction.  It can only be done through His Representatives...siratalmustaqim.  He may reveal the true reason for an event that occurs to us...by His permission.

Wallahualam,

Layman

On 7/26/2018 at 3:30 AM, fatma93 said:

What do YOU mean by “reason”?

Do you mean to ask if there is wisdom in everything?

If so,  then yes.  A thing may be “irrelevant to you” but there is wisdom in its being there.  

If you don’t seem convinced by that then that is because you think that things in this world are independent of each other.  But look around....are there many things or is there only Oneness?  On what basis do we divide things? Where does anything begin and where does anything end?  Everything is actually seamless.  (In modern science, everything is said to be energy, but you don’t need to think of it like that).  Everything is interconnected such much so that you cannot say that there are many experiences but just experience as such.  Your body, for example, is not a bunch of cells, it is an organism, a whole.  Each cell has an important part to play and fits in a bigger picture.  In the same respect, each thing is a small peice of a greater puzzle.  There is only one creation because there is only one creative Act (Be!). This creative Act has no beginning and no end.  It is Perfect, One and Eternal.

Edited by eThErEaL

Everything happens for a reason because everything is part of a bigger plan which we might not be aware of at moment or maybe never but our Creator knows. 

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

I'm a firm believer there is no such thing as an accident.  Or when people say the wrong place at the wrong time.  

To avoid these so called accidents you can do acts of worship or du32s to prevent what was supposed to happen from not happening.

1)sadaqa

2)du32 of your parents 

3)du32 of the mo2mneen said for you without your knowledge 

4)silat al raham 

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

I believe in fate (allahs wills and the path he has chosen for us) however I also believe in free will. So we get to have choices in our lives. Therefore for every choice we make it’s like a contingency plan which leads us on our way. 

I believe that some things are just ment to happen. They are ment to be our tests regardless.