Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Islamic punishment (hudud) vs repent (tawba)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Scenario:

I was thinking about the scenario and curious about it. So here it is.

Suppose there is a man A who has killed someone but he was punished by islamic law (like by chopping of his hands). There is an another man B who also has killed someone but he somehow didn't got the punishment but he repented with the pure heart and suppose he was actually repented by god.

Now, here are my questions:

1. In the above scenario, who will be punished in hereafter? If neither then isn't this against adal that Man A was inflicted with the punishment and the Man B was save from his hands chopped?

2. Since god has discussed the punishment of here and hereafter, if someone gets punished here, will he/she will be punished in hereafter too?

Thanks. :)

Edited by Abraram

1 hour ago, Abraram said:

Scenario:

I was thinking about the scenario and curious about it. So here it is.

Suppose there is a man A who has killed someone but he was punished by islamic law (like by chopping of his hands). There is an another man B who also has killed someone but he somehow didn't got the punishment but he repented with the pure heart and suppose he was actually repented by god.

Now, here are my questions:

1. In the above scenario, who will be punished in hereafter? If neither then isn't this against adal that Man A was inflicted with the punishment and the Man B was save from his hands chopped?

2. Since god has discussed the punishment of here and hereafter, if someone gets punished here, will he/she will be punished in hereafter too?

Thanks. :)

1) a murderer does not get his hands chopped off, the family of the victim can either ask for money compensation or they can sentence him to death. This is a matter of qisas, not hudud.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

1) a murderer does not get his hands chopped off, the family of the victim can either ask for money compensation or they can sentence him to death. This is a matter of qisas, not hudud.

But this doesn't answer my question. The question is not a debate on what is the hudud qisas whatever. I want to know if one of them repents, is this adal for the other to be punished?

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Abraram said:

But this doesn't answer my question. The question is not a debate on what is the hudud qisas whatever. I want to know if one of them repents, is this adal for the other to be punished?

Yes IN MY OPINION 

because if he doesn’t want to ask for forgiveness then he should be punished

if he doesn’t repent,it means that he will do it again some time later

so do u think the law is just gonna let him go?