Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Straight path

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Im always afraid that i might go off the straight path in the future

im always afraid that i might do kufr or shirk in the future 

what if i’m doing things the wrong way thinking that its right?

what if i’m sinning without even realizing it

what if my prayers dont get accepted by Allah

i always have these thoughts in my mind and dont know what to do to ease myself from these thoughts 

Edited by Natsu
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Natsu said:

i always have these thoughts in my mind and dont know what to do to ease myself from these thoughts 

Read Qur'an constantly many times everyday,  it will remind you the straight path and it also show you if you doing something wrong.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Natsu said:

Live in the present brother.

Every day, make sure you try to stay obedient to Allah that day. No point in worrying about the future if you don't take care of your present.

• Basic Members
21 hours ago, Natsu said:

King David wrote:

Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!    Psalms 139:23‭-‬24

When we genuinely come to God seeking His will and ask Him to show us what is true and right, we can trust that He is faithful to lead us to the truth :)

• Basic Members

What you feel is actually very normal and recommend for anyone’s to increase in faith, by letting your faith in Allahs words induce hope calmness and tranquility. 

Allah has literally addressed all your concerns in the Quran. I will mention a few 

Say: “My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful.” 
The Holy Quran 39:53

• Basic Members

And whosoever fears Allah…He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine.
The Holy Quran 65:2-3

Do not lose heart nor fall into despair! You shall triumph if you are believers.
The Holy Quran 3:139

Take Allahs word as absolute truth and you will find comfort in the matters you have mentioned 

• Advanced Member
On 6/21/2018 at 6:58 PM, Natsu said:

Salam,

Excuse me if I will come across as being blunt.  This is not really a sign of spiritual health although it may deceptively seem to be.  These thoughts are just another form of a distraction or veil insinuated either by Satan or our nafs.   

You are occupied by fear which is a form of attachment.  You have to truly submit and let go of this very fear you are having in God’s ever watchful and merciful presence which is here and now.  You are living too much in the future (by saying, what if this happens and that happens).  Live only in the now for God is only in the present (He is Presence itself and He makes the present what it is).  This is the true meaning of taqwa.  Taqwa means to be aware of God’s Presence, to live in this Presence.  Taqwa does not mean to have a fear of some future event that may befall you,it means rather to have reliance or to find reliance and safety in God right now.  

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Salam,

Excuse me if I will come across as being blunt.  This is not really a sign of spiritual health although it may deceptively seem to be.  These thoughts are just another form of a distraction or veil insinuated either by Satan or our nafs.   

You are occupied by fear which is a form of attachment.  You have to truly submit and let go of this very fear you are having in God’s ever watchful and merciful presence which is here and now.  You are living too much in the future (by saying, what if this happens and that happens).  Live only in the now for God is only in the present (He is Presence itself and He makes the present what it is).  This is the true meaning of taqwa.  Taqwa means to be aware of God’s Presence, to live in this Presence.  Taqwa does not mean to have a fear of some future event that may befall you,it means rather to have reliance or to find reliance and safety in God right now.  

"I must not fear

Fear is the mind-killer

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

On 6/22/2018 at 3:58 AM, Natsu said:

Recite the following duas in the qunoot of every obligatory prayers:

رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ

2:250

ربَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَإِسْرَافَنَا فِي أَمْرِنَا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ

3:147 

And this one too

"Ya Allaho Ya Rehmano Ya Raheem, Ya Muqallibal Quloob, thabbit qalbi ala deenik"

The thoughts you have shared, if they are yours, you are very likely under the influence of satan. 

You need to get rid of such thoughts, maintain internal & external purity, ask forgiveness & help from Allah, seek His refuge.

• Veteran Member
On 6/22/2018 at 6:58 AM, Natsu said:

Salam,

There was a hadith from Fatima Az Zahra (AS)... "Believe in Allah and follow the path".

Have trust in Allah swt for His Guidance. 

Layman.

• Advanced Member

The people above have given good advice all I would say it don't worry and put your trust in Al Aziz.

Im always afraid that i might go off the straight path in the future - it could happen but there is no point dwelling, if you do, then know the Allah loves tawba (meaning is to return back)

im always afraid that i might do kufr or shirk in the future - it could happen but keep your mind sharp and think about Allahs creation and mercy manifested in the universe.

what if i’m doing things the wrong way thinking that its right? we all fall into this category.

what if i’m sinning without even realizing it - try keep away from the major sins first and hold yourself to account regularly but not all the time so you worry

what if my prayers dont get accepted by Allah - assume they do, provided you are earning halal, abstain from major sins - even then, the mercy of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is unlimited....

i always have these thoughts in my mind and dont know what to do to ease myself from these thoughts - try read there's a good book of hadith called Mizan al Hikmah that has sections explaining nicely all the stuff you have listed above. It is in the form of hadith from the Imams (AS) so it is easy to read :)

moderation is the key here and just relax

• Advanced Member
On 6/21/2018 at 6:58 PM, Natsu said:

This could exactly my conception of Taqwa. I would not be afraid of these thoughts because they keep you constantly away from sins:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَخْشَوْنَ رَبَّهُم بِالْغَيْبِ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ وَأَجْرٌ كَبِيرٌ (12)

the  stronger is this fear inside you the more your heart will have tranquility and peace! if it is not so it means that the waswas al khannas (iblis)  is trying  to deprive you from that peace:

الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُمْ بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ ۗ أَلَا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ

Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah . Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured."

Surat Ar-Ra’d Ayat 28