Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ibn al-Hussain

Short Course: Introduction to Ḥadīth Sciences

5 hours ago, Ibn al-Hussain said:

As the Orientalist and civil servant Sir William Muir (1819–1905) served in India for the British government, it was not long before he realized the significance of Prophet Muhammad's (p) sunnah for the day-to-day practice of Islam for the Muslims.

:salam:

What's this sentence got to do with what follows? It seems as if there is a sentence after this one that is missing.

For those of you who have Skype, if you are serious about learning about Hadith Sciences, see the first post in this topic. 

On 6/26/2018 at 8:39 PM, Ibn al-Hussain said:

which is 5 PM EST (London). They will be recorded so those who paid but missed a session for whatever reason, can access it later.

Thanks. Else I'd have to stay awake all night and sleep in the office next day. Btw, how long will each session be? And how will I able to access these recorded sessions? And what if I get a question while listening through these sessions.?

Thank you. 

On 6/27/2018 at 8:29 PM, Ibn al-Hussain said:

... I would definitely be interested in teaching further short courses (7-8 sessions) on other subjects.

I will be skipping this one for now but I will certainly be interested in some other courses that I believe you should teach. I had read a discussion between you and a member who did not agree with the institution of marja'iyyah and you had explained in some details as to what the issue with his arguments were. I really think that subject will be an interest to many and I will look forward once you decide to take it on.

13 minutes ago, smba said:

How would i join if i am in Australia?

The classes are being conducted over Skype so...you can join from anywhere in the world. Of course, the timings may be slightly problematic for you since the time in Australia would be around 2AM. So, you may need to stay up later than you'd like. Otherwise, there's no problem with people signing up from anywhere in the world.

9 hours ago, smba said:

How would i join if i am in Australia?

You can sign up just like it has been described in the opening post, and if you cannot attend the sessions live due to the time difference, you can still be part of the Skype group and will receive the link to the recorded sessions after it has been uploaded.

Wasalam

Around a week left to sign up! Some have already signed up officially, while a few others have said they will sign-up, but haven't done so yet. If you are still interested I suggest you sign up sooner rather than later. The course is practically free and will be fruitful God willing!

Remember, if you cannot attend the live sessions, signing up will still allow you to get the link for the recording of the live session.

Wasalam

Salams,

Ibn Abbas narrated that Muhammad said, "Two favours are treated unjustly by most people: health and free time. - Sahih Bukhari.

Honestly, this course should be mandatory for everyone who still use ShiaChat.

I would sign up in a heartbeat, but due to other obligations it would be hard to commit 100% to the course. Will there be an exam at the end? :hijabhijabi:

On 7/6/2018 at 12:26 AM, Ibn al-Hussain said:

Around a week left to sign up! Some have already signed up officially, while a few others have said they will sign-up, but haven't done so yet. If you are still interested I suggest you sign up sooner rather than later. The course is practically free and will be fruitful God willing!

Remember, if you cannot attend the live sessions, signing up will still allow you to get the link for the recording of the live session.

Wasalam

2 more days left to sign up!

Wasalam

On 7/12/2018 at 1:17 PM, silasun said:

@Ibn al-Hussain Will the lessons be stored for years to come/downloadable?

On 7/14/2018 at 5:48 PM, haideriam said:

@Ibn al-Hussain

I hope people can join in later and still be eligible for the recordings? Would love to do this course.

My questions, exactly.