Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The most dumbest thing

Rate this topic

• Development Team
Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2018 at 1:03 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

What was the most dumbest/stupidest thing(s) you believed in as a child?

I myself believed that babies were thrown from the sky.

Salam. I thought a big bird carried a baby to Earth from Heaven. Maybe there was a cartoon that babies come down from the sky?

Edited by wolverine
  • 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 7/13/2018 at 3:24 PM, shiasoldier786 said:

Dumbest thing I ever believed as a child, was that one day, maybe just one day, Liverpool would win the premier league. 

Not so dumb anymore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

When I was young, my mother use to say that her grandmother is big (she meant her age) but I thought that her height is 50 meters, so I use to think if we get older, our height increases.

• Advanced Member
On 7/9/2018 at 2:03 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

What was the most dumbest/stupidest thing(s) you believed in as a child?

I myself believed that babies were thrown from the sky.

I was about 3, I believed Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was a marvel superhero.

• Advanced Member

When my mom used to say "yai kapray chotey ho gai ap ko". I actually thought that the clothes decreased in size. Instead of believing that it was actually me who got bigger I thought the clothes got smaller and I believed this till I was 10.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, ahlulbayt_72 said:

When my mom used to say "yai kapray chotey ho gai ap ko". I actually thought that the clothes decreased in size. Instead of believing that it was actually me who got bigger I thought the clothes got smaller

When my son was younger about 3/4 and I told him he wasn't allowed fizzy drinks because 'fizzy drinks peenay se bachay chotay reh jatay hain' and he made a very worried anxious face and asked me 'you mean I could shrink to become small as my Lego figures?'

• Moderators

Since I had read it when I was 7 until I was finished highschool at 17 -- this is after I'd been on this site for a couple of years as well, funny enough, so my oldest posts are from a time I didn't think about this again -- I really believed that a pair of twins, named Romulus and Remus, raised by a wolf (this part in particular is what I think was just way too dumb for a 17 year old not to think about twice) founded Rome. I only realized that's probably not the case when at 17 I thought about it again and said to myself "no, wait, that's ridiculous it never happened". I should say it obviously wasn't an active belief but it's just funny I never shook the notion off until that late.

Edited by Ibn Al-Ja'abi