Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why women should not wear makeup

Rate this topic

Guest Islandsandmirrorsnback

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Anonymous2144 said:

What part of organic is harmful?? None. Their are organic creams that help brighten your face which makes it Look white and nice 

You repeatedly say white is nice. What about a certain color or skin tone makes it so desirable that you want everyone to use products to look white? Is dark not nice? Is the entire population of non white skin not attractive? How can, for example, a dark skinned Senegalese man look white?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't understand why people are getting bent out of shape about a man wearing makeup unless the sole purpose of makeup is to seduce men.  If concealing blemishes is allowed for women, is there

Makeup is a form of oppression? I never thought that. Makeup is just a custom that little girls might be taught to teach them how to be feminine. In the US it is customary for girls to wear makeup in

Hey everyone, it is me.  @Laayla I don’t understand why you are referring to @Bakir as “an enemy” just because he is gay. As far as I know, he has refrained from acting on those feelings and he i

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Nevsevug said:

You repeatedly say white is nice. What about a certain color or skin tone makes it so desirable that you want everyone to use products to look white? Is dark not nice? Is the entire population of non white skin not attractive? How can, for example, a dark skinned Senegalese man look white?

A dark skinned women tend be attractive to dark skinned men since they are attracted to these type of women the most. But for light skin or white skin men, dark skinned girls are not attractive to them accept for some light skin men and a few white people. 

Not all dark skin women are not attractive, some have a nice mid tone which makes them look attractive. 

tan skin tone can looked good on some women and ugly some, thats why sometimes face whiting or a good moisturiser will be a good thing to use make the skin glow nicely and look attractive. 

Edited by Anonymous2144
6 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Its not racist, it helps burnt out people like me go back to their glory days. Also it’s for dark skin people to have nice light skin tone. 

Well if you have to use it to disguise a defect then that's okay. Its just the way that many people use it these days that makes it morally disrespectful. 

Edited by Murtaza1
Just now, Murtaza1 said:

Well if you have to use it to disguise a defect then that's okay. Its just the way that many people these days seem to use it these days is morally disrespectful. 

I don’t see the problem with people wanting to go abit whiter or light skinned. I don’t find any racism in that, Everyone has their own desires on what skin tone they would like to have.

15 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

A dark skinned women tend be attractive to dark skinned men since they are attracted to these type of women the most. But for light skin or white skin men, dark skinned girls are not attractive to them accept for some light skin men and a few white people. 

Not all dark skin women are not attractive, some have a nice mid tone which makes them look attractive. 

tan skin tone can looked good on some women and ugly some, thats why sometimes face whiting or a good moisturiser will be a good thing to use make the skin glow nicely and look attractive. 

I am not sure if that is true. I think it is good to be different than the other person in order to be compatible and complimentary to each others personalities and other sensory aspects 

1 minute ago, Anonymous2144 said:

I don’t see the problem with people wanting to go abit whiter or light skinned. I don’t find any racism in that, Everyone has their own desires on what skin tone they would like to have.

Its quite different when we see people kiling and ridiculing each other in places like india and Pakistan over it

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Its not racist, it helps burnt out people like me go back to their glory days. Also it’s for dark skin people to have nice light skin tone. 

3 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

What are you talking about? None of this makes sense. The color of someone’s skin doesn’t make them more or less attractive. You keep implying that dark skin isn’t attractive and a “mid tone” is okay as long as you whiten? Why do dark people need a “nice light skin tone”? You might desire that for yourself because of some kind of internalized love for Eurocentric beauty standards but it’s not okay to repeatedly tell others to get whiter in order to be more beautiful. These comments you keep making ARE going in the racist direction and it would be better for you to stop. 

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

The way Allah created you is no mistake.  You can be light skinned and have colored eyes, to some people this is beautiful but would you still see this person as beautiful if they have zero akhlaq?  Most likely, your answer is no.

I know many African sisters and they are dark.  They are the most beautiful, loving, caring, people I met in my life.  I kiss and hug them from all my heart.  I love them because of their akhlaq and their love for the Deen, and their beautiful relationship with Allah swt.  Their inner beauty reflects their outer beauty.  

Beauty fades yet akhlaq remains.  

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

12 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

The color of someone’s skin doesn’t make them more or less attractive. 

In reality it does, the majority of white men  or maybe light skin men are not attracted to dark skinned women, but dark skinned men are attracted to dark skinned women and also sometimes white women aswell. 

12 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

mid tone” is okay as long as you whiten? 

I didn’t say a mid tone is okay as long as you whiten. Some whitening creams or moisturiser help dark skinned people achieve that mid tone look, now a days a lot of dark skinned people like going for the mid tone look or light skin (like South Africans i think?).

• Advanced Member

In reality it does, the majority of white men  or maybe light skin men are not attracted to dark skinned women, but dark skinned men are attracted to dark skinned women and also sometimes white women aswell. 

I didn’t say a mid tone is okay as long as you whiten. Some whitening creams or moisturiser help dark skinned people achieve that mid tone look, now a days a lot of dark skinned people like going for the mid tone look or light skin (like South Africans i think?).

Listen bro, I understand that you have your preferences but people with darker skin are discriminated against in their own communities all over the world, so this is a very sensitive topic. 

I have seen that arabs (iraqis) have this "white is better" mentality first hand. It is very disrespectful to people of darker colours.

I will never forget an incident that happened to me in a swimming hall some years back. A black woman came up to me, pointed at my skin and said "I've always wanted to have skin like yours." This broke my heart. And I can't imagine how much discrimination she must have faced because of her skin in order to say something like that. It's just sad. We should all be happy and celebrate how Allah SWT created us and not feel inferior because of skin/hair/eye colour or other attributes. 

Personally I'm small and people in the country I live in are very tall. So for some years when I was little I felt bad because of this, but then I was given a really nice compliment that made a huge impact on me and made me get over this insecurity forever. And since then I love being the size I am. :)

41 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Listen bro, I understand that you have your preferences but people with darker skin are discriminated against in their own communities all over the world, so this is a very sensitive topic. 

It’s normal in the dark skin culture to desire a slightly lighter skin tone. I know black people like having a fair skin tone not too light or too dark. And some black people go for a the light  skin tone. Some are also born with light skin. 

I know their are people that are being discriminated within their own community’s but that’s not my problem. These people are just stupid and will always be stupid, you can’t do anything about it. 

Edited by Anonymous2144
  • Advanced Member
16 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

It’s normal in the dark skin culture to desire a slightly lighter skin tone. I know black people like having a fair skin tone not too light or too dark. And some black people go for a the light  skin tone. Some are also born with light skin. 

I know their are people that are being discriminated within their own community’s but that’s not my problem. These people are just stupid and will always be stupid, you can’t do anything about it. 

Have you ever thought why they want light skin colour? - Because of the discrimination and brainwashing that taught them on a (sub)conscious level that white skin is better than darker skin. We don't have to add fuel to the fire. 

1 hour ago, Carlzone said:

Personally I'm small and people in the country I live in are very tall. So for some years when I was little I felt bad because of this, but then I was given a really nice compliment that made a huge impact on me and made me get over this insecurity forever. And since then I love being the size I am. :)

Being small is not an issue. Ahlulbayt (a.s) recommend men to marry slightly short women. Furthermore short people tend to be a lot more healthy due to being short. 

Im a bit short aswell and everyone is taller then me but that wasn’t problem though. 

2 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Have you ever thought why they want light skin colour? - Because of the discrimination and brainwashing that taught them on a (sub)conscious level that white skin is better than darker skin. We don't have to add fuel to the fire. 

No that’s not the case some dark skinned people genuinely think  light skin or fair skin is beautiful. everyone has their own desires and preferences. 

My skin colour is shet on me even though it’s not my original skin colour that I had before. Some people are the cause of their own selfs on why they have unhealthy skin. Thus they have a valid reason (such as me) for not liking their skin colour and want to have a nicer,healthier glowing skin. 

Edited by Anonymous2144
  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Anonymous2144 said:

No that’s not the case some dark skinned people genuinely think  light skin or fair skin is beautiful. everyone has their own desires and preferences. 

My skin colour is shet on me even though it’s not my original skin colour that I had before. Some people are the cause of their own selfs on why they have unhealthy skin. 

Of course preferences vary, but overall we humans are affected by contemporary ideals and white skin at least in the middle East is considered more attractive. 

Of course preferences vary, but overall we humans are affected by contemporary ideals and white skin at least in the middle East is considered more attractive. 

Their type of white skin is wayyy to white if your talking about Iraq and women look ugly with that type of skin, it’s way to pale to extent they look fake. Their kind of white is equal to the colour code white on white if you have heard that before, similar to white eggs colour(the shell).

What I’m tryna say is the Iraq’s point of view on  “white skin” is attractive is not realistic since it’s way too white and looks unrealistic.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Being small is not an issue. Ahlulbayt (a.s) recommend men to marry slightly short women. Furthermore short people tend to be a lot more healthy due to being short. 

Im a bit short aswell and everyone is taller then me but that wasn’t problem though. 

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Respected brother/sister

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه 

Sorry if I may ask, You are saying Ahlul Bayt(asws) recommended men to marry slightly short women?

So what about those tall women that are born by nature this way?

Had everybody started following Ahlul Bayt's(asws) advice on this all the taller women would have had cursed themselves for being born even in the first place as because nobody would have been marrying them.

Hence this rule is unjust and therefore it cannot be laid by Ahlul Bayt(asws) dear fellow.

• Advanced Member

White skin colour, brown skin colour, muddish skin colour or black skin colour. 

In the end nothing matters except the character and personality of your husband/wife.

I promise you in this, if the person is very nice and is a lover and follower of Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww), you will enjoy every bit with them that you spend. Promise.

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

White skin colour, brown skin colour, muddish skin colour or black skin colour. 

In the end nothing matters except the character and personality of your husband/wife.

16 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

What I’m tryna say is the Iraq’s point of view on  “white skin” is attractive is not realistic since it’s way too white and looks unrealistic.

the definition of white for each nation & culture is different from each other , during time of Imam Ali (as) arabs were knowing themselves as white & Iranians as red skin if we follow their code  Persians were like native Americans toward Europeans :) white code & color code we follow now is defined by Europeans that call themselves as whites but for natives there were pale skins 

it's a famous incident that Imam Ali (as) was talking for Iraninas & they were surrounding him like butterflies surround over light at that time Ash'as ibn Qaith came to mosque & when he saw it , he said O Ali you favored  red skins over us white skins.that Imam Ali (as) became angry said if i leave them i will be from tyrants , one day will come that they will hate to back you to Islam (by explainnig of true Islam) as you hitted them with sword to enter them to Islam.

2 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

the definition of white for each nation & culture is different from each other , during time of Imam Ali (as) arabs were knowing themselves as white & Iranians as red skin if we follow their code  Persians were like native Americans toward Europeans :) white code & color code we follow now is defined by Europeans that call themselves as whites but for natives there were pale skins 

it's a famous incident that Imam Ali (as) was talking for Iraninas & they were surrounding him like butterflies surround over light at that time Ash'as ibn Qaith came to mosque & when he saw it , he said O Ali you favored  red skins over us white skins.that Imam Ali (as) became angry said if i leave them i will be from tyrants , one day will come that they will hate to back you to Islam (by explainnig of true Islam) as you hitted them with sword to enter them to Islam.

Its true i think people are mixed up and confused. They do not understand the difference between skin colour and skin tone.

People from different races can share the same skin tone. Skin tone is what the skin looks like on reflected natural grey light. In colour theory Tone means mixing grey to a natural colour such as red, green and blue. Other colours are created by mixing and experimenting with different colours. 

I suggest people google Colour Wheel and click on images to see this example on a Colour Wheel. Even though the colour wheel represents Hues instead of tones but it is a good place to start to learn about colour theory. Hues are created when a natural colour is mixed with white rather than grey as Tones are. 

e. g. The Indian flag features a peacock's spot which symbolically stands for many different skin tones shared by Indian people. They come in many different skin tones. North Indians tend to be much lighter than South Indians. Under natural light this reflection can be measured

Here is a link to a Skin Tone chart:

http://studioknow.com/2011/07/world-skin-tone-chart/

Edited by Murtaza1

To be more exact the studioknow.com skin tone chart is based on the original skin tone chart created by Felix Van. I don't support the studioknow.com interpretation because its quite prejudiced because they call number 29 "Suicide Bomber Brown". 

Anyway here is Felix's original skin tone chart. The world map really shows how skin tones are shared by people of different races on different continents.

I think I am 24 on the chart in what studioknow.com call "Powdered Lady Boy" lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Luschan's_chromatic_scale

Edited by Murtaza1