Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Wars and Caliphates

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam I have a fel questions my dear brothers and sisters.

1. I feel like Sunni Islam (abu bakr,uthman,Omar’s) have been spreading our great religion in a really bad way (by the sword) like terrorist groups. Because they attacked other contries and forced others to be muslim. They killed innocent people and I think if u spread anything with violence others won’t want to follow that religion. I’m not saying that Sunnis are bad I mean that this shows that our Imams are the rightly guided ones. Because they didn’t do stuff like this! Does anyone agree with how I’m thinking and if not how? Plz tell me.

2. The prophet Muhammad never attacked any other country and the Imams didn’t but the caliphs did so.Does this mean that Shia Islam is peaceful? (In my opinion yes)

3. Has the prophet or Imams ever attacked any contries (Not what I know, but if so why?)

4. I know that Imam Ali got the power to take over some caliphate after the 3 caliphs died. But why did he accept it? Is it because he made a nicer,kinder regime. 

Thank u dear brothers and sister I have been thinking of this for 1 year now.

• Veteran Member
On 7/22/2018 at 6:00 PM, Haji1 said:

But why did he accept it? Is it because he made a nicer,kinder regime.

1-it was his duty to lead umma in times of crisis

2-ansar and some muhajireen practically begged him

3-his nomination was held in the most democractic way by popular bayah in a mosque 

4-he never forced anyone to take bayah 

5-after murder of uthman , his ummayyad  governers would have killed a lot of people who were involved in agitation against uthman ( who had legitimate greviances) unless imam took the leadership and established a central govt in Medina and gave legal protection to these revolutionaries 

Edited by Panzerwaffe