Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Happens After Death?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Asalamu Alaykum brothers and sisters.

I was born a Shi’a but was never really taught anything about Islam. So Alhamdulillah I’ve been researching and learning about Islam on my own. I had a question, I understand what the judgement day is going to be like, but when we die will we be sent to heaven/hell then on judgement day we all will be resurrected and judged? Or will we go to heaven/hell after judgement day? If so what happens between death and judgment day ? I’m sorry I’m very ignorant on the subject. Could someone please explain?

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, AliAlsaidy said:

Asalamu Alaykum brothers and sisters.

I was born a Shi’a but was never really taught anything about Islam. So Alhamdulillah I’ve been researching and learning about Islam on my own. I had a question, I understand what the judgement day is going to be like, but when we die will we be sent to heaven/hell then on judgement day we all will be resurrected and judged? Or will we go to heaven/hell after judgement day? If so what happens between death and judgment day ? I’m sorry I’m very ignorant on the subject. Could someone please explain?

The following links may be helpful in this concern:

https://www.al-islam.org/the-hereafter-maad-ayatullah-dastaghaib-shirazi/death

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/death-beautiful-gift-believer

• Advanced Member

You go to an intermediary between this world and the afterlife, called the barzakh. There, we are punished for our sins in this world in a (very) brutal manner, until Allah rises us from the grave and judgement day begins. The imams (as) said that what they fear for us (shia) the most is the realm of barzakh. We should repent for all our sins sincerely, so the punishment in the grave (barzakh) is lightened on us inshaAllah.

If you were a believing Muslim, and abstained from sin and engaged in righteous deeds, it will not be a horrifying experience for you at all.

If you want more info, watch this documentary

Edited by Hussaini624