Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Nabi, Imam, Rasool

Rate this topic

25 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

He is called "Khalifa fil ardh" and told to "inform". Those 2 things combined make him a prophet.

According to your subjective reasoning.

Khidr is referred to as someone who received Ilm Ladunni from Allah, and as someone from whom Prophet Moses was sent to seek guidance.

In the same way you rationalized Adam’s prophesy without him being explicitly named as such in the Quran, I have likewise established the prophesy of Khidr.

• Veteran Member
8 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

According to your subjective reasoning.

Khidr is referred to as someone who received Ilm Ladunni from Allah, and as someone from whom Prophet Moses was sent to seek guidance.

In the same way you rationalized Adam’s prophesy without him being explicitly named as such in the Quran, I have likewise established the prophesy of Khidr.

But we have a problem.

How many others have been called "khalifa-fil-ardh" in the quran + been instructed to inform others.

Now compare that to your extrapolation that being "abd" + "receiving divine inspiration = prophethood. By this logic, you are "abd" and have claimed to receive "divine inspiration". If that is the only criteria then that makes you a prophet as well which you have denied. 

So I am using your denial to prove that using the same scale, Khidr is not a prophet either.

Either way, who had more knowledge - Khidr or Moses?

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Salam un Alaykum @Cherub786

Not everything in Bihar ul Anwar is authentic, it's like 110 volumes long lol, so if you could share the chain or something along those lines that would be useful, also I tried finding the tradition in the Bihar al Anwar, but I couldn't find it, and I'm guessing you have the book and you didn't copy it off of some site hopefully , so could you be more specific with the source? Thanks

Oh and we also have a stronger and authentic report that says otherwise:

Al Kafi, Vol. 1, ch. 111, tradition 2

مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ الْحَجَّالِ عَنْ حَمَّادٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) وَذَكَرَ رَسُولَ الله (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِه) فَقَالَ قَالَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) مَا بَرَأَ الله نَسَمَةً خَيْراً مِنْ مُحَمَّدٍ (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِه )

Ahmad ibn Muhammad from al-Hajjal from Hammad from abu ‘Abdallah ((عليه السلام).) who has said the following. When mentioning the the Messenger of Allah he said, “Amir al-Mu’minin Ali ((عليه السلام).) has said, “Allah has not created any creature better than Muhammad (s.a.).”

Allamah Majlisi(rh): صحيح

Oh and I don't think Mutawatir narrations from your books are a hujjah upon us

Edited by MaisumAli