Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Natsu

Did jesus die?

Rate this topic

According to Islam its not true.

Quran Surah An-Nisa {4:157}

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Jesus was crucified. This is a fundamental belief in Christianity. And I believe that the Quran is in conformity with this Christian belief. 

First let's consider the reality of Jesus Christ. According to the Quran: Jesus is a Word of God (3:45) and the Messenger of God (3:53). Is it possible for humans to destroy a Word of God? Or change the Will of God? The reality of Jesus is far greater than His physical presence. The Jews crucified Jesus but Christ lives on. Could we say that the life of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon Him, ended here on earth? Or is He living in the Afterlife?

Another point to consider is the people saying "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah". The "we" is referring to the Jews who did not believe in the afterlife. This is a verse from the Old Testament, in the Book of Wisdom, Chapter 2, I recommend reading the whole chapter:

1Their foolish minds lead them
to say to each other:
“Life is short and sad—
the end is certain to come,
and no one escapes the grave.
2Only by chance were we born,
and after we are gone,
everything will be
as though we had never been.
Our breath is merely smoke,
and reason is a spark
from the beat of our hearts.
3When that beating ends,
our bodies turn to dust,
and our spirits vanish
into thin air.

In conclusion, Jesus was crucified and martyred but His Spirit lives on.

Hi @Arminmo, I don't see why Christians would need to lie about this or that the Bible would need to be changed to include it in. This is something that all Christians believe in and is a central and well established theme in Christianity.

Let's take a closer look at 4:157

وَقَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا الْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَٰكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ ۚ وَإِنَّ الَّذِينَ اخْتَلَفُوا فِيهِ لَفِي شَكٍّ مِّنْهُ ۚ مَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلَّا اتِّبَاعَ الظَّنِّ ۚ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينًا - 4:157

Pickthall: And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.

So the event of Crucifixion took place. To the eyes of the oppressors they put an end to Christ, but from the Quran we know that this was not the end of Christ.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL: Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

بَل رَّفَعَهُ اللَّهُ إِلَيْهِ ۚ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَزِيزًا حَكِيمًا - 4:158

2 hours ago, megaman said:

Jesus was crucified. This is a fundamental belief in Christianity.

First let's consider the reality of Jesus Christ. According to the Quran: Jesus is a Word of God (3:45) and the Messenger of God (3:53). Is it possible for humans to destroy a Word of God? Or change the Will of God? The reality of Jesus is far greater than His physical presence. The Jews crucified Jesus but Christ lives on. Could we say that the life of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon Him, ended here on earth? Or is He living in the Afterlife?

Another point to consider is the people saying "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah". The "we" is referring to the Jews who did not believe in the afterlife. This is a verse from the Old Testament, in the Book of Wisdom, Chapter 2, I recommend reading the whole chapter:

In conclusion, Jesus was crucified and martyred but His Spirit lives on.

l see you self identify as a Ba'hai, so ...

"Jesus was crucified" : in the 300s CC there was an effort to form one church for the Mediterranean region to form a united front against Manichaeism. When you read Eusebius, you'II note that there were 10 versions of Matthew that needed sorted out -as one example. Then there was the question of the crucifixion and resurrection story. What was noted was of the Christians 60% believed in this, while 40% did among the heretics (what we'd call: sick-in-the-heads). So the Church chose this story. lf you have heard "you can't call yourself Christian and not believe this", this is where that mandate comes from.

"Jesus is a from a Word of God"  The trilateral root is kaf lam min  which occurs 75 times in Quran and is devoid of any mystical pretenses and its meaning is in the sense of 'spoken'.

Humans really do not do anything much more than imagine things.

Jesus is not "great". Only the God of Noah, Allah-s.w.t. is Great.

In Christian gospels, Romans did the alleged execution.

As for Muhammad-s.a.w.s., He-s.a.w.s. said as quoted in al-Bukhari Book 60 Number 337 that after the Second Trumpet is blown (the Resurrection) and He-s.a.w.s. raises His-s.a.w.s. head, He-s.a.w.s. will see Musa-a.s. already standing by the Throne.  So, He-s.a.w.s. is not "living in an 'afterlife'.

The remainder your post is a repetition of what you already allege.

Edited by hasanhh

Hi @hasanhh, yes I consider myself a Baha'i :)

23 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

you can't call yourself Christian and not believe this", this is where that mandate comes from.

I've heard that regarding Jehovah's witnesses because they don't accept the Trinity idea.

25 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Jesus is not "great". Only the God of Noah, Allah-s.w.t. is Great.

Brother, I don't think it's right to say that. Allah is the Most Great, but the Messengers of God are praiseworthy as well.

8 hours ago, megaman said:

but the Messengers of God are praiseworthy as well

Again you want to propogate Bahau'Allah as a Messenger  :blabla:,i advise you to don't do it.

23 hours ago, megaman said:

Hi @hasanhh, yes I consider myself a Baha'i :)

Baha'is are the followers of this guy who calls himself the "Blessed Beauty".

This guy is believed to be a "Manifestation of God" and "Sender of the Prophets"

Baha'is believe that this guy is the "Return of Imam Husayn"

Here is one quote from one of his tablet

A messenger is one who fulfills my mission to those who have lost their path. The vicar [imam] is one who stands before my countenance with manifest humility. The lieutenant [vali] is one who seeks shelter in the fortress of my secure protection. The successor [vasi] is one who counsels the people with what we have commanded them in a guarded tablet.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160417160508/http://www.h-net.org/~bahai/trans/vol4/mubahal.htm

Edited by Hameedeh
Image removed. Please do not post this image again.