Natsu

How old are you?

Rate this topic

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, notme said:

Edit again: my other salon experience was a spiral perm. Does anyone remember when those were in style? I guess perms aren't so much a thing among hijabis, but I wasn't Muslim the time. 

Wasn't that "spikes" ?

40 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Wasn't that "spikes" ?

I had a lot of friends who had a punk look, but I never was into that. One fellow I knew during my freshman year at university was there son of a very strict Marine Corps officer. He dyed his hair blue, then when Thanksgiving break came, bleached it back to blonde. Back at school, he dyed it blue again, then bleached it again for winter break. January rolled around and back at school he dyed it again - and it all fell out. 

My university friends were mostly girls and guys who walked around in mowhawks, spiked hair, portions of heads shaved, dressed all in black, army boots . As graduation time approached, they all got conservative haircuts and new job interview suits. 

1 hour ago, Natsu said:

What the heck r u guys talking about?:confused:

Just old folks reminescing. That's one of the best things about being old, by the way, all the stories you can remember. 

2 minutes ago, notme said:

I had a lot of friends who had a punk look, but I never was into that. One fellow I knew during my freshman year at university was there son of a very strict Marine Corps officer. He dyed his hair blue, then when Thanksgiving break came, bleached it back to blonde. Back at school, he dyed it blue again, then bleached it again for winter break. January rolled around and back at school he dyed it again - and it all fell out. 

My university friends were mostly girls and guys who walked around in mowhawks, spiked hair, portions of heads shaved, dressed all in black, army boots . As graduation time approached, they all got conservative haircuts and new job interview suits. 

Just old folks reminescing. That's one of the best things about being old, by the way, all the stories you can remember. 

Glad to be young:pushup2:

7 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

I say @hasanhh should create a poll and have everyone vote on his age. Whoever comes closest wins a prize. Am I right, Brother? :party:

WHAT? l still haven't received any 'prize' for concluding SC's Eid gift was an IRl win at the World Cup.

So youz ain't 'right'.

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

@hasanhh bro you have to be in your 70's! 

h a s a n h h = 7 letters

He cannot be such old for the reasons below:

The way he talks- his character- his memory- he is an active member here- he has a nephew/ niece who is a toddler

He is probabely between 50 and 65

Edited by shadow_of_light

1 hour ago, shadow_of_light said:

He cannot be such old for the reasons below:

The way he talks- his character- his memory- he is an active member here- he has a nephew/ niece who is a toddler

He is probabely between 50 and 65

What if he’s 30:confused:

@notme  self-identified as a "hippie" over in the "open borders" thread.

Now, a real hippie will now be 70+ years old.

She also reveals that "hill people" are 10 years behind the rest of US.

So, as 70-10=60, l think @notme is 60+ years old.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

@notme  self-identified as a "hippie" over in the "open borders" thread.

Now, a real hippie will now be 70+ years old.

She also reveals that "hill people" are 10 years behind the rest of US.

So, as 70-10=60, l think @notme is 60+ years old.

Lol, she has a very young child, that would be impossible. She's about 46 in my estimate. 

12 hours ago, hasanhh said:

@ShiaChat Mod you marked "confused". l wrote about a record player with a 78 speed switch. lt also had 45 rpm.

:salam:

I was still playing maxi 45s less than 10 years ago, although I am not a 50's baby.

I saw Michael Jackson turn from brown to white to transparent, I remember Ceauscescu being hanged, Mandela released, I grew up when each house had a Guinness Books of records, played Street Fighter 2 a lot, saw Jurassic Park at the theatre, idolized Shaquille O'neal smashing panels, and knew the era of pagers. 

I was born in 1983.

58 minutes ago, starlight said:

@hasanhh is in his forties. I have known this for a looooooooong time :keeporder::keeporder: 

even though he might be trying to tell you he was born before 1960 ("78" records)

Uhty, l think you are 40ish.

18 minutes ago, realizm said:

I remember Ceauscescu being hanged,

He was shot ,with his wife, in an alley or lot.

l still have a pager. Doesn't work now.

Never heard of "Street fighter 2".

Jurassic Park l saw on TV. "Dumb".

Micheal Jackson was one of the Jackson 5.

l remember Commie Mandela when he was imprisoned with the others (in the newspapers). The Mandela you know came from the change within himself while incarcerated.