Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
zach

Western Christian

Rate this topic

33 minutes ago, zach said:

We do not believe that Jesus was a prophet because we believe that He was God Himself

How can you prove jesus was god himself ?

5 hours ago, zach said:

Excellent question,

the deciding factor will be whether or not they have accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior, so that He may take their sins away and make them clean and innocent before God

What about people who have never heard about Christianity, are they going straight to hell?

1 hour ago, zach said:

We do not believe that Jesus was a prophet because we believe that He was God Himself

Then the prophet that was asked about to John the Baptist in the verse below is Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and his family because you say Jesus isn't a prophet and the Jews were clearly waiting for a prophet as shown in the verse:

(John 1:19-21)

19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders[c] in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. 20 He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Messiah.”

21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”

He said, “I am not.”

“Are you the Prophet?”

He answered, “No.”

10 hours ago, zach said:

appreciate that, so how would one be accepted to heaven in your beliefs?

Faith and Works.

Faith: Belief in Allah as the God of the Universe; belief in the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as the last prophet; belief in the 12 successors of the Prophet (pbuh).

Works: Avoid major sins; minimize minor sins. Be good to your neighbor; be a good citizen of the World.

@zach Thanks for answering my question. I have another question:

I know that Christians hold a view that Prophet Adam (as) sinned by eating from the tree of knowledge - of good and evil. Why was Prophet Adam (as) condemned by God for knowing good and evil? What is the philosophy behind not eating from the "tree of knowledge"?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

I have a question for a knowledgeable trinitarian Christian, I've wondered for a little while.

In the book of Revelations it says that not even "The Son" will know when the day of judgement will be, only "The Father" knows. If Jesus is God how is it possible for God to both know and not know a thing?

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

@zach Thanks for answering my question. I have another question:

I know that Christians hold a view that Prophet Adam (as) sinned by eating from the tree of knowledge - of good and evil. Why was Prophet Adam (as) condemned by God for knowing good and evil? What is the philosophy behind not eating from the "tree of knowledge"?

This is an excellent question, I apologize for the late response, but in order to understand why it was a sin, one must look to the book of Genesis in the Bible to understand. Genesis 2:16-17 God tells Adam that he may eat of any tree in the garden of eden aside from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The sin that occurred was Adam's disobedience to God by ignoring God's command to not eat from the tree. The question then becomes why did God not allow them to eat of the tree. Many debate what God's reasoning was. My personal opinion was that Adam and Eve were both innocent and shameless as indicated by their sudden realization that they were naked after consuming the fruit. Genesis 2:5 states, "They were naked and felt no shame." now this was before they ate the fruit. Genesis 3:7 describes how they sewed clothes out of fig leaves upon realizing their nakedness. So what happened when they ate the fruit? They disobeyed God, and their innocence was taken because then the could feel shame and sense and know evil. Basically, the knowledge of evil had entered their minds, and they could now act upon evil, and their disobedience allowed evil (sin) and death to enter the world.

8 hours ago, notme said:

I have a question for a knowledgeable trinitarian Christian, I've wondered for a little while.

In the book of Revelations it says that not even "The Son" will know when the day of judgement will be, only "The Father" knows. If Jesus is God how is it possible for God to both know and not know a thing?

Thanks. 

This is another excellent question, one that many Christians have pondered as well. I do not recall Revelations quoting that, but I do recall Christ stating that in the Gospels of Matthew and Mark. The quote for both Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32 goes as follows, "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor The Son, but only The Father." Now it is vital to understand the context of why it was said. Jesus Himself quoted that in response to the disciples privately asking Him for a sign of His coming and the end of the age immediately after Jesus proclaimed that not one stone would be left on another when He prophesied the destruction of the temple. He then proceeds to give signs of the end of the age that include but are not limited to wars and rumors of wars, the abomination that causes desolation standing in The Holy Place, and the Gospel being preached to all nations and the whole world. It is important for those studying the chapter and the verse to remember that Jesus was The Son of God, so it does make little sense as to why He would not know the time that the end times shall occur, however He has great insight into the climate and events leading up to the end, so He clearly knows much about it. As a human being, He was subjected to human conditions, however He came into the world with no sin due to being conceived through the work of The Holy Spirit on earth. He was born of a virgin, so He had no earthly father, and therefore Adam, who represented man and who also had no earthly father, was not His representative. To prove His divinity and to also show that He was a perfect sacrifice, He endured the life that mortal men live. He depended upon The Holy Spirit and God The Father to provide for Him and to protect Him. Shortly after His birth, King Herod ordered the execution of every child under the age of two in the area that Jesus was born. Matthew 2:13-18. So Jesus was like any other newborn, and was dependent upon The Divine to keep Him safe. He was later tempted by the devil in the desert, and He triumphantly refused each temptation. Matthew 4:1-11. He ate, drank, and lived the life of a human, and He was sinless. When He performed signs and miracles it was through the power of The Holy Spirit. Based on these recordings we can assume that Jesus truly didn't know the hour while He was alive on earth. It is possible that now that He has returned to heaven, that He does know. So in short, He understood what events surrounded the end times, however He was not given the knowledge from The Holy Spirit to give an exact time. He may not have known the time because it could have changed just by Him stating the time, much like how one views movies with time travel where events or history is erased based upon slight changes due to the knowledge that people may have gained from the future. Very thought provoking question

21 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Please go more into depth of these words: “lord” and savior.

what do you mean by those?

and how do you introduce jesus? Who was he?

and what do you mean he should be accepted as those words ?

Great questions, I will personally give my personal reasons for calling Jesus Lord and Savior. A few years ago, I hated God, specifically The Christian God due to how other Christians behaved and acted towards me. I was traveling home and after drinking energy drinks, I suffered an intense anxiety attack. This attack lasted for months, I could barely function or sleep because I had this incessant feeling of doom. I felt as though I could die at any moment, and then I would go directly to hell. I believed that God could never forgive me for the things I had said and done against Him. One day at work I cried out to Him in my head, begging for forgiveness, I then heard a voice in my head saying, "alright, you've had enough." The fear that I had had left me, and I felt much much better. I started to attend a Bible study, and I continued to beg God for forgiveness, and overtime I had been fully healed. I haven't had a panic attack in over a year. Now I can say that I am saved, death no longer worries me. I was saved by Christ, so that makes Him my savior. Not only did He save me from hell, but also forgave me for my sins, as well as given me a place in His family. He rescued me from a meaningless and wicked life, and given me hope, a future, and love that I feel for everyone. It is this love and peace that I intend to share with others, and He knows the best way to help everyone. 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." He loves all and desires reconciliation with all of humanity. When I proclaim that He is my Lord, I am saying that He is The One who guides, directs, and leads my path in life. My goal is to serve Him by serving others and sharing the love that He holds for all of mankind. I introduce Him as my Father in heaven, for He has adopted me into His kingdom. He was and is The Son of God, He should be accepted not through some chant, but through the power of The Holy Spirit in a changed life that glorifies Him. In your heart, who is He is the question, and it is one of the best questions that can be asked, and if that question reveals your faith, trust, and loyalty to Him, then your fate is with Him. 

21 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Roman is a book written by Paul.

1] Who gave him such informations to write all those books? Didn’t he developed that in his own mind?

2) do you believe other than jesus everybody is sinful? If yes, why ?

3) what’s your opinion about Islam ?

These are excellent questions so I'll take them one by one

1. In short The Holy Spirit inspired Him to write these books. They were not just some made up scenarios in his mind. Many of his books were written to churches that he was helping disciple or was giving thanks for. The books he wrote were generally letters with instructions on Christian living, and some history and accounts that he made about the life of Jesus and his own life. He was beaten, imprisoned, in danger, and ultimately executed for his beliefs, so it is unlikely that he was making up what he wrote. In one of Peter's letters, Peter being the same Peter that was a disciple of Christ described Paul as a brother and generally spoke highly of him and approved of his writings. 2 Peter 3:15- 16. So Paul was approved by Peter a disciple of Jesus Himself. 

2. Yes I believe that aside from Jesus everyone has sinned. I believe this because Scripture explicitly states this Romans 3:23. Every human aside from Jesus was descendant of Adam who contaminated the world with sin through his disobedience to God. As such all have committed sin aside from Jesus who was born of a virgin and had no earthly father, so He did not come from Adam's line.

3. I respect Islam, however I disagree with many things. I believe many who follow Islam truly do wish to serve God. I respect what your prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, did in uniting the Arab tribes, and for encouraging the worship of one God. As with all of humanity I love Muslims, and I wish to help them and to also learn from them in any way that I can. There are also things I highly respect such as the fasting during Ramadan, the devotion to God and serving Him by praying obediently. I do wish to learn more about Islam, and hope to make friends with those who follow Islam and to search for truth together. 

11 hours ago, power said:

Hi Zach and welcome to Shiachat. My question is: Do the christians believe they will see God in the hereafter? 

Hello, great question

not only do we believe that we will see God in the hereafter, but that we will be in fellowship with Him, and that He will be our King, Father, and Lord and we will be His people.

20 hours ago, erik said:

Then the prophet that was asked about to John the Baptist in the verse below is Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and his family because you say Jesus isn't a prophet and the Jews were clearly waiting for a prophet as shown in the verse:

(John 1:19-21)

19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders[c] in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. 20 He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Messiah.”

21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”

He said, “I am not.”

“Are you the Prophet?”

He answered, “No.”

You make a great point, the Jews were indeed searching for a prophet, and Jesus said that He was not a prophet. Christians believe that the Jews were looking for a prophet and a messianic figure. The issue was that they were searching for a political leader that would lead them out of the captivity of the Roman empire. Jesus never once encouraged the Jews to overthrow the empire, so they did not believe He was The Messiah. So the question becomes, was Muhammad the one that the Jews were waiting for, and if so why did Jesus deny being a prophet? Christians believe that Jesus was The Messiah, the one predicted to crush the head of the serpent in Genesis by the fact that He died and rose again, ending sin and death's domain on earth, and that He will return to redeem all of creation. He was a spiritual king, and sought to save the world of an issue that all cultures, nations, and peoples face, death and sin. The Jews were looking for someone to overthrow a temporary problem, the roman empire. 

In response to your other question about those that never heard about Christianity, it is never explicitly stated what happens to them in Scripture. Some believe that God accepts those who genuinely tried to seek Him in life, others that one is given a chance upon death. The truth is we do not really know, so we try to make sure that all may hear and be saved. Our focus is to spread love and to save as many as we can

3 hours ago, zach said:

In short The Holy Spirit inspired Him to write these books.

How can you prove Holy Spirit inspired Paul? What’s the proof of that ?

you can’t prove it. He developed that by his own mind. 

Teaching of your religion is not from god. It’s from Paul.

The funny thing is paul himself also is not sure !!

1 Corinthians 7:40 (King James Version)
40 But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God

3 hours ago, zach said:

Yes I believe that aside from Jesus everyone has sinned.

Are you sure ? How can you prove king Josiah, caleb... commited any sin ?

lets do a thing : I would say, jesus also sinned.

Edited by Arminmo

3 hours ago, zach said:

He was and is The Son of God

By your book, God had many sons , that’s nothing special about jesus !!!

Exodus 4:22 "Thus saith Jehovah, Israel is my son, even my firstborn."

Jeremiah 31:9 "I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn."

even begotten!!

Psalm 2:7 "....Jehovah had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

On 6/21/2018 at 12:05 AM, zach said:

How can you prove jesus was god himself?

Edited by Arminmo

3 hours ago, zach said:

Jesus said that He was not a prophet

Can you tell me from the bible where Jesus said he's not a prophet.

3 hours ago, zach said:

Christians believe that the Jews were looking for a prophet and a messianic figure.

Ok, but who's the prophet then? Because in the verse I mentioned, the Jews clearly make a distinction between three persons the Messiah, Elijah and the unknown prophet.

4 hours ago, zach said:

Every human aside from Jesus was descendant of Adam

4 hours ago, zach said:

As such all have committed sin aside from Jesus who was born of a virgin and had no earthly father,

Listen there is a contradiction in your words:

af first you say every human is from Adam, so jesus also was from Adam because jesus had a mother from Adam !!

4 hours ago, zach said:

so He did not come from Adam's line.

So you can not say he didn’t come from Adam to not have sin !!

Edited by Arminmo

6 hours ago, Arminmo said:

How can you prove Holy Spirit inspired Paul? What’s the proof of that ?

you can’t prove it. He developed that by his own mind. 

Teaching of your religion is not from god. It’s from Paul.

The funny thing is paul himself also is not sure !!

1 Corinthians 7:40 (King James Version)
40 But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God

Are you sure ? How can you prove king Josiah, caleb... commited any sin ?

lets do a thing : I would say, jesus also sinned.

What sin did Jesus commit? 

18 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Listen there is a contradiction in your words:

af first you say every human is from Adam, so jesus also was from Adam because jesus had a mother from Adam !!

So you can not say he didn’t come from Adam to not have sin !!

Jesus was put inside of Mary to grow and develop like any other earthly child, but He came from heaven, not from the earth. He was put on this earth but was not of this earth. He lived the life of a human, and took the form and likeness of a human, but never sinned.