ali_fatheroforphans

The most dumbest thing

Rate this topic

The dumbest thing i believed in as a child is the 'work hard and you'll get there' maxim.

Now I see those who surely don't work hard 'getting there' through by-routes, often at my ownexpense, so this is the dumbest thing I believed in.:D

But this is a dumb thing I still believe in.:)

4 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

The dumbest thing i believed in as a child is the 'work hard and you'll get there' maxim.

Now I see those who surely don't work hard 'getting there' through by-routes, often at my ownexpense, so this is the dumbest thing I believed in.:D

But this is a dumb thing I still believe in.:)

That's not dumb, that is the truth.

What has laziness ever done for a person?

11 hours ago, hasanhh said:

The Earth is shaped like a pear.

l am real sleepy so l'II explain later.

When we were pre-schoolers, my one sister and l asked Mom what the Earth was shaped like. She said, "a pear".

When l was in 4th grade, we had a substitute, and when she asked the class the same questioned l answered, "a pear". She said, "No, a spheroid."

So when l went home l asked what a spheroid was.

Decades later, my older sister and l were talking about the 'pear' answer. Sister said she thought that it was crazy even then because the Moon, Sun were round balls and then when she saw drawings of planets, they were round. l told here l Iooked through one of Mom's college books from the 1930s and it had the pear shape in it. So it wasn't something she made-up.

Then in 2007 (and here is how l know what year) there was a 50th Anniversary remembrance for the 1957 lGY --lnternational Geophysical Year. One of the surviving scientists was interviewed who was in-some-way connected to the rocketry-photography programs. He was asked on why they also said the Earth is pear-shaped. His answer was, to convey the idea that when you looked down on the Earth from the North Pole, the Earth slightly bulged more in the middle  --like a pear-- than a ball will.

:hahaha:

OPINE: Now if this ain't a case of pseudo-intellectual garbage by snobbish 'elites', l cannot imagine what is.

17 hours ago, Laayla said:

That's not dumb, that is the truth.

What has laziness ever done for a person?

That's true, sister. What I am trying to imply is that lazy but manipulative people bag rewards and gains without working hard. :) Unlike what we regular folks do.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:03 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

What was the most dumbest/stupidest thing(s) you believed in as a child?

I myself believed that babies were thrown from the sky.

Now that is here old dotard is in his 2nd childhood, l believed that "Most Popular" topics forum would still be here for a while.

l guess it was all a hallucination.

I don't mean to be direspectful, but I am gonna be honest. When I was young, I use to see my dad cry during majlis in Muharram, and obviously a lot of other people. I use to think that all of those who were crying lost their house keys and were unable to get back home.

I was a pretty sensible as a kid but not so sensible when I grew up.The dumbest thing I believed in my life was until my twenties - life is fair, if you will be nice to others,others will be nice to you.

For most of my childhood, I believed that my older sister was trying to kill me. Later it occurred to me that if she really meant to, she would have succeeded a hundred times over. Whenever no more bubbles came out, she always let go. 

Mmm dumbest thing was def when i was 4 years old and thought i could swim without a life jacket my first time ever swimming so i took off the jacket, jumped in the deep end, and ended up on the brink of death lool.

Just a dumb thought was that if i left my shoes pointing at the sky, God would flip the entire house upside down.. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, notme said:

For most of my childhood, I believed that my older sister was trying to kill me. Later it occurred to me that if she really meant to, she would have succeeded a hundred times over. Whenever no more bubbles came out, she always let go. 

Maybe she is just bidding her time.

:D

Note: The shaytan made me write that.

On 7/25/2018 at 7:17 AM, starlight said:

I was a pretty sensible as a kid but not so sensible when I grew up.The dumbest thing I believed in my life was until my twenties - life is fair, if you will be nice to others,others will be nice to you.

OMG! This is exactly what why I was thinking. In fact, I was naive enough to believe this up until my mid/late twenties.  I guess a lot depends on your upbringing and the environment that you had in your home during your childhood, as this will colour your view of the world accordingly. My parents are honest, simple and straight forward people who do not lie or distort the truth. They wish well for others and are good muslims. They naturally associated with like minded people and I now realise what a bubble I'd lived my life in whilst growing up. I was in for a nasty awakening in my mid twenties and I have to admit that I am still deeply hurt about how toxic, bitter and malicious most people really are. I had been cocooned all my life from this side of the world so when reality hit me with full force in my mid twenties, it left me deeply confused and disturbed. I definitely suffer from trust issues because of it and I'm trying to train myself not to automatically expect the worst in people - but it will take time. I realise that I have gone from one extreme to the other and I am working on trying to find the optimal balance. 

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Maybe she is just bidding her time.

:D

Note: The shaytan made me write that.

Maybe she was, but she got over it. She's nice now, even has really happy and well adjusted children. 

During my childhood , the dumbest that I believe is that  fairytale are real