Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The most dumbest thing

Rate this topic

ali_fatheroforphans

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 7/13/2018 at 3:24 PM, shiasoldier786 said:

Dumbest thing I ever believed as a child, was that one day, maybe just one day, Liverpool would win the premier league. 

Not so dumb anymore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

When I was young, my mother use to say that her grandmother is big (she meant her age) but I thought that her height is 50 meters, so I use to think if we get older, our height increases.

• Advanced Member

As a kid when I saw homeless people living on the streets or begging for money I always used to wonder why poor people even existed in the first place when they could just attempt to rob a bank or something and get free housing and food in jail

• Advanced Member
On 7/9/2018 at 2:03 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

What was the most dumbest/stupidest thing(s) you believed in as a child?

I myself believed that babies were thrown from the sky.

I was about 3, I believed Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was a marvel superhero.

• Advanced Member

When my mom used to say "yai kapray chotey ho gai ap ko". I actually thought that the clothes decreased in size. Instead of believing that it was actually me who got bigger I thought the clothes got smaller and I believed this till I was 10.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, ahlulbayt_72 said:

When my mom used to say "yai kapray chotey ho gai ap ko". I actually thought that the clothes decreased in size. Instead of believing that it was actually me who got bigger I thought the clothes got smaller

When my son was younger about 3/4 and I told him he wasn't allowed fizzy drinks because 'fizzy drinks peenay se bachay chotay reh jatay hain' and he made a very worried anxious face and asked me 'you mean I could shrink to become small as my Lego figures?'

• Moderators

Since I had read it when I was 7 until I was finished highschool at 17 -- this is after I'd been on this site for a couple of years as well, funny enough, so my oldest posts are from a time I didn't think about this again -- I really believed that a pair of twins, named Romulus and Remus, raised by a wolf (this part in particular is what I think was just way too dumb for a 17 year old not to think about twice) founded Rome. I only realized that's probably not the case when at 17 I thought about it again and said to myself "no, wait, that's ridiculous it never happened". I should say it obviously wasn't an active belief but it's just funny I never shook the notion off until that late.

Edited by Ibn Al-Ja'abi

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 11/20/2020 at 4:15 AM, hasanhh said:

That black panthers were "coal cats". Which l should explain: 1] this was the 1950s, 2] we had a coal furnace.

So my sister's first cat/kitten was black and l called it a 'coal cat'.

Salaam,

I just wonder how old are you? Do you even have memories of 1920s or 30s?

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

I think the absolute dumbest thing I believed as a child was that cartoons were made by real-life actors wearing costumes.

I had no concept of how animation worked at 4 or 5 years old and can't remember exactly when I learned that cartoons were made by drawing pictures.

• Advanced Member
On 11/19/2020 at 9:07 PM, Jaabir said:

As a kid when I saw homeless people living on the streets or begging for money I always used to wonder why poor people even existed in the first place when they could just attempt to rob a bank or something and get free housing and food in jail

This is actually a common practice in America during winter months. A homeless guy will look for a cop, and then break a window or something in front of said cop so he gets taken to a warm place with food during the winter. Pretty sad that this is actually something that people do in America.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I'm not sure if I remember this right, but I had a Salafi teacher who told me that God is not like His creation, then gave an example that made me think about a weird hybrid animal as an example of 'not being like His creation'.

I hated him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

As a kid I used to believe that the Qur'ans in our home were literally handwritten by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). I remember once I had a non-Muslim friend come by and I showed him a Qur'an, I opened it and told him: "Look, this is the handwriting of God, but you're not allowed to touch it !". Apparently I didn't know that printing was a thing.

• 5 months later...
  • Forum Administrators

When I was a child I thought snow was magic; you wake up in the morning and snow is everywhere. When I was 8 years old, I was leaving school about noon to go home for lunch. We lived very close to school. Walking by the school office, I could hear a radio playing and the reporter was talking about the snow storm that was on its way. It wasn't magic, it was weather. 

Guest Phoenix AR

I believed for a long time that I was adopted because I couldn't find any resemblance between me and my parents. My sister was a total photocopy of my mother since 1 day old. But I questioned myself why do I look so different and assumed that I was adopted.

Frustrated I asked this to my parents 1 day and they laughed and told me that I resemble my late grandfather and that I was living a lie in my imagination. But as I grew up I got sense and knew that looks doesn't matter but all my actions were total similar to my father's. I am now my father's daughter.

• Advanced Member

As a child, I was told that prayers can change things and are answered in mysterious ways. so, on my way to school, I used to think about how can my prayers get my teacher absent if she has already left for school.

I used to check my pockets to see that God might have given me some magical button to change things.