Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hasanhh

Only Me ?

Rate this topic

Assalamallikum,

l was trying to discover what "Dragon Ball" is and then my negative reaction to it.

Now to reverse this, let us try this:  Answer this Question:

What is it that l do that no one else seems to take an interest in.

We may find a similar person.

l record news and the talking heads on TV.

Then watch them years and decades later.

Recently l watched a 2007 and a 1995 tapes.

You'd be amazed about how wrong commentators came out to be; policy makers changing their posturing; and how useless some information was.

There were also a couple of programs that l completely forgot about and enjoyed watching them.

Edited by hasanhh
spellin'

I was trying to think of something that only I do, and came up with nothing. 

I stare at the night sky with binoculars. My favorite things to find are Jupiter and the Orion Nebula.

I read lots of science books and sci-fi books.

I take free online courses.

I play with my kids.

I cook well enough. 

I know how to crochet. I'm really slow at it. I make winter hats and single mittens. I think if I keep trying, eventually I will be able to produce a matched pair.

I work on my garden of fruit trees and grapevines. It came with the house but was neglected for many years.

I'm shockingly, disappointingly normal. :(

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Answer this Question:

What is it that l do that no one else seems to take an interest in.

Salam. Instead of following people on Twitter or Facebook, I watch their Wikipedia page. :shifty:

1 hour ago, shiasoldier786 said:

Whenever I click on a news article/story, I click to just read peoples comments and reaction, and not the article itself... 

Same when I'm on Facebook :) its too much to follow the link to the article so I read everyone's comments instead lol. 

For myself, I wash bananas before I eat them. And all other fruit and veggies of course, but I think most people don't wash bananas. 

I watch old television commercials, public service announcements, station sign offs (when that used to be a thing).

I watch the EAS simulations on YouTube. Some creators come up with some very interesting scenarios, one of my favorites being a giant monster battle in the city.

13 minutes ago, GD41586 said:

I watch old television commercials, public service announcements, station sign offs (when that used to be a thing).

I watch the EAS simulations on YouTube. Some creators come up with some very interesting scenarios, one of my favorites being a giant monster battle in the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zhJljblPcY

That, and space aliens attacking Washington, C.D.

5 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Mom had a "Brownie" and l later had an "lnstamatic".

Instamatic was discovered in 1963 (I just researched rn).Thanks for the information, I have another piece of valuable information which will help me fit the puzzle together and find out your actual age. :D

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

On 6/29/2018 at 3:44 AM, notme said:

I was trying to think of something that only I do, and came up with nothing. 

I stare at the night sky with binoculars. My favorite things to find are Jupiter and the Orion Nebula.

I read lots of science books and sci-fi books.

I take free online courses.

I play with my kids.

I cook well enough. 

I know how to crochet. I'm really slow at it. I make winter hats and single mittens. I think if I keep trying, eventually I will be able to produce a matched pair.

I work on my garden of fruit trees and grapevines. It came with the house but was neglected for many years.

I'm shockingly, disappointingly normal. :(

Do you really have the time to do all of them while you have 4 kids?! You think that you are normal but there is a big Persian forum for Iranian women and if you go there and tell them that you have 4 kids (and that your eldest child is autistic who probabely needs special attention and teaching and the youngest one is 2-3) and however you have the time to take online courses and read a lot of books and work on your garden and do all household chores, then they will call you exceptional!

The news is harping this Heat Wave Warning.

My real temperature today was 93 degrees  Fahrenheit, which is almost 34 degrees Centigrade. The humidity was very high.

TV showed later that my area had one of those "feels like 103 F".

So what do l do? l hear thunder and think, "l better mow the yard before it rains."

And promptly did.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, notme said:

Orion Nebula ? New to me. So l Iooked it up and this is what we called "Orion's Dagger" --dagger in its belt.

l didn't know the middle one is a nebula.

lf you ever go into the Sahara, the sky is so clear you don't 'need' binoculars.

Did you ever use the Thermal setting on PVS-5s ?

10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Orion Nebula ? New to me. So l Iooked it up and this is what we called "Orion's Dagger" --dagger in its belt.

l didn't know the middle one is a nebula.

lf you ever go into the Sahara, the sky is so clear you don't 'need' binoculars.

Did you ever use the Thermal setting on PVS-5s ?

Nah, I've got a budget telescope and a pair of inexpensive binoculars, and I don't get to travel much. I have no fancy filters, just a Galileo setup. I do have solar filters that we got for viewing last year's solar eclipse. I've looked at sunspots a few times too.