Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I dont feel accepted as a shia!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
4 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

I have no shia friends or bros to interact with. Im takin as a joke, I don't feel accepted, I feel like im being ignored. What should I do?

Salam you must be patient , It takes time to they accept you when you are really believe that you are a shia opinion of the others is nonsense ,as much as possible be more active such as helping for doing duas & rituals and try to be one of party that   make things ready.

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

Honestly, If you don't feel welcomed in your local Shia community, then try to make Muslim friends (Sunni). I guess it depends on where you live, because some cities that have a large Shia community, are pretty welcoming. Also, how do you know for a fact that they think a certain way about you? Your thoughts don't necessarily depict reality.

Sunni Muslims can also be pretty nice, so don't just limit your interactions to Shias. I have more Sunni friends, and they are a great influence.

Also, are you a social person? Like do you find it easy to strike a conversation with new people?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

I suggest you to have a dialogue with them. Try to pose that you want to learn more about religion or Islamic history. You may discuss with them the lives of Imams, you may ask them to teach you some dua's or anything that could help in starting the dialogue. You should initiate the discussions even if they are not interested in any sort of discussions. Start with giving them a precious gift of salam with gentle smile. 

I hope this will help you to mix up with them.